1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Never Get Guys Like This

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finster, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I can't remember the last time we got a guy like this, one of those supreme talents, checks every box with an exclamation point, potential to be a generational LT, even his initials are LT for cryin out loud, well worth the risk, well worth it, I can hardly believe we got him.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    at 13, he's a steal..during the predraft process I had stanley right there with him so I stated that whoever wanted Tunsil at 1,2, or 3 that they should look to trade down and pick up more stock..however that was all relative talk, he's def outstanding value at 13.

Finster and Georgia Fin like this.
  3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    He's Richmond Webb and Jake Long put together.

This should get interesting on offense, to say the least.

Finster and Georgia Fin like this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I can't say that Tunsil will end up being better or worse, but Jake Long was highly thought of when we took him #1 in 2008. And he played really great for a few seasons, before injuries ruined him. But then again, we took him #1 overall, and paid him over 50 million over five years. Getting Tunsil and paying him about 20% of that is a win.

ripper1961, Tone_E and Agua like this.
  5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    seriously, you guys like this pick? he was injured all through college, and he has very questionable character issues, not to mention he will be under the NFL microscope for drug use.

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    His questionable character issues are mostly getting caught smoking pot as a 18-19 year old (which is pretty damn common), taking money under the table (which almost all college players do), and getting into a shoving/shouting match with his stepfather, where no one was hurt. You could say that he has a legit issue choosing who he hangs out with, but to my knowledge, he has no serious crimes on his resume.

As for his health, he seems to have come back completely healthy each time he's gotten dinged up, so right now thats not a worry. I've not read anywhere that he has any sort of condition that would be a long term red flag.

Pandarilla, Tone_E, Agua and 2 others like this.
  7. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I hope you are right, but it sounded like every year he was hurt. he certainly looked awesome on tape.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Lets not forget to include that in that tussle with the step father (who also appears to be the one who released the videos and pictures) was over an incident where Laremy says he hit the step father after he assaulted his mother.

resnor and Fin D like this.
  9. Foreboding

Foreboding Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Lucky and silly high value pick for the Phins. Hope he doesn't get too much Miami party scene.

10. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Of course we get guys like this. Jake Long!

But now they have 3 first round picks and Branden Albert (Not sure where he was drafted, doesn't matter) on this line. If they can stay healthy, it's a great line. Problem is, Albert, Pouncey and James have all had injury issues.

11. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I think there are a lot of possibilities with Tunsil, him or Albert could play LG, but you could also have BA play RT and have James play RG and put Tunsil where he's going to be at LT.

Tunsil,___, Pouncey, James, Albert.

Albert,___, Pouncey, James, Tunsil.

Albert, Tunsil, Pouncey,___, James.

Tunsil, Albert, Pouncey,___, James.

If one of the many OGs we have steps up this year, Oline could actually be a strength... wait, what? Am I actually saying those words? Weird right? Wasn't sure I'd ever get to that again.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    well, that ankle injury is a red flag, im not sure how he plays with it, I wonder if he has steel rods in there.

13. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    The pick makes our trade down look even better. We got two solid players and arguably the best guy in the draft, to move from 8 to 13