1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fassel on Canmbell

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/10/ex-giants_coach_jim_fassel_dan_campbell_dolphins_c.html

Tone_E, Bpk, Boik14 and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Please dear God no. Please just say no to goddamned Greg Schiano.

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Didn't mean to include that little snippet.

4. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Ah the old "lunchpail" saying. Gettin tired of that one. That's usually what people say when they can't think of anything else.
    "Well...he uhh brings a lunchpail mentality to the game". Dumb.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Dan literally brought a lunch pail though...

...and then did curls with it.

Tin Indian, Bpk, muscle979 and 5 others like this.
  6. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.

yea they want to say hes not smart... hes blue collar working class american... hes dependable but dont expect him to wow you....

im fine with that, this team needs a shot of adrenaline.. what we dont need is a guy who thinks he knows everything because hes 40-52 as a head coach or hes 25-19 with a playoff victory... dan is jes what we need.... blue collar show up do your job and let things happen naturally...

too many coaches tend to out scheme their own team....

Pandarilla likes this.
  7. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I thought a lunch pail guy was someone who was low key. Someone who doesn't act like an *** when ever they score a TD or make a catch. As a Giants fan, Campbell reminded me of Mark Bavaro, another player who didn't act like an idiot while doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Bpk and P h i N s A N i T y like this.
  8. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    He was a blocking TE. What else except a blue collar approach would he bring as a player? I'm dure the nan isnt an idiot.

9. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I don't get that. To me it means he's a guy that you can depend on. That he's totally invested. That he gives it his all. As a player it does imply that he's doing the most with whatever talent he has, which could be construed as not being blessed with a ton of natural talent or ability. But, as a coach I see it as a huge attribute. Because that's the mentality and culture you're trying to create.

How cool would it be if this guy is the next great young HC to come down the road, and we just sort of got lucky by Ross deciding to name him interim HC. BTW, I never heard why Ross picked Campbell. Can anyone shed some light on that?

10. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    A lunchpail guy is someone who carries their food around in a small, metal bucket.

Most NFL players, at least as I understand it, do not even bring their own food.

11. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    better than a suit and tie guy.

Zeke0123 likes this.