1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 should be a very simple draft for Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Apr 13, 2012.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have to disagree. Ross obviously has a thing for Ireland and while I think Ireland should be held accountable for the entire time he has been the teams GM, Ross appears to have given Ireland a pass for all the time Parcells was with the team.

The reality is that the Dolphins have been 20-28 over the last three seasons, with their worst record over this period coming in 2011. I feel that the loss of Nolan as the teams DC is going to have a negative effect on the play of the defense in 2012. I don't see this unit being a top ten defense this coming season, as they were the past two seasons.

Like him or not, Marshall was a true number one WR. The Dolphins are now left with a group of very mediocre WR's and two QB's competing for the starting position who are nothing but backup QB's in the NFL. The offensive line was one of the worst OL's in the NFL last season and I don't see anything they have done in free agency to resolve the issues on the right side of the line. Of course they can always draft offensive linemen in the draft, but that is no assurance these rookies will come in and immediately upgrade the play of the line.

Last season Reggie Bush had a very productive year running the ball. Unfortunately his history in the NFL is a running back who is often injured and can not be relied on to play a full season of games. Hopefully he will be as productive this season as he was last season because I don't have a lot of faith in Thomas as his backup.

Because of the lack of ticket sales, the Dolphins FO is unwilling to admit in public what most of us already realize. This being that the Dolphins are in another REBUILDING process and that it is going to take another 3-4 of rebuilding before this team is a legitimate playoff contender. Right now the Dolphins have the worst roster in the AFC East and if fans can't see the obvious, they are merely blind to the fact that the Dolphins have a long way to go before they are once again a playoff team in the AFC.

2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I wish.
    But it won't happen for 2 reasons.
    1. He won't be there at #8.
    2. Blackmon doesn't play O or D Line.

3. CD13

CD13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Vestal, NY
    Pass the Kool-Aid I need a sip. This draft is actually very important. We have changed coaching staffs, therefore Ireland has the challenge to change gears a bit and draft players that fit the new system. If he is not successful, then you could actually see the team get worse before it gets better. I agree we need the Franchise QB, but there are other needs too.

4. Pro-X

Pro-X End Game Club Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Don't feel we are rebuilding, seems more like revamping. We are not starting from scratch, just adding a few pieces of the puzzle...

5. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    i don't understand people's love of Osweiler. As a 3rd, he's a waste. he's a developmental QB at best. Which means next year, you're drafting a QB anyway because he's not going to be ready. I don't like anything about his game. IMO if Miami drafts Osweiler it's an absolute wasted pick. If they don't go for Tannehill they need to grab Weeden. and for those who think they can just grab Weeden with a 2nd, you're delusional. KC will grab him before he makes it to the 2nd. Not fact, just my opinion.

rafael likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Agreed. I also don't get the Streeter love. Great workout stats but can't play.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But, but, but...how are we going to wrestle the Before Season Championship from the Jets Dynasty if we don't have workout warriors?:shifty:

rafael likes this.
  8. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Sorry, 23rd; but that. We can't put Jerry and Murtha at RG and RT and say we're set. We need one sure thing at either position and have all four backups compete for the other one. That sure thing is DeCastro. Whoever plays next to DeCastro will have an easier time.

Have to do it in two stages. It will trake us next year's draft in addition to this one in order to get where we want to go.

9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    When healthy, Murtha is a quality RT, same goes for Jerry at RG when he's in football shape. We have Hicks and Garner to provide depth, and best of all Columbo is gone.

Murtha is the reason the coaches were comfortable kicking Carey inside to guard last year. We never got to see him at RT b/c Jake was hurt but based on the 2010 tape I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do over there.

Overall, if we want a better group than we currently have we'll probably have to spend a 1st round to get it and I cant imagine that happening given the talent we can potentially add in other areas.

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

the potential parts on offense:
    A) WR Corp:
    1) Hartline/go-to athletic receiver@ 6'2" & 199 lbs has very good speed ( has been clocked @ 4.44 in 40), excellent hands, intelligent, is a potential #1WR
    2) Gates/speed 4.32 used mostly last year on returns, has the ability to stretch the field in a West Coast Offense. a potential GinnJr. that can catch the ball & not be afraid to take a hit.
    3) Bess/fearless & quick, potentially a premier slot-receiver
    4) Wallace @ 6-4 & 225 lbs with good speed & quickness for a big man, potentially a Marshall-like threat over the middle or in traffic anywhere on the field
    the 2012 draft is ripe with WR's this year. could pick the BPA @ on the draft board where a WR might fall
    B) Offensive Line:
    1) Long- #1 pick of the draft & 2010 pro-bowler
    2) Incognito- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Incognito- 6'3 &' 334 lbs, can play center or either guard position very strong, very nasty, mean & competitive
    3) Pouncey @ 6'5" & over 300 lbs he graded out as the top center and guard prospects in the 2011 NFL Draft. He was selected by the Miami Dolphins in the first round
    4) John Jerry 6'5' & 330 lbs he was regarded as one of the better offensive linesmen available in the 2010 NFL Draft, and drew comparisons to Leonard Davis. can play either guard or tackle.
    5) Lyndon Murtha @ 6'7" 330 lbs (mirrors Long in stature) excellent speed has shown promise, appeared to be on his way to winning the position before a foot injury. can play left or right tackle.
    Garner & if brought back on contract, Carey will compete for the start or provide excellent back-ups.
    would make sense to pick the BPA offensive linesman @ any given spot on the draft board where one might fall
    C) TE
    Charles Clay @ 6'-3" & 239 lbs I believe Clay with his excellent receiving & running skills will serve opposite Fasano @ TE in the West Coast Offense
    D) RB
    Reggie Bush should flourish in this new system. Thomas & Slaton will round out the stable.
    E) QB
    Matt Moore & Gerrard @ QB allow us to begin the season competently. the only real need is for a QB to groom for the Franchise future, Tannehilll @ 8.

& that is why the 2012 season will be all about coaching!

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Hartline a number one Wr?

Yikes!!

PSG, BuckeyeKing and dolfan32323 like this.
  12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Hartline certainly has the potential:

he ran hurdles (track in HS & College, was also a QB as well as a WR) his speed is deceptive ( ran a 4.44. 40), as is his size & agility @ 6'2" & 199lbs. very tough & intelligent. knows how to go up for the ball & usually comes down with it. he has excellent hands & he's got the right attitude. I think he's ready to break out, if a QB can get the ball to him.

13. Ozzy

Hartline is a 3rd Wr and suddenly he has the potential to be a true number one Wr? He will never be anything more than a number two at BEST.

14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    two things:
    1) I think you're wrong & I presented the reasoning behind my thought.
    2) I believe Hartline will do better in a West Coast Offense, the ball is spread throughout the eligible receivers as much as possible which makes doubling down or marking a player more difficult.

the entire WR Corp should benefit, especially the so-called #1WR, which I think very well may be Hartline.

15. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hartline is no more than a third or fourth receiver on the better teams in the NFL. If he is truly the WR the Dolphins have determined is going to be their number one WR, we are in trouble.
    Bess is a very good slot receiver.
    Gates did nothing last season which makes me think he is a legitimate WR in the NFL. He was also only average on kickoff returns. Until he actually shows that he can catch some balls in a regular season game, he is a huge question mark, as far as I am concerned.
    Wallace will be lucky to make the team. Comparing him to Marshall makes absolutely no sense. He has done nothing in the last two years which would lead me to believe he has anywhere close to the skill set Marshall has.

While I agree Long is the best offensive lineman on this unit. The fact is that he is coming off his worst year since entering the NFL. If he can recover from the injury bug he has suffered the last two seasons, he will continue to be one of the top LT's in the NFL. Of course if he has another injury riddled season in 2012, the Dolphins just might end up letting him go in free agency and they will be in the market for a new LT when the 2013 draft rolls around.
    Incognito is an average offensive guard who is better in the running game than he is in the passing game. I am waiting to see how he adapts to the WCO. I do feel that he is by far the best guard on the Dolphins right now.
    Pouncey had a good rookie season except for the few games he played against some of the top nose tackles in the NFL. I think the addition of an off season to get stronger and the one year of NFL experience should certainly benefit him as much as any player on the Dolphins.
    As far as the rest of the offensive linemen are concerned. I don't buy into Murtha , Jerry, or Garner being the answer on the right side of the line. I think all these players are decent backups, but not quality starters in the NFL. Murtha has been injured for most of his time with the Dolphins and I would hate to see the Dolphins coaching staff rely on a player who can't seem to remain healthy.
    I see the right side of the offensive line as a definite need in the draft and it would not bother me in the least if the Dolphins use their first round selection on another offensive lineman.

I feel the Dolphins need to draft another TE somewhere in the later rounds of the upcoming draft, but like you, I think Clay can be quite effective in a WCO. Fasano is a much better blocker as a TE than he is a receiver. While I see this as a position the Dolphins should try to upgrade over the next few years as Fasano gets older, I don't see this as a dire position of need right now.

I am not nearly as comfortable at the running back position as you are. While Bush certainly had a breakout year in 2011, his history of missing games during the regular season concerns me greatly. If he can stay healthy, the Dolphins should be okay at this position. I just don't have confidence in Thomas and Slaton being able to provide an effective running game if Bush doesn't have the same type of season he had last year, or if Bush is forced to miss games because of injury.
    My first choice for the Dolphins in this draft would be Luck or RG3. After that I would want the Dolphins to draft Trent Richardson. I think he could do more for the offense than any other skill position player in the entire draft. Unfortunately I don't see him still being on the board when the Dolphins selection comes around.

I am not a Tannehill fan and I would rather see the Dolphins use their early round picks to upgrade the LB, offensive line, defensive line, WR, or safety positions. If the draft goes as most experts seem to think it will, I believe the best player on the board at 8 will be, Luke Kuechly. The Dolphins could draft him and plug him in as a starter for the next ten years.

If the Dolphins can get Weeden with one of their third round selections, I think that would be a worthwhile pick. Otherwise I would like to see the Dolphins just wait until the later rounds and draft Kellen Moore. I don't see any of the QB's in this draft, except Luck and RG3, being franchise type QB's. I think Tannehill, Weeden , Cousins, and the others being mentioned as first through third round selections will be nothing but mediocre starters or backups in the NFL. I would rather the Dolphins wait until next year and do everything they can to move up and draft Matt Barkley with the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Since I believe the Dolphins are in a rebuilding mode right now, I don't see them winning more than 6 games next year. This should give them another top ten selection in the 2013 draft. Hopefully Ireland or whomever the GM is when the 2013 draft comes around, will be as bold as the Redskins were this year and make the trade necessary to move up in the draft and to get Barkley.

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nicely thought out, rational retort which has the ring of truth to it
    although I prefer my vision to yours
    & that is why I think the 2012 season will be all about coaching!

all we can do is wait & see.
    we'll soon know exactly what the new regime is thinking
    & what direction they'll be taking us...

too early to predict numbers & wins
    but it should be interesting
    & the potential is there for a respectable season

I remain firmly in the Tannehill camp & am optimistic about a competitive 2012 season:yes:

17. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The truth is, I prefer your vision to mine also. Unfortunately I just see a lot of holes on this team which it is going to take more than just this one draft to plug. I also hope Philbin is the answer at the HC position, but since he has never been a HC at any level of football, he is a huge question mark, as far as I am concerned.

You obviously are much higher on Tannehill than I am. I respect this, even if we disagree. While I hope the Dolphins pass on Tannehill and draft someone like Kuechly, who I feel can start immediately. If the Dolphins do select Tannehill with their first round pick, I will not cheer the pick on draft day, but I will certainly hope that I am totally wrong about Tannehill's future in the NFL once he becomes a member of the Dolphins.

As you state, all we can do is wait and see how the 2012 season turns out. Until then, we will all just continue to express our opinions regarding the team and direction we see it headed in the near future. That is the reason forums like this exist in the first place. I truly respect the comments of everyone on this forum even if I don't agree with a lot of these comments. When all is said and done, what the vast majority of the posters on this forum desire is to see the Dolphins once again become a relevant team in the NFL. We may not agree on how this should be done or who should be be making the decisions in the FO. Yet if the Dolphins go 10-6 next year and make the playoffs, there will certainly be good reason for individuals like you to tell me and the other naysayers that you were right and we were wrong in our assessment of the Dolphins.

I certainly look forward to you being able to tell me that the 2012 Dolphins were a lot better than I predicted they would be. It certainly won't be the first time or the last time I will be wrong regarding a prediction.

18. Ozzy

It's not like I didn't see your supposed case for Hartline. I also don't think your wrong, I know you are! In the first post I qouted of yours you clearly stated he is a potential #1 Wr. Now your calling it a so called #1.

Could he be one of the go to Wr's? Sure but to say he has potential to be a #1 Wr when all he's been to this point is a very good #3 is really reaching.

19. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

you're. the validity of your post is gone.

Hartline will improve this year but that's a big reach saying he'd be a legit number one WR. He def doesn't have the skill set of jordy nelson in terms of athletic ability, route running or speed.

20. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009

hahahaha. He can do some matador training in the off-season over in Spain

21. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the WR Corp:
    1) Hartline/go-to athletic receiver, very good speed, excellent hands, intelligent, is a potential #1WR
    2) Gates/speed 4.32 used mostly last year on returns, has the ability to stretch the field in a West Coast Offense. a potential GinnJr. that can catch the ball & not be afraid to take a hit.
    3) Bess/fearless & quick, potentially a premier slot-receiver
    4) Wallace @ 6-4 & 225 lbs with excellent speed for a big man, potentially a Marshall-like threat over the middle or in traffic anywhere on the field
    the 2012 draft is ripe with WR's this year. I'd pick the BPA @ any given spot on the draft board where a WR might fall

the point I'm making
    is that we have talent & potential on the current roster @ WR. the coaches will have to earn their keep & work with what we have which is substantial. the grass is not always greener on the other side, these receivers were drafted because they demonstrated the ability & potential to play @ this level. none of them has had a fair deal with a QB since Pennington was under Center. a receiver is not a passer of the ball. think about it. how much room for improvement through coaching & a reasonable QB lies within this present group?

22. Ozzy

You just don't get it do you? Let me make it a little clearer for you. When you call a certain part of a fanbase morons/stupid/idiots, which you've done since the day you joined here, you making yourself look like one by the way you type. I clearly stated, I was in no position to be the grammer police. It was a nice way to tell you to stfu and especially when the only thing you've done is ACT like you know it all.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  23. Ozzy

I'm really laughing at the thought that the current Wr corps are some sort of strength and especially laughing at the thought of Hartline being a #1 Wr. Potential? Where? Bess is the only Wr on the team with a set position and he is the only one that has proven to be really good at it. Hartline is an ok Wr but he is not the one I want my team relying on to be the go to guy.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  24. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Ozzy

1) I'm not laughing about any of this & fail to see the humor in berating/degrading our WR Corp (or in general terms our team). I have presented a legitimate case in the Receivers' behalf. you are not obliged to agree with it but certainly not obligated to ridicule an honest statement that has been presented in an informative way.
    2) I may be guilty of trying to see the better end to the reality we face in 2012, but than I am a fan & the side I choose is as legitimate as anything negative you can offer. it is simply too early to begin the assault, nothing will really be known about this team until around game four of the regular season.
    3) as I have stated many times before, I believe this year will be all about coaching, we have sufficient talent on board to compete if the team is coached & prepared well in the pre-season. what we do need is to begin developing the Franchise QB of the future now, Tannehill @ 8 is the best option. got to roll the dice sometime or we'll never see a Superbowl again.
    4) the grass is not always greener on the other side. there is tremendous parity in the NFL today & I seriously doubt we will find the difference-maker to ride to the SuperBowl in this year's draft.
    5) I don't like excuses for losing. I believe we should stay collectively positive & allow the new coaching cadre to do their work. they are the only possible difference-makers in this game for 2012. at best, the draft is always a 50/50 proposition. it can go either way, there are no ProvenBulls @ that level, only prospects.

looking forward to an interesting & productive year with Philbin & Co.
    & yes I know he has never been a head coach before signing on with Miami.

25. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    fail to see the humor in berating/degrading

to whom it may concern:
    1) I'm not laughing about any of this & fail to see the humor in berating/degrading our WR Corp (or in general terms our team). I have already presented a legitimate case in the Receivers' behalf & for the rest of the offense in detail. no one is obliged to agree with it but certainly not obligated to ridicule an honest statement that has been presented in an informative way.
    2) I may be guilty of trying to see the better end to the reality we face in 2012, but than I am a fan & the side I choose is as legitimate as anything negative you can offer. it is simply too early to begin the assault, nothing will really be known about this team until around game four of the regular season.
    3) as I have stated many times before, I believe this year will be all about coaching, we have sufficient talent on board to compete if the team is coached & prepared well in the pre-season. what we do need is to begin developing the Franchise QB of the future now, Tannehill @ 8 is the best option. got to roll the dice sometime or we'll never see a Superbowl again.
    4) the grass is not always greener on the other side. there is tremendous parity in the NFL today & I seriously doubt we will find the difference-maker to ride to the SuperBowl in this year's draft.
    5) I don't like excuses for losing. I believe we should stay collectively positive & allow the new coaching cadre to do their work. they are the only possible difference-makers in this game for 2012. at best, the draft is always a 50/50 proposition. it can go either way, there are no ProvenBulls @ that level, only prospects.

looking forward to an interesting & productive year with Philbin & Co.
    & yes I know he has never been a head coach before signing on with Miami.

hammer and mullingan like this.
  26. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    White Lightning and Black Ninja approve.

27. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

Don't forget Lil' Beast

28. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Someone DOESN'T have a case of the Mondays..

SICK likes this.
  29. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Lol. The only case you have for our WRs are that the coaching is going to dramatically improve them. To bank on that is dumb IMO.

30. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    just because you put things in a list format and know the names of all our wrs doesnt mean you opinion is even close to valid. we have one of the bottom WR corps in the league. maybe the jags and rams are worse.

Adam Strange likes this.
  31. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

and then you tell the orginal poster everything he is saying is wrong so you agree with me....

btw, did your last post really need a whole new thread? what is wrong with you?

32. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    It's a game. None of the players read this. They are professionals making 100's of K a yr and most will clear over a million in 2-3 yrs. Making fun of them is the least of their worries & should be the least of ours. They're as fair game as the Lindsey Lohan's of the world.

33. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    I can see why people mock our WR corps. What team would trade its corps for ours?

34. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The idea that this team is set other than QB is absurdly funny. They won a few games with nothing to lose, nothing on the line, at the end of the season and still finished 6-10.

They have a major Q-mark and weakness at R-OT; No #1 WR (even a questionable #2; only the #3 slot - Bess - is a solid option). Clay is solid as an HB/pass-receiving TE but not a blocker. They could use an upgrade at . RB is solid if there are no injuries. OG is not great but mediocre.

So - offensively, the needs are: QB; RT; WR; and some competitive needs at OG and TE.

Defensively: serious needs for another pass-rusher at DE/OLB; A safety (or two); hopefully the CB they picked up will be competitive and they won't need anything there but the CBs were average this past year. Otherwise, they seem pretty solid but not spectacular. Overall, the D was very mediocre. Solid on points allowed, top 10, but they were 16th in total D; 15th in INT's (middling); and 30th in FF's. And in terms of takeaways per/game, the Dolphins were 24th. Which means, they need upgrades. Those rankings aren't going to get you to the SB even with a decent offense. The top 5 teams in forced turnovers were playoff teams and two of them made the SB. The 49ers were probably the best team (finished #1) if not for a substitute PR who destroyed their championship game.

This team is anything but "set" - regardless of the QB position though that's big. But, there are a slew of teams that could say that.

35. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It's certainly not a matter of rerating or belittling anyone. Some us fail to see your opinion. You haven't stated a very good case to instill any positiveness that we have a mediocre to poor WR corps. We have a legit #3, a potential #2 and some backups...that's it...

For those not agreeing with you doesn't mean they are demeaning you...it's a simple disagreement of the facts...

36. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I am not as down on our WRs as most. I think that Philbin has a vision for what he wants out of that group and its different that what many other teams want and what most fans are used to. I think that if you had asked most fans what they thought of GB's group a couple of seasons ago they would not have made many top 10 lists and quite a few bottom 10 lists. Here's a quote from Philbin regarding the GB WRs back in 2009:

"I'm not sitting here saying we've got five all-world receivers," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "There's some talent. I think there's five guys that at least played in some games and made some contributions."

That's hardly high praise and I expect we'll hear a similar quote about the Miami WRs in a a couple of months (except that we'll probably have 3 vets and 2 rooks). Two years later GB is talked about as one of the best in the league despite having no true #1 WR. He used a group of interchangeable #2s. I expect that Philbin is trying to replicate that here. IMO Hartline's skill set is very similar to what Philbin had in GB and that he . I don't think it's an coincidence that they're extending him. I know many here see Hartline as a low end #2, I just don't think Philbin agrees with that assessment. I also think that it's likely Philbin sees Bess as potentially a very productive wideout. I believe that in the right system Bess can be as productive as Welker is in NE. I don't expect that Philbin is looking for Bess to be a 100 reception guy, but I do think he reasonably sees Bess as a 70 reception WR. I also like what I see in Gates. I think he can be that 'stretch the field' element for us. IMO this draft is a very deep WR draft. There aren't a ton of #1s but there are multiple guys that fit what I think Philbin wants in a WR (especially in 3rd and 4th round range). I understand that fans want guys that are "proven", I just don't believe that exists when you move players into new systems. I'm an evaluator and I project what players will be in new systems. I can see why many will consider the WR corp poor. I'll wait to see what we have before the season, but IMO we are in a good spot to develop this WR group into something as effective as what GB's has become.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  37. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I hope they keep making an embarrassment of themselves, and lose every game until the GM is gone.

38. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    You have every right to be optimistic about our receivers and as much right as other people who denigrate our receiving corp. Your view should be respected as just that, your opinion of which you are entitled. This site wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if everyone followed one side just for the sake of sharing same opinions. I am not thrilled about our receiving corp and I know we are probably a receiver or two away from a good group. We still don't know what Clyde Gates adds to the offense but if he blossoms into a good receiver then he adds another dimension to our offense. I still think we need a tall athletic receiver to add as a red zone threat and an over the middle weapon, one who can out jump and out fight defensive backs for the ball and make crucial catches.
    In my opinion some people have their opinions and judgement shaded because of their contempt for Ireland and or Ross and wont be satisfied until we start to win or one or both of them are gone. I still want us to win and for any and all of our players to succeed irregardless of who drafted them or where they came from. After all we are all Dolphin fans first and foremost aren't we no matter what, that is unless there are Trolls among us who just want us to fail no matter what.

39. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Good. Because I believe you'd get your *** kicked saying something like that.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  40. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Bro!!! You gonna upset Bulldog.