1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu knee cleared

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, May 25, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Few college football players have suffered an injury as devastating to their NFL prospects as former Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, who was viewed as a first-round prospect before blowing out his knee in December of 2014 and ultimately fell all the way to the seventh round. Ekpre-Olomu hasn’t played in an NFL game yet, but he says he’s now been given a clean bill of health.
    Ekpre-Olomu told the Miami Herald that his doctor “said I’m perfectly fine.”
    The Browns waived Ekpre-Olomu this offseason, suggesting that the new regime in Cleveland doesn’t believe his knee is ever going to be perfectly fine. But he was claimed by the Dolphins on waivers and says he’s happy where he is.
    “It was something with new management; they wanted to go in a different direction,” Ekpre-Olomu said of the Browns. “And I guess I wasn’t in that direction. I’m happy I’m here.”
    If Ekpre-Olomu ever returns to the form that he showed at Oregon, the Dolphins will be happy to have him in Miami, too.

dolphin25 likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I won't believe it til I see it, but man would that be awesome, and strange..

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    With this year we may have had one of the best offseasons ever if everything works out (LOL).

Tunstill falls.
    Ekpre could be a 1st round type back.
    Wake looks like his old self.
    Kiko returns to form.
    Maxwell returns to form
    Dion gets reinstated and shows what I was hoping he would be.
    Mario Williams returns to form.
    CJ Anderson returns to form.
    Daniel Thomas returns to form.

It's a lot of hope and returning to form. But the offseason is the time for hoping.

Pandarilla likes this.
  4. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    We didn't get CJ Andersen, but we can hope Ajayi breaks out.

5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    LOL I was like WHAT!! Holy **** that would have been a great surprise! Also I have a feeling Drake and Ajayi will be a nice combo for this offense!

Drake is a seem splitter and Ajayi is a power back who will wear you down!

6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Now Finatik is bummed out, lol...

7. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Daniel Thomas returning to what form?

It would be a good off season for sure, especially if the young players work out. If the older player moves work out then the Dolphins need to use that time to bridge over to younger talent throughout the defense.

dolphin25 likes this.
  8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, Knowshon Moreno is available. He would be a better gamble than Thomas.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Unless this dude is Adrian Peterson, you're probably not getting him at his full potential. 80% of his potential is probably better than Will Davis/Jamar Taylor though.

10. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    My bad. Cj Anderson. I got caught up in all the Dolphin love and just went totally off the deep end. :lol: