1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Rate My Team....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Boik14, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Full point PPR, 3 WR start, TE/WR/RB flex, 12 teams. League looks pretty balanced (8 of 12 teams predicted to have between 128 and 130 points in week 1, including mine) 2 above that 130 mark and 2 below the 128 line.

QB Manning/Tannehill
    RB1 Hyde
    RB2 Stewart (Please stay healthy, please stay healthy, please stay healthy...)
    WR1 Dez
    WR2 Megatron
    WR3 Johnson
    TE Olsen
    Flex: Sankey

1. (9) Dez Bryant WR
    2. (16) Calvin Johnson WR
    3. (33) Carlos Hyde RB
    4. (40) Andre Johnson WR
    5. (57) Jonathan Stewart RB
    6. (64) Greg Olsen TE
    7. (81) Bishop Sankey RB
    8. (88) Ryan Tannehill QB
    9. (105) Eli Manning QB
    10. (112) Tre Mason RB
    11. (129) David Cobb RB
    12. (136) Andre Williams RB
    13. (153) Ladarius Green TE
    14. (160) Phillip Dorsett WR
    15. (177) Cincinnati DEF
    16. (184) Antonio Gates TE
    17. (201) Nick Novak K

2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Are you that high on Hyde? I've talked to some 49er fans and they're not sold on him. Obviously Reggie wont take too many carries from him but I would be worried Reggie replaces him in most passing down situations.
    I would be tempted to trade one of your WR's for a RB1 and WR3. Rolling with Hyde/Stewart is super risky. Who knows what kind of production either one of them will have.

Or you can just roll with your current line up and hope that your QB/WR line up will put up enough points to cover the lack of RB points.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Bush may get 5-10 touches a game bit I have Hyde as a low end RB 1 who should get 18-20 touches a game. He's not a bad receiver either and on a team that has Torrey smith, old Vernon davis and not much else he could be a factor. He could hit 1100 and 10 td with 35-40 catches based on last years projections. Hardest part is schedule and being in a that division with Seattle, Zona and the Rams who all have stout d.

I thought about moving wr for RB but the reason I loaded up at WR is because there's just not a lot of RB I have a lot of confidence in. If I went RB it was going to be a bell cow guy not a time share guy like Hill or a big risk like Murray who had 500 touches last year including playoffs. What I'm really hoping for is that 2 from Hyde Williams Cobb Mason and Sankey emerge as bellcows and Stewart stays on the field because when he does he's good as a low end rb 1.

4. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Well look who went with Stewart lol. I really like your WRs but Hyde as a number 1 back is a little risky.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    It wasn't a choice. I needed a back in round 5. With stewart the issue is never ability its staying on the field. If I get 12 games with him I'll be thrilled

6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    A go big or go home type a team, just like I like 'em.
    Can't win a league without drafting a few players who end up exceeding their draft status, especially down the home stretch.
    When did Vereen, Crowell, and Matt Jones go?

7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    10th round, 7th round, and 16th round. Small rosters as well and all except Jones were overdrafted on my board. I knew going in I was staying away from Cleveland and Houston backfields unless I got Duke or Arian Foster in like round 15 or something ridiculous. I really didnt want to go near the Giants or Panthers backfields either but Williams should be the goalline back even if Vereen and Rashad Jennings cut in to his overall touches. Im wondering if he cant do what Lamar Miller did last year with more TD. The Panthers I didnt want to go near but I have a claim in for Artis Payne who is a must handcuff if Im going to roster Stewart (If I get 12 games from Stewart Id probably sign for that right now)

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I've been tempted to take Foster as high as the 5th round. Especially in a PPR Format. Talk is he might only miss about 4 games.

9. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Even if he's guaranteed to be back in the lineup by week 5, it doesn't mean he won't be back out of it by week 8.

Boik14 likes this.
  10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I agree but he was actually taken in round 5. He may miss as few as 2 or as many as 8. I think he misses 4 and gets reinjured because that's his history

11. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Next team....
    12 team
    .4 per completion
    .4 ppr
    RB scoring 1 point per 10/wr scoring 1 point per 15 (i.e. boosts RB value a drop over WR)

Projected starters:
    QB Manning
    RB1 Lacy
    RB2 Miller
    WR1 Allen
    WR2 Watkins
    WR3 Wright
    TE Graham
    Flex Ivory (or Crowell or Coleman depending on the week)
    K Tucker
    D Miami or Baltimore (based on matchup)

1. (4) Eddie Lacy RB
    2. (21) Lamar Miller RB
    3. (28) Jimmy Graham TE
    4. (45) Keenan Allen WR
    5. (52) Chris Ivory RB
    6. (69) Sammy Watkins WR
    7. (76) Eli Manning QB
    8. (93) Tevin Coleman RB
    9. (100) Kendall Wright WR
    10. (117) Isaiah Crowell RB
    11. (124) Miami DEF
    12. (141) Kenny Stills WR
    13. (148) Terrance Williams WR
    14. (165) Baltimore DEF
    15. (172) Joe Flacco QB
    16. (189) Justin Tucker K

12. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Team 1 is light on RB and Team 2 is light on WR. Polar opposite draft strategies I see. I think Kendall Wright is bound for a great season so he should help inflate Team 2 WR corps. He's always been on the verge of taking the next step and I actually thought he'd do that last season. All TEN WRs last year were woeful though. Both teams have premium TEs though. I position I somewhat neglected in my draft….shame on me.

I like Carlos Hyde but I wonder if he'll be seeing a lot of stacked boxes this year.

Sankey, what are your thoughts? He's being treated like a plague but he's the unquestioned starter now and it’s his job to lose. Another RB that should see stacked boxes frequently though, much like last year.

13. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The draft strategies being opposite are reflective of the scoring in each league...one is full point PPR and the other is .4. Makes a lot of difference. Also reflective of the way the drafts fell.

I agree that Wright is the Titan WR to own. He had 1000 yard seasons with Jake Locker/Charlie Whitehurst at QB, Marriota sure better be able to get him the ball. Hes very overlooked.

TE drafting can go 1 of 2 ways...either you draft them high and hope that the difference between a top TE and a middle to bottom tier one is greater then the difference that you lost at another position by picking a great one early. Or you draft great WR/RB and hope you find an above average TE later on. Its rare that one emerges or is criminally undervalued like Greg Olsen was last year.

Hyde, in my opinion was a pretty safe bet. SF actually got a deep threat this offseason in the form of Torrey Smith. With Vernon Davis and the ageless Anquan Boldin, I think theres enough there to keep defenses honest. The biggest issue I see is that SF may be playing from behind a lot which could test Hyde's ability as a receiver. I see low end RB1 numbers or high end RB2 numbers (1100/8-10 TD) as likely which frankly is all i need from him and Stewart given the supporting cast on team 1.

Sankey is a decent back and I think the OL in front of him is ok but I agree he is more likely to get stacked boxes until Marriota shows he can hit the deep ball and take the top off of defenses. I also think hes more likely to land in a time share then Id like....I added Terrence West as soon as Cobb was placed on IR. The bottom line with the Titans from a fantasy perspective is this: Someone has to get the ball and most likely the Titans to own are Sankey Wright and Delanie Walker (who is a very underrated player as well). Sankey is a true boom or bust proposition but given the state of RB's in league one it was a flier worth taking. Ditto for Tre Mason.

14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I like this team. A full point PPR league w/Dez, Megatron, Johnson, and Olsen? All #1 receivers, all red zone threats, all candidates to catch 100 balls in their offense (even Olsen...). I like Carlos Hyde well enough too. He may not lead the NFL in rushing, but the 49ers have to give the ball to someone on offense. He's going to pound the ball and is the undisputed goal line back. I think Stewart is a gamble, but in that offense w/the lack of receiving options, I fully expect Carolina to run the ball. From Stewart, Tolbert, to Newton. Gamble on health? Sure, but the ceiling is high enough to make it worth it. in round 5, 60 picks deep. I also like Tre Mason as well. I don't trust Gurley's health. He's not AP... I think he needs a full year off at minimum... minimum. If Mason can get healthy, show his stuff, he still might end up the #1 RB by seasons end. He has the ability to make St. Louis extra cautious w/Gurley.

I like the Tannehill/Eli combo. Tannehill for obvious reasons, but Eli for similar reasons. Matchups. Eli is in his 2nd year of McAdoo's offense. Threw a career high 30 TD's in 2014, doesn't have a great running attack, will have OBJ and eventually Cruz back. When Tannehill is playing the AFC South and NFC EAST, he's a worthwhile start. When Tanny is playing the AFC EAST, slide in Manning, who has a favorable schedule playing the NFC SOUTH this season (avoid him during AFC east matchups lol).

I would get rid of Ladaruis Green tbh. I don't know what's available on waivers/FA, but you're never not going to start Olsen. And Since you also have Gates as a backup, I'd just wait out his suspension w/starting Olsen. Not a big fan of Dorsett. I don't like his lack of technique and I don't see where he fits into an offense w/as many weapons as Luck has. I think Moncrief will be used more than Dorsett. Since Dorsett is your only WR depth, I'd be nervous.

Boik14 likes this.
  15. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Thanks for the feedback. I went the other way on Green/Gates and dumped Gates. I dont think Green loses that job and Gates is always hurt. Hes lost a few steps. Flex allows us to start a TE if desired. My flex options arent inspiring me right now (though I share your sentiments on Mason) thats why Im hanging on to Green. Agree with your feelings on QB's...thats why I did that. Receivers flew off the board late while I was trying to cover for my lack of high end RB's. Dorsett won the WR3 job which is basically a starter in Indy and should should see the field enough to be a suitable WR4 in fantasy imo. I do have have about 20 WR's on the "watch list" but right now Hankerson, Robert Woods, Greg Jennings and a bunch of rookies (Chris Conley, Breshad Perriman, Devin Smith) who are unlikely to be high target guys are really whats available until someone emerges.

I dumped David Cobb and Gates already for Artis-payne and Terrence West.

16. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Another solid team. I'm not familiar w/this scoring type. It's odd and I don't know how accurate I could rate this team... That being said, like a standard league, RB's have the most value. Which is good, since you've got Lacy, Miller, and Ivory. Miller is underrated in general, but especially in PPR of any value if the preseason is any indication of how Miami plans on using him. Tannehill is going through his reads quicker, and is making faster/smarter check downs. Miller should get 20-25 touches per game (rush and rec) w/our lack of depth at the position. I also like Ivory. Undisputed #1 back, has 1,000+ yard potential, and the ability to score 8-10 TD's. I've heard nothing but positive news from NYJ regarding Ivory. Steven Ridley is a consistent goal line runner and may vulture some opportunities when he gets back 6+ weeks into the season. Tevin Coleman is getting the start in ATL and I liked him coming out. I'm not big on any Atlanta player outside of Julio, because of that O-line but for the 93d pick, you can't argue w/a starting RB.

I'm torn about Jimmy Graham. In the NO Saints offense, I love that pick. In Seattle's? Tough to say. Since 15 receiving yards are worth 1 point, I don't know if he'll get the yards or .4 PPR value from that offense. I don't know that he won't either, but we'll see. TD's in this league might mitigate the lack of receiving volume (yards and rec) though, right? I'm not sure how to judge this pick, in this type of format.

As others have said, the WR are not super encouraging. I love Watkins, but there are questions @ QB for Buffalo. I'd be more encouraged about Watkins if Manuel was the starter, from a fantasy perspective. On the flip side, Watkins has been called the best player on the field throughout camp. He's looking fantastic by all accounts. Dez Bryant was one comparson during the draft, and like Dez, he should lead his team in red zone targets at minimum. This could be a really solid pick... Even if he gets 70 catches, around 1,000 yards, his value could be huge w/red zone TD opportunities. and since yards don't matter as much in this league, this might turn out really solid... Keenan Allen is a bit underrated. I think he'll bounce back to rookie form in his 3rd year w/Rivers and a legitimate #2 in Stevie Johnson and Melvin Gordon drawing attention, keeping D's honest. When Gates gets back, that offensive attack should look very balanced, and he's arguably the most talented weapon of the bunch. I don't like Kendall Wright w/his QB. But Stills and Williams are good depth.

QBs get .4 per completion? Interesting... My perception was Eli wasn't a good pick for his kind of league. But I checked the stats and to my surprise, Eli completed the 7th most passes of any NFL QB in his first year/w McAdoo. Their running game sucks and their defense sucks too. Curious to see how this pick plays out.

Like I said earlier, I'm too unfamiliar w/this scoring type to give a real rating. That said, if RB's out value other skill positions, I think you're set w/a very strong core. I like all three RB's a lot. If Watkins and Graham can produce in the redzone, their lack of catches/receiving yards (based on my perception of their offenses ability) could be mitigated and both could have great value.

Boik14 likes this.
  17. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Interesting thoughts on Gates/Green. My concern about Green, is he's not having a good camp by all reports. And he's been invisible during the PS. Gates has lost a step, but his PED suspension is... encouraging in that regard. That's weird to say, but it makes me more comfortable w/his outlook. With or without PED, he's still a matchup nightmare in the red zone. And Rivers loves him like Romo loves Witten and Brady loves Gronk.

Hope that gamble works out! I've got Gates on my watch list (FA) in my FF league. I will probably pick him up late in week 2, if I have a spot available.

P.s. Was Josh Huff drafted? He's worth putting on a watch list. I'd even stash him for a few weeks to wait and see. He seems to be one of the few FA available w/big potential, IMO.

1. High volume Philly offense
    2. Philly has a legit starting caliber QB... *For now*
    3. Crazy athlete. Looked awesome at times. Too many mistakes as a rookie, but he's in year 2.
    4. Ahead of Cooper on the depth chart, from what I've read.
    5. Kelly loves his Duck players.

EDIT:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...eakness-position-offensive-line-wide-receiver

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-jordan-matthews-upside-wide-receiver-fantasy

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...shredded-explosive-oregon-fantasy-depth-chart

Some more food for thought. I'm interested in him in a 10 man league, he probably has better value in a 12 man league. During the off-season, I defended Philly's off-season. There were some roster moves I didn't like, but I did agree with the Eagles not resigning Jeremy Maclin (who served as Huff's mentor his rookie season) because of Huff. Media and fans were freaking out about llosing DeSean Jackson and Maclin in back to back off-seasons, but Huff is kind of a hybrid of both. and much cheaper to pair w/Matthews. Huff's body (5'11" 200 lbs) is very similar to Maclin (6' 195 lbs), and the timed speed is about the same (4.5). When you watch Huff run routes and YAC, I'll be damned if he doesn't look like a bigger DeSean Jackson. He's got that same powerful running stride w/short area explosiveness, physicality, with ability to weave between and around defenders.

Check out this gif from the links I posted.

[​IMG]

Boik14 likes this.