1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S, Karl Joseph (WVU #8)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finsbuck719, Feb 3, 2016.

1. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    This is personally my favorite prospect in this draft. Reminds me of a combination of Bob Sanders and Tyrann Mathieu. Other than his size, it's hard for me to find a weakness in his game really.

-Great instincts
    -Great ball skills
    -Big hitter and never shies away from contact whether it be the ball carrier or a blocker
    -Good open field tackler
    -Best cover safety I've scouted in this draft and that includes Jalen Ramsey

[video=youtube;7-gifgYTgJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-gifgYTgJk[/video]
    [video=youtube;906dW09TJb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906dW09TJb4[/video]
    [video=youtube;f9Uqizk34tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Uqizk34tc[/video]

He does miss an open field tackle or two in that Texas game, but it's hard to put too much blame on him in those. I posted that video as more of a look at his coverage skills. He has a few man-2-man matchups on receivers and doesn't give up anything. Plus, you'll see for the most part when he was playing zone, nothing was completed down the field on his side.

Yes, I know it's against Georgia Southern, but I haven't seen a safety in the college or NFL level dominate a game like he did in that one. Kid is an absolute playmaker and plays like he's 6'4, 230. Seen him projected 3rd-4th rounds but I wouldn't mind scooping Joseph up in the 2nd tbh to fill a safety need.

dgfred likes this.
  2. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Could we get later than 4th rd?

3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Not sure if that is the guy I saw in the senior bowl, but whoever that was would lay some wood on people. They showed highlights of him knocking people backwards that were moving full speed.

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts

Jeremiah has him going last pick of 1st rd, but if he escapes the 2nd rd (based on healthy workout, etc) I would be surprised, if not fully healthy, he could slip, but hard to imagine he slips to beyond 4th really.

No, Joseph is recovering from knee injury...thats his biggest issue as he has had several injuries to deal with over his career.

5. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    He looks awfully little.

6. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014

dgfred likes this.
  7. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Yeah, I remember seeing this guy after his freshman season and I either thought I saw him listed at 5'9, 180 or assumed he was that size lol. I can't remember for the life of me, but I did look him up the other day and saw he's listed closer to 5'11, 197. So, IDK if he just appears smaller or grew since his freshman year...regardless, the kid plays like he's much bigger.

And his knee injuries do scare me a little, but it's becoming so common in football and the NFL, I'm willing to take risks on players. Gurley had a knee injury coming out and look what he did his rookie season...1,100 yds and 10 TDs in 13 games.

dgfred likes this.
  8. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    That was Miles Killebrew. We had an interview with him there.

dolphin25 and dgfred like this.
  9. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Sounds like he is a fringe 1st rounder based on your views on him. Could be a steal in the 2nd then! I actually really like this safety class. Lots of a great talent.

dgfred likes this.
  10. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Yeah, I've seen him going anywhere between late 1st to 5th round in many mock drafts. The combine should give us a better feel for where he is projected though and I'm banking on him having a decent combine. Looks athletic as hell on tape...played LB undersized in high school and played safety, CB, in the box type LB/S at WVU. I wouldn't be pissed if we took him in the first round in all honesty. I'd rather go LB (Jack or Jaylon) but I wouldn't be opposed to taking Joseph in the first cause I have not found a CB that I'm really impressed with.

dgfred likes this.