1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browns trade their #2 overall to Eagles

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Vertical Limit, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Eagles gave them two firsts and three first rounders. RG3 can be seen smiling somewhere as he just suckered another franchise about his abilities.

2. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Its too bad the Browns have no idea what the **** do with draft picks

3. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    So the Eagles make two trades to get a meh QB?

4. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    So the Eagles off season has gone as follows:

1. Sign Sam Bradford to a contract extension worth $35 million over 2 years, with £22 million guaranteed.

2. Sign Chase Daniel to a contract worth $21 million over 3 years, with $12 million guaranteed.

3. Trade up to second overall and draft the second quarterback off the board.

Great plan! :huh:

5. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dont forget trade two players to move up to 8 to begin with.

6. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Indeed, but that trade did help them clear a "bad" contract off the books in Malcolm Jenkins. Same with the DeMarco Murray trade, they got rid of another "bad" contract with their trade with the Titans. So after what have been deemed smart moves, it is somewhat odd that they invested this much money in two quarterbacks only to trade up for the second pick and likely draft another quarterback.

7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I would imagine that the Browns are hoping that Lynch falls to them at 8. Either way, its a great get. Too bad these kinds of trades weren't available when we were picking #2 in 2005 or #1 in 2008.

I am a lot more optimistic now that Elliot may fall to us at 13.

8. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    In hindsight Aaron Rodgers was available when we were on the clock in 2005, and one could argue we should have drafted Matt Ryan first overall in 2008. Either one of those quarterbacks would have given us a franchise quarterback, though it would have been interesting to see how Rodgers would have faired being thrown straight in, and how both quarterbacks would have reacted to being the quarterback here.

As for our picks in those years, I am still not sure why we drafted Ronnie Brown second overall, but Jake Long was a good draft pick because he became a very good left tackle for us, that sadly got bit by the injury bug. Without those injuries he would still be one of the better left tackle in the league. But it would have been nice to get a King's ransom of draft picks.

I am still not optimistic about Elliot falling to us, and it wouldn't surprise me now if the Browns draft Elliot at #8 because he would give their offense a legitimate every down running back. They might still have memories of Trent Richardson going high in the first round, but Elliot is a different type and calibre of running back. Drafting him would give them a legitimate starting running back, Crowell as a change of pace, and Johnson as their pass catching Sproles type back. Granted they will need to boost their receiving core but that could happen on day two, likewise they could either trade back into the first round for a quarterback or wait until day two if there's a prospect they prefer then, and use the remaining picks to fill out their roster. Overall, I think the Browns have made a very sensible trade and if they draft Elliot that could be a good start for them, but a receiver or defensive play maker could be alternatives. But for us I think we are still in the same position hoping that the likes of the Cowboys, Browns and Giants pass on Elliot.

9. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    We should offer the 13th pick and Maxwell to move up to 8... :shifty: