1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Harleydude666 No Spin.............

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Harleydude666, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Harleydude666

Harleydude666 Active Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Review of the game. Tannehill Tannehill Tannehill. I think we're all on the same page now??? Dreadful in the first half even when he had time to throw. He doesn't take chances down field, only when someone is wide open like Stills was, does not release the ball and ZERO footwork in the pocket. I really thought Gase was gonna help Ryan improve his footwork. Secondly, I'll admit the Oline hung Thill out to dry but again, use your feet. That pick was the worst interception I've seen Ryan throw, no excuse. There is no reason for us to have to Thill QB this team again. As I said in other threads it's his last year in Miami.

Oline. Except for Tunsil the rest of the line needs to be lined up, blindfolded, given a cigarette and then put down like rabid dogs. These guys get no push and now they're sacking their own QB. Not an ounce of meanness, bring back Incognito.

WRs, eh, not much to judge tonight except for a few drops.
    We're in a good place with Howard. Lippet had some good coverage at times but was horrendous the rest of the night, and that missed tackle???? Good God! Who thought it was a good idea to draft a WR and play him at CB???
    Not gonna complain about the rest of the secondary because the DL didn't get pressure. which brings me to the DL. Williams, Suh and Cameron and this is what we're producing? Or I should say not producing. I would see if there any takers for Suh to be honest. I'm not blaming too much on Suh here but to pay that much money for him and to have this weak defense is ludicrous. Time to say goodbye to Williams and Wake and get younger.

But here's our issue and it's not a secret, we need a CB, maybe another safety, 3 LBs, a whole new DL with bookend pass rushers and.......a QB. Not gonna get fixed with one off-season especially with this Grier slug scouting the talent. Right now no end of the tunnel in sight.
    The funny thing is as bad as our defense is they kept us in the game tonight.

Gase, whew, now I didn't expect miracles but his play calling is so uninspiring especially in some third down situations. I really expected some challenging play calling. And stop this running back by committee, Ajayi had two nice runs in a row, showed good vision and bashed his way through, I felt we should of stayed with him for a while and instead we got Pead. I know Gase isn't responsible for the talent but he's got to be consistent with a RB and let him get some rhythm going.

I don't know, we always see a team every year improve from 4 wins to 10 or 11 wins the following year, ain't gonna happen with the Fins, that much I know. I'm not getting any younger.

by the way, we don't need a punter!

2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Gase coached badly.
    RT played badly.
    O-Line played badly.
    DL played horrible.
    LB'ers played horrible.
    DB's played horrible.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

This team, for the most part, would be a playoff team if they had been playing together, under the same coach, for at least a few years.

I can agree that we need some LB'er and DB help. BUt if Gase is allowed to stay around, with the majority of theses players, I think we'd have a really good team in the very near future.

Shane Falco and adamprez2003 like this.
  3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Worst part is we seem to have more holes each year. Hardly worth pointing them out anymore.

DolphinGreg and Fin-O like this.
  4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    these types of games are really what you need to expect the first month of a new coaching regime. By switching the oline around we destroyed the chemistry of the offense. Tannehill sucked today but so did everybody else. Gase should have had more rolling pocket plays to cheat for the oline but instead we played into a cincy defense that was able to get pressure without blitzing and having seven and eight men in coverage every pass. Today was a day where everybody not named Ajayi, Reshad Jones and Darr sucked for large portions of the game. You're not going to win alot of games when those are your MVPs

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Gase has been a major disappointment.

6. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    I also think Gase should take away audible responsibilities from Tannehill. Defenses know he usually checks into a run. The Bengals were calling out all of his audibles.

7. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    not happening. Gase said last week Tannehill audibled a great game and bailed Gase out of some bad play calls

8. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    The overall culture of this organization is a fkin joke. We can't find a QB, sign an effective FA, anything. We are a disaster with NO light at the end of the tunnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coral Reefer likes this.
  9. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good points! Gase gets 3 years for me. He has to build his vision. That said we need to do whatever we can and get Paxton Lynchto Miami. We need to clean house on suspect players and big money busts. Again we're into week 4 and we're already out of contention for this year. After the by Gase has to start seeing what we got in rookies. We need to see what options we have at QB as well. RYan can't handle controlling the offense he looks like a rookie or mark Sanchez dare I say..

10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    he's learning. i think he may have to give up playcalling next year though

11. jeremy2020

jeremy2020 Active Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Yea, look at Todd Bowles last year with the Jets or Doug Pederson in Philly. The Giants also look absolutely lost with Ben McAdoo

12. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    Then he's a moron. Bengals knew almost all of his calls.

13. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Giants have played Saints, Cowboys and Redskins (3-6 combined) eagles have played browns, bears and steelers (2-7 combined) dolphins have played (seahawks, patriots, browns and bengals 7-6 combined)

14. olisanti

olisanti New Member

Sep 30, 2016
    If you are a player for the Dolphins how can you stay motivated when you know the QB isn't the right guy to lead you anywhere? Oh and he's also one of the highest paid players on the team. The coaches should make a tough decision and bench Ryan because that would send a strong message to the rest of the team that they will not keep playing players that don't help the team win.

Redwine4all and MAFishFan like this.
  15. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Honestly, I think Gase is hiding something.

He may not be, but in a presser, he sort of tried to wiggle himself out of what almost seemed like a Freudian slip when discussing/critiquing Tannehill. When Tannehill is brought up, he seems to not be quite as objectionable as when talking about the rest of the team.

If Gase admits to Ryan's faults, is it an admission he's not the supposed "QB whisperer"? Or does Gase truly feel Tannehill is the one? I don't know. What I do notice, though, is that he speaks a little differently when it comes to Ryan. My question is why?

DolphinGreg and adamprez2003 like this.
  16. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    havent really listened to the pressers just read the pressers. We'll see as the year goes on. for me the season has gone as predicted in terms of wins losses. I thought we would lose to the seahawks, patriots, bengals and steelers and beat the browns, titans and bills to head into the bye week 3-4. my expectations were a lot lower than most here. The second half i expected us to go 6-3. we'll see. The whole season hinges on tennessee right now. that is a must win. if we win that i'll be fine and expecting to lose to the steelers the following week. then we'll have our second must win the bills. we'll see its early in the season. see if we can get things figured out

i do think gase should let tanny know that when the wheels are coming off its ok to move around in the pocket to buy time. its ok to go off script sometimes. in games you're losing throw the tight throws. whats the worse that can happen? a pick? you're already losing.

17. jeremy2020

jeremy2020 Active Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Take away the 3 wins they have over the dolphins and it doesn't look so rosy

18. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    If Ryan Tannehill is "bailing out" the playcaller, then it may be "oh s....!" time. Tannehill is perhaps the worst second year starter in the league. He's got to be one of the worst all time 5 year starting QBs.

That INT he threw in the 4th Qtr last night looked like the INT he threw in his very first game vs the Texans. He really hasn't progressed at all.

19. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Phil Simms made such a great point about the O Line last night and it was so simple. He said basically that guys aren't working together and that is the main problem. It's the reason why New England can trot out undrafted free agents and still block successfully. They simply work together and it gets done. Juwan James was terrible, Bushrod was terrible, Billy Turner shouldn't even be on the on field. Yet again....How much of that is due to lack of talent and how much is due to the fact that they simply aren't working together?

No excuse for Tannehill last night at all...He was awful. YEAR FIVE! and we're still getting the same mixed bag of results from him. I can't defend the guy anymore at this point.

Defense balled out, gotta tip my hat to the D, I think Joseph got things turned around. He's making the most out of what he has to work with. The Donald Butler singing was a good one.

As for Gase, I like the guy.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  20. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I don't know why anyone was ever high on Adam Gase. I don't know why anyone would cling to the notion that Tannehill can be made into an even decent starting QB in the NFL.

But I do know the reason we "suck forever." We can't draft for **** beyond the 1st round.

As long as we continue to hire bums that had little to no previous success in positions of this organization of most importance, we will never, ever, build a contender. The worst part is... Stephen Ross gets it less than any owner in Dolphins history. He is absolutely clueless, and seems more interested in remodeling the stadium to host super bowls than to build a successful franchise, or, he just doesn't have a clue how. But you'd think he'd have enough money to hire some real football advisors. But he strikes me as one of those people who only hire "Yes Men." Stephen Ross is the worst thing to happen to this franchise. The **** trickles down from the top.

Serpico Jones likes this.
  21. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    I'm not going to claim that Ryan Tannehill is a great QB, and I do not think he will ever be a "stud" QB ... but he was getting pressured, hit, sacked, whacked, smacked, farted on, etc... all night. Even the great Tom Brady turns into a near-poop QB when he gets that kind of pressure .... remember how Brady looked in our finale last year? When the Pats needed to win for home field advantage in the playoffs? Yeah, he hit one big play, but the rest of the game ??? He looked similar to Ryan last night, and missed on some throws he could've/should've made. And their offensive gameplan in that game was very similar to Miami's last night, for the same reasons, worried about their oline ... run, run, run/pass.

Anyway, and again, I'm not saying Tannehill is the same as Brady, but an oline like we saw last night is a non-starter. I'm not sure anyone should expect much from any QB standing behind that oline ... that pick Ryan threw last night looked to me like he at a point in the game where he was rattled and pressing. It's not because he's a dumbbum or something. He is simply NOT a "heroic" QB. No, he is not that.

Gase and co. have to fix that oline first and foremost on offense IMO. The rest won't matter until that's locked in and stable. To me, that is the most frustrating thing about this team. It just gives no chance of winning because it's really the "legs" upon which the offense runs.

Shane Falco likes this.
  22. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I do not understand how that's not an unsportsmanlike penalty. Fart no. 2, and you're out of the game.

The rules committee is really dropping the ball on this issue.

Shane Falco and FasanoPaisano like this.
  23. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    The league itself has gone to hell in a handbasket, but that's an altogether different issue for which I'm on meds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colmax likes this.
  24. biggiesmalls3k1

biggiesmalls3k1 ZT = H.O.F. Club Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    I gotta agree, Ross is the reason we are in this position. Not only is he an absentee owner, but the people he put in charge to run the show while he's gone have experience in taking a franchise into the dumps. Why anyone in their right mind would hand the keys to Tannenbaum after the Jets dumped his *** on the curb is just beyond me. The guy turns around and does the same thing he did up there. Throwing around cash like we are one or two players away. Hey 100 Million for Suh with the worst LB corps and one of the worst secondaries in football? No problem! Extend Ryan Tannehill to big money when all he's done in almost 70 starts is be mediocre? Cant Wait!

This franchise will not start making its way out of the bottom of the barrel until Ross decides to finally sell the team, he has no football acumen and he doesn't know how to surround himself with people that have had REAL SUCCESS at this level. It is incredibly frustrating to see the same thing year after year after year after year.