1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five Questions with Branden Albert

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Five Q's with Branden Albert.

1. How good can the offensive line can be?

Branden Albert: "We can be pretty good but we have to put the work in. We have to listen to (Offensive Line) Coach (Chris) Foerster and other coaches: (Offensive Quality Control) Coach Kup (Chris Kuper) and (Assistant Offensive Line) Coach Wash(burn). And we have to stay healthy. That's been our main problem. The big three: Ja'Wuan, C Mike (Pouncey and I). We probably played five games together in the last two years. We have to stay healthy somehow. A little bit of luck. A little bit of prayer. A little bit of extra work. Once all of us stay together healthy, I think we will be a pretty good offensive line."

2. Do you likes the depth now up front?

Albert: "We have a lot of depth. Last year showed that we didn't have (any) depth. Guys (were) forced to be put in bad situations and put in tough spots and try to make the best out of it. Some guys, at the time, were not equipped because they weren't raised to be in a different position. They were rotating through certain positions and then, all of a sudden, you need to play right tackle. Well, the whole year they didn't practice right tackle. So this year we have a lot of depth in a lot of areas (and) a lot of veteran players, so it's going to be good for us."

3. What are you thoughts on running back Jay Ajayi?

Albert: "I think he's going to hit the holes. That's his thing. He's going to hit the holes. We're going to open up the holes for him and he's going to hit it. I'm not worried about him tiptoeing through the hole. He's going to put his head down, find the hole and he's going to get through there. We need someone else to step up in the running game too and run the ball. It's our job to open up the holes and it's his job to hit them. And I believe he will."

4. Did making the Pro Bowl last season have any special meaning?

Albert: "Of course. I battled through a real bad injury, which at the age that I was at going through that injury, a lot of people would have quit. Through all of that last year and people saying this and that about me - In the media and on Instagram and Twitter - (they) always have a remark about I can't stay healthy and try to say I played half the season. I played 14 of 16 games and nobody gave me my credit coming back a week before the first game coming off an ACL, MCL and PCL injury. So of course it was gratifying. I'm happy about it but I would rather get wins and get my Pro Bowls at the same time."

5. How much of an issue is the health of the offensive line?

Albert: "I think that's been a key issue - all of us staying healthy at once. I went down. (C) Mike (Pouncey) was hurt at the beginning (of the season) two years ago. Then he came back and two games later, I get hurt. Last year, I finally come back. Mike (Pouncey), Ja'Wuan (James and I are) playing and I hurt my hamstring. Then I come back and Ja'Wuan (James) hurts his toe. Then towards the end of the season, all of us were banged up. But once we all stay healthy, we stay cohesive, and we find the right the five, I believe we could be a heck of an offensive line."

2. Don't_Be_A_Troll

Don't_Be_A_Troll Banned

Jun 29, 2016
    Good take.