1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Redwine4all, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I have been reading here for a couple of seasons...this year I am actually going to post. Here is my first substantive post, in my mock draft.

My mock is us trading down with Denver, who needs a franchise QB (Paxton Lynch), and they have to move in front of the Rams to get it.

I have them exchanging their first, second, and third rounders with us for that pick. They come out a bit ahead on the draft chart, but I think this makes sense for both teams. We need the picks, they need a franchise QB, and a 2nd and 3rd round pick is relatively cheap, considering.

Rd 1, Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
    Rd 2, Shalique Calhoun, DE, MSU
    Rd 2, Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford
    Rd 3, Joshua Perry, MLB, OSU
    Rd 3, Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas
    Rd 4 Joe Shoebert, OLB, Wisconsin
    Rd 5 Sean Davis, CB, Maryland
    Rd 6 Jakeem Grant, WR, Texas Tech
    Rd 7, flyer pick, DB
    Rd 7, flyer pick, DB

I didn't go CB early because I think with the trade for Maxwell, the development of McCain, the potential of Lippett, and the gamble on Ifo Ekpre Olomu...adding a potential players later with a better defensive game plan, hopefully will be sufficient.

Adding Derrick Henry makes the offense better...hes a pounder who can make you pay for lazy effort. With Ajayi, its a good tandem of two big backs.

Adding Calhoun, playing behind Mario Williams gives us a solid development plan, who along with Terence Fede can give us quality minutes and get after the QB.

I think this approach helps solve the interior Oline issues (move Billy Turner back to T, get Dallas Thomas off the team). Keep Jamil Douglas and these two rookies as the OGs...it could be a very good Oline.

It also gives us two outstanding LB candidates. I think Perry is solid in the middle and Shoebert was outstanding at Wisconsin.

If anyone has seen Jakeem Grant with the football in his hands, he's a beast. I think he's better than Roscoe Parrish.

Anyway...I know I am a rank amateur. I know this probably isn't the PERFECT draft. But its my stab at it. Hell, if I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be doing it here! ;-)

2. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Lol.....pretty nice stab at it....I sure don't know what I am doing either, but I do ok with my eyes test. I just started trying to learn how to properly watch and diagnose film this year....only way I can do it so far is slow motion. You ought to really check out club level....it is awesome, and the player breakdowns in Club are done by some real knowledgeable guys that know scouting. Also, the inside information we get in there is phenomenal. The only big rule in Club Level is, whatever you read in Club, stays in Club.....very important rule to follow...Thanks again for your post.

3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I'm all in on Jakeem Grant. Wouldn't mind taking him as early as 4th round either.

Henry would be awesome, as well.

I'd be happy with just those guards to be honest.

4. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Derek Henry no thanks in the first round. He runs up right way too much