1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just an FYI---LG cell phones suck and so does their customer service

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rick 1966, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    A few months ago, I bought an LG G4 for Sprint and immediately put it in a case. After a drop from below waist height, it developed a very small crack in the corner of the screen shield. I ignored this as it didn't affect the phone's operation at all and I didn't feel like paying to have it fixed.
    A few months later, my phone developed the known "boot loop" fault that has plagued the G4 so I sent it into LG for the warranty service.
    LG informed me that they would not repair the manufacturer defect that caused the boot loop unless I paid them $156 to replace the screen shield as well. I said I didn't care about the tiny crack, but they insisted it's their policy and no one will budge on it.
    So, if you've been shopping for a cell phone and looked at an LG, I would avoid it. I know I'll never buy any of their crap again.

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    working with cell phones for the last 10 years, I can tell you its almost a guarantee any manufacturer would say the same thing because of the crack on the screen. Regardless of how big or small, its physical damage and the manufacturer will almost always say its in boot loop mode possible because of the screen damage and that the screen damage voids any warranty. I might try and get the screen fixed first and then try and get a warranty replacement.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, they admit the boot loop is a factory defect that has nothing to do with the crack. They just say it's their policy.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Hmm, well that just sucks that the phone happened to be cracked then. Bummer. I have an LG tablet and have had a few LG Android phones (as well as flip phones back in the day) and never had an issue.

Maybe try this and do the warranty claim after since 50 or 60 may be an easier pill to swallow then a buck fifty: https://www.google.com/search?q=lg+g4+screen+replacement&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Just an idea...