1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it turns out last year Ross told Philbin he was bringing him back week 12

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LBsFinest, Aug 28, 2015.

1. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/28/nfl-joe-philbin-miami-dolphins-talking-football

I guess he was satisfied at 6-4 and didn't care how the season played out? Good news for Philbin, forget about the playoffs, you start off 5-1 and there's a good chance he'll bring you back!

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

You know what..Ive been as critical of Philbin as anyone, but **** it, if he gets us to the playoffs Ill support him 100%. I do like the fact he is trying to be more personal to the players...we will see I guess!

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    yeah, this is old news that we all heard last year and discussed ad nauseam. Good job bringing up something that you can beat into the ground again.
    When I said earlier this week that you should find some new topics to beat into the ground, I didn't mean finding topics from last season.

4. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The same week we are unveiling a 425 million dollar renovation that will give the team a better home-field advantage, paid for by our owner, LB is still moaning and groaning about Ross.

I think LB would prefer that Philbin gets fired mid-season over a deep playoff run, just so he can come back here and prove how right he is.

5. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    This is the first I'm hearing of Queasy being given assurances for 2015 back in November...thought it was interesting, that's all.

6. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Kind of pissed i read this. Sure if we make the playoffs this year, everyone will forget about the last 2 years wasted thanks to queesy.

7. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Would you pissed if we won the Super Bowl? Why aren't you blaming Shula post 1974, JJ, Wanny, Saban, Cameron, Captain Fist Pump too? We've wasted the last 40 years not winning the Super Bowl.

PhinFan1968 and Fin D like this.
  8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I wasn't in favor of Philbin returning as the HC this season, but Ross felt differently and he owns the team. So all I can hope for is that Philbin and his coaches can get the best out of the most talented roster this organization has had in well over a decade.

I see this as a very simple process. The Dolphins make the playoffs this season and Philbin will have proved he has finally grown into his position as an NFL head coach.

They once again fail to make the playoffs and Tannebaum goes to Ross and tells him it is time to get rid of Philbin and as head of football operations, Ross listened to Tannebaum and fires Philbin.

It is playoffs or bust for Philbin in 2015 and after having a losing record after his first three years in Miami, that is the way it should be. The time for excuses is over for Ross, Philbin, and the entire football team.

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    As a fan of the Dolphins since 1966 and a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years before relocating to Hawaii, I was actually very frustrated with Shula and the front office during the Marino years. While they consistently made the playoffs during those years, Shula was never able to provide Marino with a strong running game or the type of defense needed to take the team to a SB championship.

To to me it has ALWAYS been about winning the Super Bowl. I always view each NFL season as one winner and 31 losers. While I enjoy each game on an individual basis, every season for me has ended up in frustration since the Dolphins last won the SB in January 1974.

I have never understood any fan being satisfied with anything less than your team being the champion once the season is complete.