1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ted Ginn

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Fin-O, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    If he wouldve been blessed with better hands?? Would be a HOF WR.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Cam Newton is a top 3 quarterback... Dude is ****ing elite.. I dont care if the Panthers lose the first round, Newton is among the best.

jw3102 likes this.
  3. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    In 2007 everyone, including me was upset the Dolphins took Ginn instead of Brady Quinn. In hindsight it is obvious that Quinn was vastly overrated and Ginn was the better pick between those two.

Unfortunately the Dolphins missed out on some great players by taking Ginn and the greatest of those is Revis.

When discussions on this board are about players who have been busts in the NFL, Ginn is always mentioned by several individuals. While he certainly was never a great player for the Dolphins and was probably more a below average player while in Miami.

Any player who is still being productive nine years after being drafted can not be considered a bust, IMO . Even if he isn't being productive for the team which drafted him.

Fin-O likes this.
  4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Ginn is not a bust, he just isn't a starting quality WR. He was never going to live up to his draft status. He's a great KR, very good slot receiver who can go deep. Since he's been drafted he's always been among the fastest players in the league. He's alot like that guy from the movie "The Replacements" played by Orlando Jones, the WR who's really fast but couldn't catch. Its not his fault Cameron/Mueller had no idea what they were doing. Sparano tried to make it work but Ginn was who he was. He's playing well now because for one Can Newton is having an MVP season and because Mike Shula knows how to use his players to their strengths(Mr. Ross please hire him!).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Fin-O likes this.
  5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I hated that pick from the start. There was no one he compared to. People said Steve Smith, Steve is very physical, aggressive, strong hands. Thats not Ginn.

Some said Harrison.. Harrison ran the best routes i have ever seen since Jerry Rice. Ginn did not have that ability he was very raw.

The right pick was Brady Quinn, yeah he is a bust, but you have to be drafted in an organization that has a plan for your development. The Browns didnt have that for Quinn, Cardinals didnt have that for Leinart. We probably didnt have that either but you take a chance st the guy that can turn your franchise around in a position we have been desperate at for long.

Stitches likes this.
  6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    He should have been a 3rd or 4th round pick and always used as a third WR and return man. Trying to turn him into a #1 WR was never going to happen, but that's what had to happen after drafting him so high. He's a guy who ironically could likely have had a much better career had he been drafted later and put into a different situation where he was never the focus. I was a fan of his in college, but was disgusted by the pick. HUGE reach, but a guy that can be a solid role player with the right team around him.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You lost me at Brady Quinn.

Silverphin likes this.
  8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    lol..Ginn breaks open a couple of games a season, as in dominates those games.

Of course, bust..lolz

9. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Ginn may not have been a bust but his family still aint done squat for us.

10. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Cameron was just so in over his head that he didn't know it. What a goofball.

11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Ginn never lived up to first round status, but he was also worth more than the 5th round pick old pasty legs discarded him for. I've never understood why teams feel the need to discard a player simply for not living up to draft status. Rework the contract and work with what the player can do well. Ginn was worth hanging onto simply because he was a Jet killer. **** Jeff Ireland.

Fin-O and Tone_E like this.
  12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Plus, he was one of the few playmakers the team had.

He was good at catching the deep ball. He the ball was horribly underthrown, he did such a good job of slowing down and attacking the ball at its high point. Probably the only thing he was real good at.

Would have been nice for him to be a third WR with Marshall.

13. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    He is still dropping balls like crazy... but Cam keeps going back to him and he responds nicely.
    He might not even have been playing much if K. Benjaman hadn't been injured in preseason practice.