1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by caliphinfan, Dec 1, 2015.

1. caliphinfan

caliphinfan Active Member

May 14, 2012
    What gets me pissed. I see buffalo get some guy playing qb and he starts balling. I see Denver plug a guy in and he balls. Freaking Oakland sticks a guy back there and guess what, they are balling. Colts put a 100 yr old dude as qb and they are balling. What the heck is going on? Why can't we get it together? We let all our young players leave and they start balling elsewhere. We are cursed man. Sry for the rant

Shane Falco likes this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    The key word is "plug" especially for the Denver and Buffalo cases. those teams are solid all across the board, so inserting a QB maximizes their chances for success. Same can be said for the Fitzy and the Jets. People need to realize that our team is below average at most positions.

Jt0323 likes this.
  3. caliphinfan

caliphinfan Active Member

May 14, 2012
    Ok I can agree with Denver and even the bills,but some of the other teams aren't that much more talented than ours. Even the good free agents suck once they get here.

dolphin25 likes this.
  4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Funny movie, oh wait...

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Oakland I'll give you as an anomaly, but Colts were in the AFC championship last year. We have a bad track record because we have been as far from a stable franchise as you can get and unstable franchises always reach for the free agents. I'd argue that Suh does not fit that description, so far, he's meeting my expectations.

6. JoeSaddleS

JoeSaddleS New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I think one big reason for us underachieving in a way has to be the damage philbin did to us... He literally started trading or cutting anyone who opened their mouth in the locker room or anyone who wasn't a "philbin robot" Brandon Marshall is the most aggregious case but there are several others...I know its in the past but even getting rid of karlos dansby hurt us talent wise for years to come... I'm pretty sure dansby had some ridiculously good years as soon as we traded him, something like 85tkl 4 int and 5 sacks in one year from his LB position? You can't compensate for moronically cutting or trading away talent like that in today's NFL...

7. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    It's overall team ability, especially OL, and also team culture.

Agua, adamprez2003 and MikeHoncho like this.
  8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I believe you are what your record says you are. Therefore both the Bills and the Jets are basically mediocre teams. Especially when you consider that two of their wins are against the Dolphins, who are a bad team this year.

What has been shown the past few years is that even below average QB's look like all pro candidates when they play against the Dolphins. Yet when they go up against a quality defense, we get to see that they are the below average QB we thought they were.

DolphinGreg, number21 and dolphin25 like this.
  9. JoeSaddleS

JoeSaddleS New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    After checking the numbers real quick its actually much worse than i thought with dansby.....

First year in Ari. after being cut by philbin (presumably since he was a talkative guy and was on the "player leadership council") - 125 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 4 int, 1 FF, 19 passes defended... 19....thats not a typo... Oh throw in 2 touchdowns as well.

Even in his next 1.7 years (this year included) with crappy cleveland hes put together nearly 200 tkl, 3 sacks, 4 INT, 9 PD, 1 ff and go ahead and throw in 2 more TD......

HE HAD ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS AS AN LB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL as soon as we cut him....FOR NOTHING. Just look at those ridiculous numbers...

Hes followed it up with 2 more elite level seasons of production...

You can not simply "move on" from making such terrible costly personnel decisions like him and b.marshall...it will haunt a team for years to come which it has with us...

Puka-head, DolphinGreg and dolphin25 like this.
  10. Dolphin Dundee

Dolphin Dundee Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Dansby had a pick 6 last night . I don't think any of our linebackers have a pick 6 since we cut him.Philbin sucks i hope he gets a job managing a coal mine.

dolphin25 likes this.
  11. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Because our game plan is to throw the god damn ball 58 times and run it 9 times

Agua and Shane Falco like this.
  12. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He'd **** that up too. He'd be the only guy to actually dig to the center of the Earth and truly send that place into the ground.

13. JoeSaddleS

JoeSaddleS New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Would any non-brain dead head coach really have removed our #1 best defensive player and #1 best offensive player in his first couple years being here? Who the hell does that...

Dansby in 2.7 years of LB play: 325 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 8 INT, 28 PD, 2 FF, 4 Touchdowns.

All dolphins linebackers combined 2.7 years of LB play? i dont even have to look, i guarantee the only number that is anywhere close to that level is tackles.

You simply cant recover as a team when you start giving away your absolute best players for nothing... Add b.marshall and dansby to this team the last 3 years and youre looking at 10-6 instead of 8-8

dolphin25 likes this.
  14. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Sean Smith and Vonte Davis,

15. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    um, the guy qb'ing in denver has sat on the bench learning from one of the most cerebral qb's that has lived, for the last 4 years.... it's not like some bum off the street like you make it sound. they have a stellar running game and a top 5 defense if not the highest rated defense. The colts have a team. the bills have a defense and one of the best running backs and sammy watkins. oakland has the same record as miami so idk where you going with that one. football is a team sport. if you dont have a good total team, it doesn't matter who your qb is. ask archie manning that.

16. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Miami has done this as well. After Philbin fired we were balling, last year we went on a tear as well. We do it like others but we have no sustainability. We get hot / cold that comes down to preparations, holding people accountable. Playing the best player not just who you paid the most. Look at Newengland the system they have anyone at any position can thrive. If brady went down I have no doubt they would still be in first place in our division. It's all coaching, scheme we just have no direction or coaches who have a pedigree and plan that evolves.

17. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    This was the first game Denvers run game was really effective I believe. Not that I disagree in general, but having a good QB would help these bad players aswell.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    And coaching, and scouting, preparation, and game-planning and player development.

muskrat21 likes this.
  19. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Imeister, it all starts at the top. Until Ross either sells the team or else gets a clue and hires a quality front office who knows how to build a winning organization. We can expect to see more of what we have seen the last six years under this ownership. I keep reading comments from some posters who say that everything will be better next year because the Dolphins will have a better coaching staff.

While I certainly hope that is true. There is absolutely nothing Ross has done in regards to hiring quality personnel for this organization which leads me to believe he will hire a big upgrade at the head coaching position after this season.

Unfortuntely I think he will likely hire another Philbin, who blows him away in the interview process, but has no ability to be a head coach in the NFL. I don't think Tannebuam is the right guy to be over football operations and I think Hickey should be demoted to a scout. A new head of football operations, along with a new GM should be hired as part of a complete revamping of the organization.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    true story..dansby gets up out of his seat, dansby seeks out Philbin for a test of manhood, Dansby who prides himself on very simple but important morals, goes to shake Philbins hand, and literally dead on, looks right at him so he can see if Philbin has the courage to look at a man from a troubled upbringing right in the eye.....Philbin didn't give him the time a day, got up from his seat, saw Dansby coming at him, reached his hand out, and completely looked the other way while shaking his hands

it was only a matter of time..

Itsdahumidity, JoeSaddleS and bran like this.
  21. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    that's just ****ed up.

22. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    C'mon guys, Dansby wasn't exactly lighting it up when he was here, esp. towards the end. His cap number was high (iirc) and his production was just okay. He was getting long in the tooth. Sure, he's doing well, but he's been in the league 12 years now. He did show signs of age while here. He also whiffed on a TD tackle towards the end of the game. His numbers are great. He's playing good. Doesn't mean it wasn't time for him to go when he was here.

What Philbin did is not really atypical of a new coach. Get rid of the bad seeds. Bring in your own guys. It just didn't work out for him. No biggie. Let's move on from complaining and see what this team has in store for the future. I sure as hell hope it's better than Philbin.

23. JoeSaddleS

JoeSaddleS New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Yah and the end result for our dolphins team is we lose our absolute best LB hell hes been one of the best in the NFL pretty much his entire career...for nothing....then we go and overpay for ellerbe and wheeler instead of just keeping the proven pro bowler we had..

These have to be the decisions that make us mediocre or even bad year after year. The fans can see it why can't the people who actually run the team...

24. JoeSaddleS

JoeSaddleS New Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Im sorry but getting rid of your #1 defensive player and #1 offensive player isnt removing the bad seeds, its suicide.

Who knows how much different tannehill would have looked had he a true #1receiver whos proven it year after year after year like b.marshall has...who in the hell cares if dhe says something strange or incinuating to the media after a loss.. These are men... And if you actually read up on Brandon Marshall a little more you find that he might be a bit of a drama queen but hes also donating millions of dollars to charity and is active in trying to help out people with similar problems in the community.

I just cant get over the amount of raw talent that we make a big move and pay up for, or we draft high, just to then cut them for nothing or trade for lesser value 1-2 years later .. Dansby, Marshall, v.davis, smith. There are others.. Can you tell me that all 4 of those players wouldnt be starting for us right now and be rather big upgrades? I just dont understand the decisions this FO makes its almost like we are sabotaging ourselves...

Dolphin Dundee likes this.
  25. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Yeah all throughout our Hard Knocks season I saw warning signs of philbin not being able to look people in the eye.