1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember when the draft started out so well for us...

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by tirty8, Apr 29, 2016.

1. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Yeah, that was short lived, huh?

Newmpiece likes this.
  2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    lol...Are you crying?

Two Tacos and number21 like this.
  3. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    i know right, we got a CB that can be our #2, we got a RB that pairs with ajayi and can play special teams to keep laundry fresh, and we got a #2 WR in the 3rd round.

number21 and danmarino like this.
  4. RachelD

RachelD Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Seattle WA
    It is part of a bigger picture I think of having a potent offense that is able to move the ball through the air. It wasnt going to be a huge jump in wins next year so i expect it to be a slow process, which is fine by me I just want to see improvement.

5. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Can we let the kids play first? Jeszzuz...bunch a babies.

MikeHoncho and Shane Falco like this.
  6. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The OL appears to be fixed with this draft, which will help the offense score more points and give the defense more rest. The DL of the Bills and Jets won't be dominating our games this year. Just getting the OL fixed is a win for this draft, but I think we got a solid CB too.

Not feeling the third round picks right now, but the offense is set, right? I guess next year we can concentrate on defense. This was not a one year fix, but at least it will be a fun team to watch.

7. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    7 picks for 3 players after round 1, one 2nd, three 3rds, two 4ths and a 6th, for one 2nd round pick and two 3rd round picks.

Those 3 players HAVE TO live up to the hype now, Howard has to become a legit starter, Drake has to become a dynamic 3rd down RB/returner and Carroo has to become a legit starter, or else it was a bungle.

Grier put his behind on the line with these picks, and I like that attitude, but this does have to work or it will probably cost him his job.

8. Newmpiece

Newmpiece Banned

Oct 3, 2013
    New Jersey
    The 3rd round picks boggle my mind we have parker, landry, stills Cameron sims ajayi even hazel...why would we every give up 3 picks for a receiver we don't need. We still have needs at LB, DE, S and CB. We are not making the playoffs this year with our atrocious defense and tough schedule. Way to throw away our future picks that we desperately need to build this team the right way for once

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    For a team with so many holes we should've been trading down and aquring picks to add quantity players, especially on D. Of course, we did the opposite. We need depth and we need new blood to compete with the underachievers that we've signed in the past.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dolphin25 likes this.
  10. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Only one team got a D for a draft grade so far.