1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, names Shaun. Does every post I reply to need to be approved by mods??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BillsFanShaunB909, Sep 23, 2015.

1. BillsFanShaunB909

BillsFanShaunB909 New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    I've taken time to write out quite a few replies. Nothing bad, just my opinions. Yet 3 out of 5 of them have received a message saying a mod will be checking it shortly? Yet, a few of them posted right away. Kind of stinks that I wrote some long posts with stats I had to look up, yet they aren't there after several hours. Do I just have to wait until someone can check it? Will it stop after say 20 posts? Thanks

I am new here, mostly a Bills fan. However, since the phins are playing the Bills this week and we are kind of in the same situation I figured I join here. Plus, on our forum, everyone is panicking.... saying get rid of Taylor and start EJ, and Rex destroyed our D, and blah blah.

Good luck on Sunday, but I sure could use a happy Sunday. Had a brutal week.

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Long time listener, first time caller...

I'm not part of ownership/management but this is likely part of a reputation system designed to prevent trolls from making accounts specifically for trolling. There's probably a preliminary watch period on new posters to make sure they're here to contribute and not waste site resources. Most likely once your posts are reviewed and if they're deemed sensible, you'll be given unfettered posting privileges. The forum has had a number of non-Dolphin fans become significant contributors to the site but I'm sure you can imagine how hectic it probably gets before division games when opposing fans flood different forums in order to troll fans.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

First...

If your here to legitimately talk football WELCOME! We have, as Im sure Bills fans have over at their site, a rash of trolls who show up week before game and talk nonsense.

But we do have some great posters from a bunch of different teams...so hope you make the cut and we can talk some Ball!

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This.

Shaun, you're welcome here as long as you're not trolling, talking smack or inciting a riot. Basically the same standards we hold every other member to.

5. BillsFanShaunB909

BillsFanShaunB909 New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks! Sounds good, I am all about debates and talking football. I don't even bash the people on my site when terrible posts are made. (Well, I do... just in my head) It's going to be a tough game Sunday, the fans + heat aren't good for a team in Buffalo. Especially a QB starting his 2nd game. (Apparently he doesn't get the start for week 1 since we ran the wildcat with Matt Cassel) So he is technically 0-1 -_-

Big game for both teams, Bills can't afford going 0-2 in Division with the Jets looking semi Decent. I do believe the Jets will come down to earth soon, and I also believe Miami isn't playing to their potential. Like I said before, I expected Miami to be 2-0 and a +30 point differential.

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Sorry about that. Our anti-spam settings were probably a little to aggressive.

I've published your posts and adjusted our system to hopefully prevent this kind of thing going forward.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Sign up today to receive 40% OFF Authentic Bills jerseys! NFL Nike Authentic Gameday Dri-Fit comfort.

Limited time offer expires midnight 9/24/2015.

It works fine.