1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports: Cleveland, Philadelphia "messing with Ireland's" head

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    With regard to drafting Tannehill. Jason Cole is confident Miami will draft Tannehill.

Link to video: HERE

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The blurb about Moore and his time in Carolina is important to pay attention to. He's been handed the starting gig before after a strong performance the prior season in relief of the starter and it did not go well. Doesn't mean he'll necessarily flop again, but it's worth noting.

Of course, if he flops that bad again, he could end up helping to land us the #1 pick just like Carolina got after that season... :shifty:

3. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    the sad thing is all the other draft people having him too. Tannyhill was one of the worst qb s in the big 12 if Henne and Sage couldnt succeed what makes people think Tannyhill will succeed his stata is bad in second half of games he as many ints as he does tds . i dont object to draftingTannyhill in rd 3 but no way is he a 1st rd qb.

what I want to know is why does south florida media kiss Tannyhill 's jock ?

drafting Floyd or trading up and taking Blackmon would be a bold move but that probally wont happen.

first&goal likes this.
  4. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I love how the media says Flynn "dissed" us lol...and I think hes over reacting a little by saying theirs going to be riots if we don't get Tannehill.

5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I doubt we reach for Tannehill at 8. Not Ireland like at all to make such a risky 1st pick. Safer bet would picking BPA whether its Coples, Richardson, Blackmon, Claiborne. I think they try to trade down maybe with Dallas if they really want Poe.

first&goal and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  6. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    What does this even say?

7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Christ, that would be disastrous.

8. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Matt Moore is one of two things: He's either a QB who stands out when called to duty in an unpredictable moment (so to speak) or a a QB who thrives in a certain type of system. There are many QBs I feel like might have succeeded in the NFL if they were in the right system. He could be that type of QB. I find Matt Moore to be a bit of a tweener. He's a guy who's going to give you all he's got no matter what. But can't excel in just any offense. And I'm not sure how he'd do against a top notch defense. Much like Pennington - he's never shown much against a top tier defense. Pennington is a smarter QB, but Matt Moore has a better arm. But for whatever reason, they can't put there strengths up against a top defense.

9. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    We are not interestyed in Tanny .....much .I heard he has Tterminal progressive warts in his thowing hand which is a lifetime condition and can only get worse.Pass the word.:wink2:

fins4o8 and Booftard like this.
  10. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I've heard the same thing. Warts are no joke.

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Richardson...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wouldn't it have been better if he'd done it this season?

13. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    What trading down acquiring more draft picks would be disastrous?

14. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Jason Cole is a (fat) douche.

sports24/7, Boik14 and Fin D like this.
  15. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Floyd at 8 baby... Trade up with a third for weeden... Curry at 73... Successfully drafted

16. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Eagles, Rams eye Cleveland's pick:

HERE

17. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Thats not the only place he has those warts....

18. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

So the Rams traded out of the 2nd pick back to the 6th only to want to trade back to the 3rd pick? And people say our FO is disfunctional?

19. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Add Seattle to the mix...from Peter kings MMQB:

"You can write this down," says King. "If Tannehill were to be there at 12, Seattle would take him." Per King, teams around the league are well aware of the Seahawks' affinity for Tannehill, and a quarterback-needy club might be inclined to trade up to No. 11 to get in front of Seattle if Tannehill fell. "At Tannehill's workout," one source told King, "(Seahawks coach) Pete Carroll was giggling like a schoolgirl watching him throw. His attitude was like, 'What are we even doing here? He'll never be there for us."

20. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
  21. Dol Fan99

Dol Fan99 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Well it looks to me that the more Cleveland keeps talking about drafting him the more we will be impelled to try and trade up to draft this kid. If it happens, itll be pretty funny to say that the quarterback who was drafted third overall isnt ready to start in the NFL... 3rd overall!! were talking matt ryan position. We wont even get to see our first round pick play this year... until like week 5 when moore throws his like 6th int and the entire stadium starts chanting "we want tannehill!" :shifty:

22. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    But they did get this year's 1st and 2nd, next year's first, and the first in 2014......all from Washington.

They have some chips to bargain, and it might be to draft Blackmon. I do not see them moving up to draft Tannehill, but who knows?

They can almost be rest assured that Minny is not going to pick Tannehill given the Ponder pick, but Minny might be "in love" with someone not named Luck or Griffin III. This puts the Vikings in a GREAT position to grab extra picks and move back just a tad if they aren't sold on anyone at #3.

You see, in this year's draft, the Vikings essentially have the #1 overall pick now given how everything is panning out.

The draft order could get a little convoluted.

So with that, Miami is in the classroom looking through the window while everyone else is outside at recess. Miami MUST be sold on Tannehill if they are to move up that far, and I think it has to be with Minnesota or Cleveland. Fisher and crew could just be trying to make a play. So could Cleveland. But I think Cleveland is the likely spot for Tannehill to go if Miami does not nab him first. I think Cleveland could be genuinely interested. Everyone else (save Philly) might just move up to take their man, and if Tannehill is that carrot dangling on a string, so be it.

I do not think Miami should make the move to get Tannehill. It would be too much of an investment for the future of the team. No doubt, there are many scenarios the draft could take that the FO has considered, but I think in the end, I think they stay at 8 if Tannehill is there, or move back if he is not.

I still think 8 is a bit high for Tannehill, but they have to take that chance if he is there at 8. I would be surprised if they moved up. It just does not make much sense for the future of this franchise. Maybe if they had a chance at Luck or RGIII, but not for Tannehill.

23. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Why wouldn't Tannehill be BPA among those you listed?

One thing about BPA: it works, but only when you have a franchise QB already in place. But if you want to go pure, unadulterated BPA, then at #8 you pick Brandon Weeden.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  24. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    There is a reason Cleveland is pushing the talk out there. They get nothing out of us trading with the Vikings up to 3, other than the fact it takes Tannehill off the board for them.

If Tannehill is on the board then they would have to hear the backlash on whether they should have drafted him at 4 or not.

We move up to 3 and take him, well Cleveland is now free to pick as they see fit. No pressure to listen to the fans at that point. Not saying they would ever make a move based on that, but it shuts them up for a little while if they take Richardson, Blackmon, or a lineman.

25. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    At this point I'm just ready to find out what happens and then throw my rotten tomatoes and onions at the stage like everyone else.

bigbry likes this.
  26. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    But that's the thing, they will need to give up most of what they got from Washington to move back up to 3. If they are so in love with a player that they feel the need to move back up, is it worth the risk of not getting the second deal done just to net what will likely be a 3rd round pick when all is said and done?