1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irony

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    To give up a second and third round pick for Conky by the Titans is madness.

Eli Apple at #10 for the Giants is a Ted Ginn-like move.

Karl Joseph at 14?

The first wide receiver taken is a guy who can't even run a route tree? Corey Coleman from Baylor.

Keanu Neal at 17 for the Falcons?

Artie Burns at 25 for the Steelers?

Another trade up into the first round for Joshua Garnett!?!

The irony is that with all these head scratching moves, the one that doesn't make you wonder what they were smoking is the guy wearing a gas mask bong...Weird, right?

Puka-head, Finster, dgfred and 5 others like this.
  2. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    artie burns at 25 isn't a bad pick. he had **** coaching at UM prevented him from being a top 5 pick.

3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Touche', muskrat21, touche...

4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Genius, this goes on my Mount Rushmore of Dolphin related sentences, bravo dude, braaavo!

[​IMG]

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    disagree with you on Joseph and Coleman..kids are gonna be good...thats all the matters in the first round.

6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Dudes, I just watched a bunch of Tunsil youtubes. This guy is like Joe Thomas good.

It's just now hitting me that our oline is fixed in the best possible way.

Albert Tunsil Pouncey Bushrod James

and we have decent depth...

and we got him cheap at 13...

Waited so long for a line to be built.

Look out NFL, Miami has an offensive line again.

7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Hope these clowns aren't foolish enough to try and say it was the plan all along. They had to be about to **** themselves once he slid to 13.

resnor and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  8. EverFin

EverFin Active Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland

Dolphins Oline a strength? Must be a fairy tale. If I watch what talent is there in the second round, this could be a Draft to remember for our Fins!

9. argos31

argos31 Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Don't forget the Seahawks RT they picked from A&M can't actually play football

10. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    That's a hell of a name.

11. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Eli Apple will be just fine.

dolphin25 likes this.
  12. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I think the only question about Tunsil is will he start out at T or G? Albert has played G in college and the NFL

13. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I think the question is can he stay out of trouble. no doubt he is a great talent.

Agua likes this.
  14. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Hate this pick. Nothing against Tunsil nor do I have any doubt that we are fortunate that he fell to us. We didn't have a need at OT. Meanwhile we have huge holes on Defense where we needed an impact player, much bigger than OT. I wanted some serious help on D and to take Henry in the 2nd. Now if we take Henry in the 2nd we are screwed. I have no faith in this organization to fix all the defensive problems on this team with 3rd round and later picks. And unless they are planning to kick Albert inside or start Tunsil at guard I don't know how this really helps our Oline.

I think I'm the only one who hates this pick.

dolphin25 likes this.
  15. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I think you're evaluating based on need when Tunsil was clearly a BPA pick.

Having a good OL that can run the ball and eat clock can help the D just as much as adding a player on that side if the ball IMO.

16. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    It would have been bad if they past him at 13. This move should shore up a big question in O line problems so we can check that as done now and be aggressive elsewhere.

17. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Dude, you don't draft for short term hole-filling. You gotta look long term and for value. Once Branden Albert falls apart, we got both tackle positions set!

Finster and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  18. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Yes I am evaluating based on need. I don't feel with all the holes we have on Defense that we can afford the luxury of doing the right thing and drafting BPA. And I still don't see yet how this fixes the real problem on the line at guard.

I am sure I am wrong, my problem is I have ZERO faith in this team to get it right. IF they take another offensive player in the 2nd round I swear to God I will lose my mind.

19. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    So, then the plan is for the secondary to give up more than 31 TD's next year. OK.

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    WADR, our gnashing of teeth over the corner spots is getting blown a little out of proportion.

Byron Maxwell is clearly better than any CB we had last year, including Grimes (Grimes has played badly for a year and half now). Ifo is actually a pretty big deal. He has all the talent of anyone we could draft now, he only fell because of a bad injury he'll be done with real soon. McCain was rated very highly in the slot last year. As it stands our safety tandem is one of the BEST in the league with Jones and IQ.

I'm not saying we don't need more secondary players at all, but acting like its this epic black hole of talent is wrong. (Bolding this ahead of time for the inevitable posts by the usual suspects telling me I'm stupid for saying we don't need more talent in the secondary)

We need LBs. We need DEs. We needed oline help. We could use some secondary.

21. Coloradotrv

Coloradotrv Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Tunsil is an OL that can be plugged in at virtually any position on the line. Albert played OG in college. There will be swapping on the line to get the best 5 in their best spots, but you can guarantee that Tunsil will be a day 1 starter.

I think you are right that we have a ton of holes on defense to fill, but luckily for us a lot of top defensive players will be available early in the 2nd round. If the #1 rated non QB in the draft slides to you at #13 you have to take him. The 11 teams in front of us that didn't need QB's should have taken him. Too much value to pass up there.

Now if they go OG in the 2nd round, I will also be pissed. They have to get an impact player on the other side of the ball with the 2nd pick.

resnor likes this.
  22. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Let me talk you off the bridge. He was my 2nd best player available in the draft. He will come in an play guard and instantly make our offensive line better. Then ask yourself a few questions. How long does Brandon Albert have left? At what point is Tunsil better than Albert? in 2017, does this give us flexibility with Albert's contract?

Remember, at the end of the season last year, our franchise quarterback was pissing blood, and we just lost Miller.

Finally, and most importantly, think about this. Tunsil is an elite talent, but the corners in general were mediocre this year.

23. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    they assume one of the other 2 tackles will slide in side. I know Albert was against this when the Chiefs asked him to do it years ago. So basically we drafted a guard with the 13th pick as of now.

24. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Still some good OL in the draft... a couple of possible starters right away and plenty of depth.

Stay tuned.

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol, you're the worst.

You ***** and ***** and ***** about how we wasted our pick on a guard (even though he'll likely only play it this year or until Albert goes down again).....but you want to take Ragland in the 2nd who is a 2 down player.

I mean its fine if you want Ragland, but to act like we wasted our 1st on the LT heir who will play guard until its his time but fail to see the hypocrisy in wanting a 2 down player in the second.....is just too much to comprehend.

26. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    It seems strange to suggest offensive line, specifically LT, isn't a need for the Miami dolphins.

1. Brandon Albert is always hurt. Check his history. He's frequently missed games throughout his career. This was my biggest complaint when we signed him. Since signing him, Albert has yet to play a full season in Miami. And he's not exactly young anymore... And he's a future cap casualty.

2. Albert refused to kick inside at KC because he was nearing the end of contract and wanted LT money, not LG money. At this point, he's gotten the last big pay day he's ever going to get. Don't see why he wouldn't be open minded to moving to G, again.

3. James, while often cited as a 1st round pick, has never played up to the ability in his two seasons in Miami. He's been pretty disappointing, actually. To claim he's a "sure thing" at this point, isn't based on actual tape. I still have hope for him and I haven't given up on him, but let's not put him in the win column.

4. Tunsil brings some flexibility to the offensive line with his ability to play both tackle positions and possibly kick inside at G. In addition, he brings all pro potential too...

This was a phenomenal pick by Miami. We had no business sniffing this caliber of prospect at 13. We had no business sniffing this caliber of prospect at 8, had we stayed home and didn't make the trade for Kiko and Maxwell. Maxwell, Kiko, and Tunsil for pick 13... That might just be the biggest coup in Miami Dolphins history. Love it. About time something great happened to this organization.

Puka-head and dgfred like this.
  27. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    This is what's really messed up. We could really clean up in the second or third even the fourth round with one of these guard prospects. But the cognitive dissonance backlash by the media and fans...I mean, did you read that whiny Greg Cote article where he basically hate phucks his readers because if we don't draft a cornerback we're doomed? Effing nonsense!

dgfred likes this.
  28. darefugee

darefugee Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Give it time. With good fortune, by the end of the season the other 31 teams will hate this pick too.

Finster and xphinfanx like this.
  29. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    You'd hope. Provided James doesn't continue to have problems with that foot.

30. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    You want some irony panda? It took a while to decide on a jersey yesterday. 54 cuz I really want one of the top three LBs? 29 cuz we need a stud corner? 99 for the dine? Or maybe, just maybe a Run Ricky Run? Nope says I we are going with 13. But wait say you, we don't need a QB, at least not a first rounder!!?

No I picked 13 because we were picking 13th. And I was really hoping one of the top guys fell to us because of some BS like a college boy smoking dope.

Perfect choice as it turned out.

54 on today and tomorrow. And no I'm not going to wear a dirty shirt, I've got three.

31. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    well done, sir, well done.