1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on potential WR for TE swap

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Rock Sexton, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    My WR core currently consists of:

AJ Green
    Jeremy Maclin
    Steve Smith Sr.
    Martavis Bryant

My TE's are:

Julius Thomas
    Charles Clay

Both my TE's are on bye and I have an opportunity to grab Gary Barnidge. I originally offered Jeremy Maclin, but the other guy doesn't seem too receptive. Is Barnidge worth Bryant? The Pittsburgh offense is going to light up again once Big Ben is back.

2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    What is your starting lineup 2WR/1Flex?

I've flipped back and forth on what I would do. Barnidge is currently 1st in point (PPR) for TE's. I think you would have to grab another depth WR somewhere since Maclin just went down with a concussion. He might miss a few weeks.

3. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Ya, it's 2WR and 1 Flex.

I've got a couple weeks before anymore WR byes so I figured if I keep Maclin, he should be fine by then. But man, it's hard to give up Bryant.

I'm gonna need more TE production since my RB core took a hit. Things were starting to come together with both Arian Foster and Lamar Miller, but obviously the injury Gods had other plans. Now I have to move Carlos Hyde back into a starting spot and that 49'ers offense is in dire straights.

4. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Another option is if Ebron is available waiver claim him immediately

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ebron like he said or if you want to take a shot on Ladarius Green (Gates has a sprained mcl) that could be a better option then trading a good wr.

6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Green is available, but Ebron is not. I'm looking at more than just a 1 week thing though. I'm not sold on Julius Thomas and I absolutely have to get more production out of that spot now that I'm weaker at the RB position. Barnidge seems like the only guy that offense throws to.

7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That depends how you view barnidge then. Eventually teams are going to scheme to stop him. Will he go back to being a 31 year old journeyman TE at that point? If the answer is no, you make the deal. Personally I'm still not a believer. I'd rather take my chances on Green for a week or two and keep rotating players based on match ups.

8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    WR depth is usually pretty easy to pickup. If I needed a TE, I'd trade Bryant easily for Barnidge.

9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You obviously don't play in my league. 3 WR plus a HB/WR/TE position, and twelve teams.

Boik14 likes this.