1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will #StrongerTogether Ever Die?

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by MonstBlitz, Apr 11, 2016.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Facebook page was littered with awful motivational fluff today still plastered with the terrible tagline the Dolphins use to headline their horrible social media presence, "#StrongerTogether". Why are we still being subjected to this garbage? This would be like if players were still talking about "feeding wolves" after Sparano was fired. Enough is enough already. The fact that someone in the media department thinks this is still inspiring or meaningful shows just how terribly this team is being run from top to bottom. This tagline should have been flushed with the rest of the Philbin garbage. The fact that it's still being used is a complete embarrassment. It's getting harder and harder to cheer for this team with **** like this. I'm sure I'll be accused of going overboard here, but am I the only one who gets douche chills every time I read "#StrongerTogether"?

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You're not alone. I tweeted to Garfinkel today that it was a Philbin line; he's gone. And Miami hasn't won since it started. Time for a change.

MonstBlitz and Fin4Ever like this.
  3. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Agree

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    while I agree the team should move to a new slogan, I don't think it's worth getting worked up for and certainly shouldn't affect how I perceive the team or its management. It's still early in the offseason, if they were using the same slogan during training camp, then it would be more annoying

Agua likes this.
  5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I see no problem with the slogan.

Agua likes this.
  6. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I don't even think the team should have a "slogan". Fans don't need or want this fluff motivational poster bull****. This line was born out of Philbin's biggest embarrassment, which was bullygate. It never helped Philbin get the team or the locker room back and it certainly isn't helping fans feel any better about this team and the state it's in. And people can say I'm too worked up over it, but every time I see it it just reminds me how inept and stupid this team is at every level including the social media department. Stuff like this is making me hate the team I love.

But forget about what I think. Do any of you really think the players aren't sick of having this Philbin bull**** shoved down their throats? The message meant nothing from Philbin and they can't want to still be hearing it now that he's gone.

Fans and players deserve better.

Agua likes this.
  7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You assume that #StrongerTogether is a Philbin thing. It's probably something that marketing cooked up. And that's fine with me.

But that's just my opinion.

GridIronKing34 and Agua like this.
  8. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I think it's awful regardless of whose line it is. It's trash and it comes off empty and hollow based on the performance of the franchise. I haven't seen anything this stupid since "No Fear" T shirts.

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    mole hill - meet mountain.

using slogans is fairly common practice in sports. You're making a big deal out of nothing IMO.

cuchulainn likes this.
  10. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    How many players are following the Dolphins Facebook page???

11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    It could be worse. Remember Sparano's "win the crowd" speech? Where he referenced "Gladiator", only he wasn't "winning" anything, he was pleading for fan support. Which was antithetical to the whole meaning of the quote.

#scauses

dolfan7171 and MonstBlitz like this.
  12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It actually was a line from Philbin. I do remember a video of him saying it they used on the Finsiders and on their Desktop video thing.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  13. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    You don't think they have this **** plastered all over the Dolphin facilities? I'm sure the players see plenty of it and I'm sure they are fed up. I forget the article, but when Campbell took over they said he ripped a lot of this **** down because he identified it as what it actually was. Useless cheap motivational poster style fluff and not the stuff that motivates athletes. Too bad he couldn't break every finger on the nerd who posts this crap to social media.

14. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, and fans here ate it up. I remember hating it. I absolutely hate the idea of these bull**** slogans birthed out of nothing. Win ****ing games first and then talk about being a gladiator. But I guess that's the mentality fans have these days. Look how many people on this board try and give a player a stupid nickname before they even play a down.

15. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Another disappointing season and regime change outta do it

16. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Sorry for bumping and old thread and getting a little political in the rant forum; BUT...

In all the discussion of "How in the hell did Clinton lose this election?" Nobody has mentioned what an epic misstep it was for her campaign to borrow the "Stronger Together" slogan from the Miami Dolphins. I think this proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that it's a loser slogan. Poor Hillary. She could have been warned if she read this thread!

And look! Miami is winning again since they got rid of it!