1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde: London fun for local fans, but Dolphins a 'buzzkill'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Oct 4, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    What a buzzkill that game was,'' said Jennifer Smyth, a mental health counselor from Jupiter. "There was no passion by the Dolphins at the start, none at all. It was such a great atmosphere — and then that [result].

Smyth, a Dolphins season-ticket holder for 15 years, came to a Dolphins game in London with two good friends for her second straight year. Last year's game overseas, a 38-14 win over the Oakland Raiders, at least had a more pleasant result.

"The atmosphere here was amazing again for the game," she said. "The fans were great. Everybody was excited. And then it was just ... well, the Dolphins didn't contribute to the atmosphere."

"We come all the way over there, it looked like most of the crowd was [rooting] for [the Dolphins] and they laid an egg," Crossetti said. "I hate to say it but [coach Joe] Philbin has to go."

Late in the game, the Dolphins fans made a unified cheer, too. "Fire Philbin" wasn't what the Dolphins were hoping to hear in the fourth quarter, but there it was.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...london-scene-column-1005-20151004-column.html

--- Now is that confirmation bias? I think not- those are fans who traveled across a continent to see the Dolphins play, and they were rewarded with another flat, uninspired and losing performance. Philbin has to go.

2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    It was a nice article until the end. That is when he reported that the Dolphin fan went to the local pub to drown her sorrows over the loss with a glass of white wine.
    I don't drink, but I imagine those who do indulge in a little alcohol after a game like today were looking for something stronger than a glass of white wine. LOL.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thats some Dolphin fan, she became a season ticket holder fifteen years ago, just when we started our era of sucktitude.