1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scooby wright

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Apr 30, 2016.

1. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I am a little confused how almost done 7th Rd and nobody has drafted scooby wright?

2. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    This has been one of the weirdest drafts I can remember.

3. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Scooby just got scooped by the Brownies.

Matakevich just a couple picks ahead of that.

4. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Browns just picked him

5. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Damm it.Why the hell did we take a 5-5 wr instead of him?

6. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I guess he's just not that good.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Would have been great to have a player on our team named Scooby.

8. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    And this board calls Koa misi slow?

9. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Have you seen film of this 5'5 WR? He does things you cannot teach. We aren't the only team that passed on SW. The team that picked him was one of the team with the most picks in the draft. I love how everyone becomes not only an arm chair GM, (we all do that), but an arm chair "expert". Just because some people had Scooby mocked higher...only one of the 32 front offices who do this for a living found him worth picking. Could he surprise? Sure. But if he does, he fooled 32 of those who get paid to do this for over 6 rounds. Pure statistics tell us a 7th round pick has a very slim chance of making an impact.

10. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Strengths Possesses elite instincts. Appears to head in direction of the play like he knows the play call. Extremely active and always on the balls of his feet and ready to hunt. Plays with an insane amount of competitive fire. Flows quickly to point with downhill action and looking to disrupt. Is often able to force cutbacks or alter the running back’s track. Can time snaps and shoot gaps making him a dangerous blitzer. His 2014 season, which included 163 tackles, 29 tackles for losses, 14 sacks and six forced fumbles, is widely considered the most productive for a linebacker in college football history. Explodes with hips into tackles and finishes with his feet. Play speed is faster than timed speed thanks to combination of instincts and burst to the ball. Shows plus lateral agility with ability to engage in, shed, or beat the block.
    Weaknesses Needs to learn to harness his energy and passion to improve his body control. Will end up on the ground a little too often due to revved up motor. Average athlete with below average straight*-line speed. Plays upright. Needs more bend in his waist and knees to improve his pad level and leverage. Can improve his tackling. Will get run through at times due to leverage issues. Stiff change of direction creates arm tackling situations and missed tackles. Gets caught guessing sometimes and will vacate his run fit.
    Draft Projection Rounds 5 or 6
    Sources Tell Us "I hope he falls to us because I will do everything in my power to get him drafted. Make Zach Thomas your comp for him. They are the exact same guy." -- AFC East area scout
    NFL Comparison Zach Thomas
    Bottom Line Scooby Wright probably won’t tear up the combine with eye-popping athletic numbers and his injury-plagued 2015 season put his name on the back*burner as far as draft discussions, but his instincts, production and overall competitive fire make him one of the safer second day.

Does this sound like a guy we should have drafted with at least one of our 7th rd picks?Especially the comparison to one of the greatest linebackers in dolphins history.

11. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    My guess is that he's a liability in coverage. With the little attention we've given the LB position, the one commonality seems to be that we are bringing in players with good coverage skills.

12. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Who knows?He was worth a flier with all the picks we had.I watched this guy and the I agree with the scout he reminds me of zach.

jason8er likes this.