1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DooM

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by k-bayfinfan, Aug 28, 2015.

1. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    I can't believe someone hasn't post this yet.I am super stoked about this game and all of violent glorious gore. Here are some links.

gameplay trailer
    [video=youtube;NteAPGprDJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NteAPGprDJk[/video]

E3 2015 gameplay reveal video(warning: extreme gore/violence)
    [video=youtube;ljpBwguIqos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwguIqos[/video]

I hope iD goes back to the original gameplay with arena style map that you must fight your way out of and not like Doom 3 linear maps. What do you guys and gals think?

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Meh. Doom was an interesting novelty to me 20 years ago as an 18 year old college freshman. No interest today.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not posted? I posted the trailer in the E3 thread. :lol:

I think this looks like an interesting hybrid of Doom 1 and Doom 3. It clearly follows Doom 3 visually, but tries to play more like Doom 1, with some of the Brutal Doom mod thrown in. In fact, I believe the Brutal Doom mod creator was used as a consultant on this game, though he was very publicly unhappy with several elements of the gunplay in the trailer.

I'm personally pretty excited for it, as I think the action FPS has basically died. All we have now are melodramatic futuristic military-themed FPSes with terrible writing the color brown everywhere. If Doom has to go back to the past to take us to forward, so be it.

Tone_E and k-bayfinfan like this.
  4. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    My bad, I didn't think about the E3 thread when I posted this. My apologies on the brain shart. But like you I am very excited especially if it goes back to its roots which it appears to be doing, but with a little more pomp and circumstances. there even will be the ability to Mod your own single player and multiplayer games. Was disappointed they failed the duke nukem reboot but I think they're getting this one right. These fast pace action FPS games can really get the adrenaline going. your brain can literally go into survival mode. And like u said, doom 3 graphics in the original doom quick pace "ruin your undies" way. doom 3 sucked. They should've called that one Medal of Doom or like the new developer called it Call of Doomy

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Duke Forever wasn't a reboot, it was a sequel that took 15 years to put out because they kept restarting the project… sort of like how this Doom game was announced 4-5 years ago and was started over halfway through. I thought it was pretty decent for what it was, especially if you imagined it as an HD remake of a game that never came out.

I thought Doom 3 was pretty decent. It tried to do something new with the series, but the horror was basically monster closets and scripted scenes. It was Half Life 2: Doom. I'm really hoping this game is less scripted and more organic. Let the scares happen on their own.

I need to see more, but I'm excited to finally have what looks like a more classic style Doom game… albeit with Brutal Doom concepts.