1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a great win!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    It was huge. At home against the # blah blah run defense or # blah blah offense. The guys on the O line really did their jobs blocking and getting to the second level. That can't be stressed enough. Guys were double teaming then sliding off and getting to the backers.

This team kind of plays like a young team. Maybe taking on the personality of Gase. They are fiery but make stupid mistakes. So many of those penalties, especially on the last drive were just STUPID, ROOKIE mistakes. All the trash talking and jawing on one hand shows a fire in the belly, but it really starts to get out of control. That game didn't need to be as close as it was. I think the Dolphins had a little bit of a "soft" label as both the Bills and Steelers really tried to dominate them and push them around. Many times previously I said to myself "Self, they need to be more physical". I guess its a fine line between fired up emotions and unsportsmanlike penalties.

And since when is spinning the ball taunting? I mean really, are you serious with this c r a p.

dolphin25 and xphinfanx like this.
  2. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I remember convincing wins against the Texans and Titans last year had people "hoping".

I think these two wins show a more sustainable culture change for the team. It all hinges on the O-Line staying healthy but with the remaining schedule, I can see the Phins stringing a few wins together for sure.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, Miami is getting lit up lately with questionable flags. James and Jones both got BS calls for "throwing guys off the pile" which was bogus. Landry spinning the ball, that's just a lame call.

But seriously, there are so many dumb ones, especially on defense. It's getting to become a thing.

dolphin25 likes this.
  4. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    A lof of dumb mistakes that need to be fixed. It is nice to see this time play with a little edge to them. Complete opposite than we've seen the last few years under Philbin.