1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calvin for Dion Lewis Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by JimToss, Oct 12, 2015.

1. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I come here in a panic.
    Do I go with this trade:
    Give: Calvin Johnson
    Get: Dion Lewis and either Cooks/Jordan Matthews.

I am strong at Wr. Weak at RB

Lewis has been producing. Johnson underperforming.
    But those 10 targets a game feel like a turn around is in order?

Help

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Johnson is still the #1 guy in Detroit and without question one of the Top 5 WRs in the NFL. He's been disappointing but you could say that about a lot of players.

Lewis is volume dependent (basically the new version of Vereen), and neither Cooks or Matthews are consistent week to week.

I think you'd hold off. if a QB change happens in Detroit I think you're looking at Johnson getting force-fed.

JimToss likes this.
  3. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Thanks VO.
    I decided against it mostly looking at Calvin had the Broncos Seahawks and cards the last 3 weeks. Maybe the 3 best defenses in the nfl.
    Plus he has the Bears Vikings and Chiefs the next 3 weeks.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd strongly consider Lewis & Cooks/Matthews for Calvin if you're strong at WR but weak at RB.

Philly's offense is starting to get going under Bradford; meanwhile Detroit's looks like garbage, averaging 13.7 ppg the past 4 games with opposing defenses calling out their plays before the snap and no semblance of a ground game to keep defenses from keying on the pass.

5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    How is Lewis volume dependent?

• 3 TDs, one in each of the past 3 games.
    • 6 touches inside the 10. {3 more than Gronk... and 3 more than Eddie Lacy}
    • 11 RZ touches. {7 more than Gronk... and 3 more than Lacy}
    • 104.5 yards/game {#5 among all RBs}
    • 5.8 catches/game {#2 among all RBs..... and more than Gronk}
    • 7.5 targets/game {#1 among all RBs}
    • 5.0 yards/carry

Plus the wildcard factor- he plays in an offense that puts up points. It's not a struggle to get him opportunities inside the RZ.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I'd probably have to agree with todd. In my biggest pay league I had Calvin and to help try and save my season (from 0-3....thanks dez, Andre Johnson and all the other underperformers...) I traded Calvin, Greg Olsen, and Jonathan Stewart for Joseph Randle, Ronnie Hillman and Brandon Cooks. 2-0 since...would have been 0-5 if I'd stayed the course. Sometimes past results are not a predictor of future success. Johnson looked like he's step...still a top 10 option at wr but might not be elite anymore.

ToddPhin likes this.