1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate my team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark Kent, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Did my money draft league draft w/friends tonight. 10 teams, standard scoring. I'm feeling pretty disappointed w/my draft. After mocking all week, I felt confident that I had a pretty good idea where players were going but things ended up very different and I didn't adapt too well, IMO.

QB: Sam Bradford
    RB: Eddie Lacy
    RB: Frank Gore
    WR: Odell Beckham Jr.
    WR: Mike Evans
    Flex: Andre Ellington
    TE: Travis Kelce
    DEF: Cinci (vs. Oakland) Streaming defenses based on matchups.
    K: Dan Bailey

Bench:
    QB: Philip Rivers
    RB: Doug Martin
    RB: LaGarrett Blount
    WR: Eddie Royal
    WR: Markus Wheaton
    WR: Brian Quick

I really ****ed up in the 2nd round (17th). I had Jeremy Hill in the palm of my hands, but I overthought the situation. I took Beckham because for a number of reasons, but primarily because I thought it would be better to grab a tier 1 WR, believing I could get Lamar Miller in the 3rd (24th). Been doing mock drafts all week, and I've never seen him go higher than 27th in over double digit mock drafts. He was taken at 21. I had thought about going RB, RB, RB (flex), if possible too but decided against it. Figured I could grab someone like Gurley or Foster later in the 6th and use someone else in the flex until they were was ready. Gurley went 30th and Foster in the 40's... Took Evans, who was the BPA, despite the fact that I hate his QB and think that limits his potential. Not to mention, I could of gotten better value w/receivers later (Matthews 4th, Adams 5th, Andre Johnson 7th).

To make a long story short, I based my draft on terrible information and prediction, and had a less draft than I should of. I feel like I tried to overcompensate for my mistake after Miller was taken. Reached a little here and there. Reached for Gore in the 4th, also ran into some bad luck, especially at QB. I wanted Tannehill, but he was taken right before me. I also wanted Bradford for potential, but as a backup to Tannehill. Switch it up if Bradford played well or when Tannehill was playing stout D's. Things like that just didn't happen. Had I stuck to BPA, I could of put together a much better roster, IMO. I just overthought it.

Thoughts? Rates?

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It has some sneaky potential so I wouldn't worry just yet.
    Just be happy Beckham lasted until the 17th pick b/c both he and Hill realistically could've been gone by then.

Clark Kent likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I like beckham more then hill who will be losing carries to Gio Bernard. Cruz isn't 100% yet and won't be for a few weeks imo. I'm not a fan of your flex options...I'd probably start Blount or Martin over Ellington. I like your backs...you can do Soooo much worse then gore who could get 3 or 4 targets a game and be a sneaky ppr play. I'd also go rivers over bradford. But really it's not a bad team. Flex is really the biggest issue imo.

Clark Kent likes this.
  4. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Wheaton isn't a bad Flex option for the first four weeks with Bryant suspended. But as Boik said you really don't have a bad team. Your core with Lacy/Gore and ODB/Evans is solid. If Bradford stays healthy then you're good at QB. 4th ranked TE. I think you're too harsh on your draft.

Clark Kent likes this.
  5. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    This is basically what I could of had if I had just drafted BPA, rather than getting too cute.

Round 1 - Eddie Lacy
    Round 2 - Jermey Hill
    Round 3 - Whomever falls to me as a result of not selecting Beckham. Randall Cobb most likely.
    Round 4 - Jordan Matthews
    Round 5 - Russell Wilson
    Round 6 - Travis Kelce
    Round 7 - Andre Johnson
    Round 8 - LaGarrett Blount or Doug Martin

I really don't think I'm being harsh on my team at all. I think I failed in getting the best player and value on the board, and missed out on a better squad. I'm going to need a lot of luck to finish higher than 6th place in this league. I basically threw $100 away :lol: I'm so pissed off at myself. I don't know why I did what I did. I'm basically Jeff Ireland of my league. Drafted a couple of good players and built a ****ty roster.

6. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I like your roster better then that team. The biggest thing I would have done differently is get Andre Johnson as a flex in round 7. That's gross he lasted that long. I took him at pick 40 in my pay league and I know for a fact he was gone 3-4 picks after that max.

7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    some similarities to my team in my 10 team league
    - I have Evans, Kelce and Bailey as starters with Rivers, Martin as my backups

QB: Tannehill
    RB: CJ Anderson
    RB: J Forsett
    WR: Mike Evans
    WR: A Cooper
    Flex: TJ Yeldon
    TE: Travis Kelce
    DEF: Philly
    K: Dan Bailey

Bench:
    QB: Philip Rivers
    RB: Doug Martin
    WR: N Agholor
    WR: M Bryant
    RB: Duke Johnson

My 2nd team in a 12 team league - have Eli Manning. I'm pretty worried that Odell will not have a monster year again.

8. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I like your squad and you probably dont wanna hear this, but i wouldve had jeremy hill picked within the 2 seconds.

But your starting WRs are a sick combo as qell as your starting RBs.

9. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    lol not a problem, believe me, I understand the feeling. In my mind, I had more flexibility than I thought I did.
    Had things panned out according to plan... 1st: Lacy, 2nd: Beckham, 3rd: Lamar Miller, 4th: Jordan Matthews

That would have been my core 4. And in all honesty, I truly think that core 4 would be the best in my league. In fact, one of the best in any fantasy league. The trade off of Miller/Beckham over Hill/Evans would of been significantly better, IMO.

1. Lacy: Boss. 2nd best goal line runner in the NFL last two season, converting 26 goal line attempts into 15 TD's (57%). Only Steven Ridley was better (13 attempts, 8 TD, 61%). I have Ridley on my watch list in FA too, when he gets back healthy. No Nelson might mean more rushing yard attempts and TD's. If not, he's still worth pick #4.

2. Odell Beckham: Scored more PPG than any other skill player in 2014. He's a year better and NYG/OBJ has best match ups of any WR (Dez Bryant #2) based on this: http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/15_pma_big_board_nonppr_2.html. Another reason why I took Beckham > Hill. Hill has tougher match ups, although I suspect he'll still be a fantasy bellcow, as he's the #1. RB w/Gio unable to pass block. Going to get 1,000 yards rushing min and is the undisputed goal line back.

3. Lamar Miller: I'm not a Dolphins homer in fantasy. I practically avoid them like the plague. This year is different. I love Lamar Miller and Ryan Tannehill. Not only is the offense infused w/talent, but Miami is playing the AFC South and NFC East this season. 8 games of potential fantasy greatness. Miller is under valued by Miami fans because he doesn't get used (13.5 carries per game in '14) but if that number rises to 20ish or so, he's a 1200 yard rusher. And he's looking so much better as a receiver w/Tannehill reading D's faster and checking down more quickly when it's not there. I love Miller in 2015. Not the bellcow that Hill is, but Miller will have a strong, strong year. He's going to elevate himself into late round 1/early round 2 going into next season.

4. Jordan Matthews: I think Sam Bradford is far more competent than Foles or Sanchez, despite not having proven anything in his first 4 seasons. I think he fits the spread offense like a glove (see Oklahoma days). He could have a big year, which will be huge for Matthews. 6'3," 215 lbs, 4.5 speed, great route runner, solid hands, plays mostly inside the slot where his skill set dominates, but also plays outside too. Might finish top 5 in fantasy for WRs.

I also could of gone: Lacy, Hill, Matthews, and Gore. I really do think Matthews was worth a 3rd. But the truth is, I didn't have reasonable expectations Gore would be there late in the 4th. But that's why drafting the BPA w/awareness of need is the best strategy. Take what the other teams give you. Or as Bruce Lee said, "be water."

10. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    I've offered...

Andre Ellington (5th round, 44th) for Ben Roethlisberger (6th round, 52nd).

My QB's: Sam Bradford, Philip Rivers
    My RB's: Lacy, Gore, Ellington, Martin, and Blount.

His QBs: Big Ben, Tony Romo, Ryan Tannehill, and Eli Manning.
    His RBs: Joesph Randle, Andre Williams

Background: This was the one kid in our league who couldn't make the draft. So the computer auto drafted 4 QB's... He drafted 4 QB's straight in rounds 6-9 (Big Ben, Tony Romo, Ryan Tannehill, and Eli Manning). Which really ****ed things up for me lol, I had to scramble to draft Bradford in the 8th, the best QB (w/the highest ceiling) available IMO.

My thoughts: This kid has a solid team outside of RB. He's got those 4 QB's, all starting caliber. Plus, Gronk, Bryant, Cooks, and Keenan Allen starting at the flex for the moment. But He has no RB depth of any kind. His starting RB's are basically backups. Of all 4 QB's, I like Big Ben the most. Tons of weapons this year. I think he can repeat last seasons yardage and maybe throw more TD's. He's got a solid team otherwise w/Gronk, Dez, Cooks, and Keenan Allen @flex for the moment.

Blount has 1,000 yard and double digit TD capability in NE this season if you extrapolate his stats from NE last season. Doug Martin looks to be on the rise again, losing weight and looking quicker than ever. I figure I should try and trade someone and I'd rather go w/Martin and Blount's ability to score TD's > Ellington's 20 touches per game (if he does indeed get that many) w/less goal line opportunities because of his size. This is standard league scoring, too so I don't get PPR benefits from Ellington.

In addition to the above, this owner is outside of my division too.

Thoughts? Good trade? Should I wait until after week 1? Maybe wait and see if/when he cuts Tannehill/Romo/or Manning? While I don't have interest in Manning, I would in Tannehill/Romo.

11. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I think youre fine with Rivers there but Ben is an upgrade and I dont think Ellington will hold the job or get a bulk of the workload in a backfield I think will be a true RBBC. Its a reasonable deal.