1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Was Officially A.....

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Harleydude666, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Harleydude666

Harleydude666 Active Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Thill supporter. NO MORE, I've had enough.

He may be able to knock the snot out of teams like Houston but he'll never lead the team into the playoffs. He just doesn't have it in him. He's in full ****** mode tonight.

Sucks, I kept believing in him, kept thinking he'd get better with each big game, but the kid is a DUD.

gunn34 and magicap like this.
  2. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Haha...not sure he's a dud, but he's not a feature player at this point. I think he could run a successful play-action type of offense but then again, who couldn't? ;)

I think this first half tonight sums up why a lot of folks have been frustrated with Tannehill over the last few seasons. I'm sure the Pats are good but to not even be able to move the ball a little is embarrassing, I agree.

3. Dolphinzdawgg

Dolphinzdawgg Banned

Feb 22, 2015
    Coral Gables, FL
    I've tried to keep the faith too, but its waning now. I just don't see it there.....he hasn't really improved.

4. TopLoader

TopLoader Active Member

What has been successful is THill under centre the past two weeks. Can't remember a play from under centre today.

Miller had some long runs again whilst THill was under centre. That tells a tale.

I will give credit to the Pats DB's they have had some excellent coverage so far this game. Watch a replay!

Lastly I guess we won't hear from you again as I presume you'll be turning over the channel as ypu have given up on THill. He is here to stay....

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Consistency.

6. Harleydude666

Harleydude666 Active Member

Mar 17, 2014
    WRONG!!! I'm a Dolfan so I'll stick around hoping for a silver lining in all of this, but mostly I'm just glutton for punishment I guess

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    thanks for starting a thread about...so we know

8. TopLoader

TopLoader Active Member

A true Dolfan then we all are glutton for punishment each year of optimism [emoji1]

9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Unfortunately there is no fire. I just don't see it. There's no u mph, no backbone to standup take a shot in the mouth then give one of your own.

In short show me you're breathing at least. That's what annoys me the most. Say something...........hell do something.

Maybe it's because I'm ultra competitive; but having no fire has always rubbed me the wrong way. Even if you go down, go down drawing blood. Know what I mean?

gunn34 likes this.
  10. Splattoreus

Splattoreus New Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I agree here. he has flashes of brilliance here and there but then goes back into mediocrity. He reminds me of Joe Flacco(sp?). Good enough to manage a game but don't expect him to win it. Although they still have time to come back... (And I will gladly eat my words should he lead us back). IMO, he isn't a problem but he isn't a franchise qb.

11. magicap

magicap Shonuff

Jan 21, 2012
    Welcome to the club. You will get bashed but you are part of an exclusive club that is far ahead of the curb.

12. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    A dud. Lmao. Thank god you have nothing to do with this organization.

yogi superstar likes this.
  13. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Ryan Tannehill isn't really special. He's Chad Pennington (especially against stiff competition.) Can't throw the long ball. I really don't see us getting passed the Pats in the division with Tannehill at QB as long as Brady's in the league.

14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He has gotten better in some aspects of his game, but, like you, I hate that he has no fire. If a lineman would have missed a block to get Marino sacked, he would jump all in his @$$ in front of everybody. THill shows no passion.

My thought of Tannehill is this: He's a good athlete who plays QB. There have been good athletes who have had success in the NFL (Cunningham, Tarkenton, Flutie...) playing QB, but not to many of them have rings. I'd rather have a good QB with fire everyday. Brady has fire. I think that's what akes him special. He will not allow his team to fade or play bad.

15. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    It's crazy people still don't realize Tannehill often stares down targets, is not accurate passed 20 yards (usually, he makes an occasional good throw) but I'm talking throughout his Miami career, he just doesn't have consistent accuracy. And he struggles when the pressure is on.

That safety we gave up was on Tannehill 100%. That's just one of his brain farts that he often has with his poorer throws and bad decisions.

He's not a star, anybody holding out hope that he will be is dreaming. At his best he can be Joe Flacco.. or Philip Rivers. To me he's our new young Pennington because he plays almost the same way, his mechanics, and his short-comings are similar. Except Pennington had a little more clutchness in him, and Tannehill has more durability.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  16. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Wait, you use a short week road game in NEW ENGLAND to say you no longer believe in Tannehill?

You know that no team in the NFL wins that game right?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

17. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Man its just excuse after excuse for Tannehill....puke

I keep hearing Tannehill compared to Pennington. Pennington had the leadership factor, didn't stare down his receivers and anticipated much better. They aren't all that comparable.

18. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

They should run down to the QB store and grab a new one. What is your evaluation of Tannehill's leadership skills based on?

number21 likes this.
  19. yogi superstar

yogi superstar Banned

Oct 11, 2015
    Trolls don't understand that NE is 48-4 at Gillette.

20. yogi superstar

yogi superstar Banned

Oct 11, 2015
    Madden.

smahtaz likes this.
  21. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    You give Brady the Dolphins WR's and TE's, along with Miller and the other RB's on the Dolphins roster, he would average over 30 points a game, even with the Dolphins OL.