1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins 65-89 past decade #lostdecade.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by yoge, Nov 22, 2015.

1. yoge

yoge New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Dolphins lose 24-14, fall to 4-6, 65-89 past decade. Dolphins have topped 20 points only twice in 10 games.
    Another thing is, having a QB that has the IT factor helps winning games. Tannehill isn't a terrible QB he just doesn't have IT. Look at Dallas, lost 7 straight, enter Romo and wala, win! Again, Tannehill is not that bad.

He is better than our past QB's except Pennington and maybe Green. But being better than those other QB's and not by a big margin is not good enough to get to the playoffs. All this doesn't fall on Tannehill but still having a QB with the IT factor as you seen today vs Cowboys will get you to the playoffs every year.

Here is a list of the QB's of Christmas Past.

Jay Fiedler
    Damon Huard
    Ray Lucas
    Brian Griese
    AJ Feeley
    Sage Rosenfels
    Gus Frerotte
    Joey Harrington
    Daunte Culpepper
    Cleo Lemon
    Trent Green
    John Beck
    Chad Pennington
    Chad Henne
    Tyler Thigpen
    Matt Moore

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Man I wish we had Pennington back..

Nappy Roots likes this.
  3. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    The smart people will agree with this post

4. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    Those are some bad quarterbacks. And to think this team could have had Drew Brees. That is one reason among others this franchise has been so bad for more than a decade. They haven't been able to find a franchise quarterback. Not even close. Most of those guys are back ups after they left Miami. Culpepper major disappointment especially since it meant passing up on Brees. I think that is one reason why people kept fooling themselves with Tannehill. Many thought we finally found the guy after all these years and wanted it so bad to be true. Another bitter end to the QB search.

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I think it would be a coin flip between Tannehill and Fiedler and I never thought Fielder was anything more than an average game manager type QB.

All this list shows is that other than Pennington for one year, the Dolphins haven't been able to find a quality QB since Marino retired.

6. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    Thats one reason those teams with the great defense and Ricky Williams under performed. You can have all the other pieces in place but without the QB that still might not be enough. Like the Ravens before they got Joe Flacco. Jamaal Lewis/Ray Rice at RB and good defenses. No playoffs before Flacco.

jw3102 likes this.