1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey rookie...the Dolphins will make you a star!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolphinGreg, Aug 20, 2016.

1. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh man, did you see that play where Romo got killed!? The Dolphins didn't beat the Cowboys last night, but at least we knocked their QB out, am I right!?

Oh, you didn't see that play?

Well, maybe that's because it wasn't one play. It was when Dak Prescott connected with Dez for the big TD over the Dolphins' best corner. And it was the big play to start the 3rd quarter where he bombed it over the Dolphins second best corner. And it was his TD pass right after that. And his big scramble turned TD-run that blew up the building. And his sneak for a TD. And it was how he smiled after carving up Miami for a perfect passer rating. It all just screamed 'Hello? I'm here. You're next franchise QB is home!'

Yep. Dude scored 4 times and made it look pretty easy. Dak Prescott is now a star. At the very least, Romo has competition but more likely he's got 16 final games minus the inevitable month he's out with a shoulder/back injury.

How many times have you seen Miami play and thought to yourself...'oh, this isn't a real game. This is one of those games where we show up and solidfy the reputation of someone else. Gotcha!' Last year it was Odell Beckham on that field-long TD over the top of Miami's defense when the Giants were pinned on the goal line. Stuff like that doesn't just happen. That's the football Gods telling you something.

The stock on Alfred Morris is high right now. The stock on Morris Claiborne is high right now. The stock on Dallas winning their division is high right now.

You have to smile, right? :) Miami's just got a knack for this, lol

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    most discouraging... another 'more of the same' ordeal to endure. what to do? :deadhorse:
    personally, I'm staying in denial & looking forward to that 10/6 & post season run this year.

yes, I am an undeniable homer, but getting tired of choking on my chicken wings.

RevRick and DolphinGreg like this.
  3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    For sure.

It's all in good fun but it sure does seem like these outings are becoming a yearly thing, don't they? :)

Now we get it as early as preseason, lol.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Dak Prescott looked like a star last week. So far he is preseason Jesus.

Superself and Agua like this.
  5. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Romo's mo is getting hurt. Scout people did their homework and may have a star in Dak. We could never get that lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk