1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate My Team(s)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by shamegame13, Sep 7, 2015.

1. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Keeper League
    (Won the championship the last 2 years, Picked last (10th) in draft, worse to first if year prior to select draft order, keepers are counted as first three rounds, draft starts at the top of 4th round)

QB Ryan Tannehill MIA
    QB Eli Manning NYG
    RB Le'Veon Bell PIT (Keeper)
    RB Jeremy Hill CIN (Keeper)
    RB Ameer Abdullah DET
    RB Tre Mason STL
    RB Joique Bell DET
    RB DeAngelo Williams PIT
    WR Odell Beckham NYG (Keeper)
    WR Jarvis Landry MIA
    WR Martavis Bryant PIT
    WR DeSean Jackson WAS
    WR Philip Dorsett IND
    TE Ladarius Green SD
    TE Antonio Gates SD
    K Andrew Franks MIA
    D/ST Seattle Seahawks

Non Keeper League
    (Won championship last year in inaugural league year, picked 3rd in beer pong style selection of picks)

QB Ryan Tannehill MIA
    RB Le'Veon Bell PIT
    RB LeSean McCoy BUF
    RB Lamar Miller MIA
    RB Darren McFadden DAL
    RB DeAngelo WilliamsPIT
    WR Jarvis Landry MIA
    WR Martavis Bryant PIT
    WR Doug Baldwin SEA
    WR Devin Funchess CAR
    WR Philip Dorsett IND
    WR Tyler Lockett SEA
    WR Breshad Perriman BAL
    WR Donte Moncrief IND
    TE Greg Olsen
    K Cody Parkey PHI
    D/ST Miami Dolphins

Both leagues are cash prizes for Champion,Both leagues are 10 team leagues, 1 division, top 4 teams with best records at week 13 make playoffs, both leagues starting lineup is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST... Also, you get points in both leagues for KR/PR yards, 1 point per ten yards for INDIVIDUAL KR/PR's, which gives guys like Jarvis Landry and Ameer Abdullah way more value, and both leagues are PPR, thanks for those that give feedback, i made errors drafting in both leagues but i live on the waiver wire always turning the bottom of my lineups, looking for "hits".

Side Note: I had Andrew Luck and TY Hilton on my keeper team but traded them to keeper needy teams (only 3 QBs being kept in my league so opted to Hill instead of Luck because of how thin RB and WR already were) for cash but its been established this year that we can now trade players for future draft picks too

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    First team is very strong. The biggest issue is wr3. But even that I like better with cousins throwing the ball instead of rg3 and thereby giving a slight uptick to Jacksons value.

2nd team needs receivers badly. If the 2nd league isn't a keeper I don't know why you drafted so many rookies aside from Dorsett who don't project as high target guy's. I'd rather take a flier on a Brandon Coleman over Breshad Perriman in a redraft league. You need to find at least 2 WR who are suitable starters even if neither is an a wr1. Landry is fine but he's the only starting caliber you have. Not hard to see the first 5 rounds were Bell McCoy Miller Landry Olsen (or Olsen Landry). Personally you could look at a post hype sleeper like a Terrence Williams (Boys will be forced to throw more when they realize just how good Murray was last and how bad their backs are this year), or a breakout player candidate like Markus Wheaton who looks like he will be starting all year at wr 2 and then playing the slot on third downs. Charles Johnson, Brian Quick, and Kendall Wright are some players I like who may have gone undrafted or may be criminally undervalued in a ppr format. Quick especially looked good before getting hurt. He went undrafted in ThePhins.com league which is a 30 round draft (full D lineups) and a todd was smart enough to scoop him off waivers....I had no roster space :(

shamegame13 likes this.
  3. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    1st team, I almost agree with, however
    my TE situation is risky, I was last team to address TE in draft so I had to make magic in my back to back rounds in 14-15 rds and took a chance here, im hoping it dont turn into a timeshare between the 2 TEs when Gates comes back, IDC which one gets the bulk as long as its just one of em. And for 3rd WR, I bought into Martavis Bryant hype and hope he turns into a solid weekly starter when he comes back from suspension and then DeSean and Ameer become my flex player and can peg whoever has the better matchup from week to week in an ideal world.

And for 2nd team, your right again, my picks from rd 1 were LeVeon, McCoy, Lamar, Olsen, Jarvis, Martavis, RT17 in that order and the best WRs on board were guys like Colston and Roddy but I never trust aged WRs who are becoming inferior WRs on their teams and declining in play so I opted to take a VERY high risk/high reward (IMO) plan and take a bunch of young WRs and hope one or two of them become worthy FF players that can be "acceptable" to play. And like I mentioned, both leagues get yards for individual KR and PR's so guys like Lockett, Jarvis (killed it on my keeper team in this league format because of his heavy production on offense and KR/PRs, finished 12th WR in points last year and I expect his offensive stats to go up so he has real FF #1 WR fantasy potential), im starting both Lockett and Dorsett (named #3 WR today and I expect him to catch defenses sleeping on him) with Landry in week one, but I definitely want your advice on what I should do in week one if I havent made a trade by start of week to address my WR issue and am stuck with these guys right now, I read your advice in these forums and can see you know what your doing in FF (Im the one that everybody calls for advice in my leagues so its nice for me to ask someone who knows a thing or two for help) I pay attention to details, even the small ones and think it gives me an edge in my waiver wire skills (who to pick up at the right time to pick him up), I made over 50+ total acquisitons in each league of my last 3 championships and have gained trust in my instincts to hold/get rid of players, my first two seasons of FF, I was 15-16 yrs old in my dads league and had one good year because of shaun alexander my first year playing FF (finished 4th, which got my money back, in a 12 team league) and was the worse team in the league the next year (but I did have Moss when he caught 23TDs that year, but he was literally all I had) but then quit playing and started again when I was 21 and had three mediocre years before finding success my last two years all due to how well I use the waiver wire.

NOTE: Im currently working on trying to trade Shady and Baldwin for Hyde and Jordan Matthews and also note, as a lot of people probably know in these forums, for as big of a hard time I give RT17, I do like the guy and obviously bought into him, I personally had him ranked #4 in my FF book I do myself and had Eli at #5, and im as far as a homer as you can get lol but I do love my Dolphins and it feels good to see this team so FF relevant, we haven't been this relevant and deep in FF worlds in so long.

Boik14 likes this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The return yards COULD make Dorsett passable as a starter in your current situation but Lockett or Baldwin won't catch enough balls combined with the return yards to be fantasy relevant as anything more then a wr5 or week to week flier. The mccoy/Hyde deal you list could help you a lot. Slight downgrade (based on rankings...) at rb but you would gain a legit starter at wr. Not a fan of Bryant in a PPR...ypc is high but may be a better real life wr then fantasy. Or another Vincent Jackson type in San Diego where he wasn't a high target guy who was generally capped at 75 yards and 4 catches.

With return yards being counted, Cordarelle Patterson could be rostered especially if he gets actual run at wr3. I've been on the Ladarius Green train all offseason. I traded for him in the keeper we do on here and think he can be a real fantasy star. If Gates messes that up I'll be steamed even though I took over a rebuild with that team last year. I also drafted him as a TE2 in every league so far. All in there. If you want some names to watch there...Kyle Rudolph (and if he gets hurt, Mycole Pruitt), Josh Hill and ASJ (Tampa) could be some other options if you need.

Thanks for the nice words. Next year join the board league...think you'd enjoy it.

shamegame13 likes this.
  5. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Thanks for tip on Brandon Coleman, I dont know how he wasnt on my radar but at 6-6 and playing with Brees, I like his chances, I dropped Moncrief and added him and plan on starting him, dorsett, and Landry week one... thanks again

Boik14 likes this.