1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz Dolphins notes Aug 26 2015

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Though the Dolphins remain hopeful that receiver DeVante Parker will be available for the regular-season opener Sept. 13 at Washington, Parker was non-committal on Wednesday, while adding that he is about where he expected as he works his way back from June foot surgery.

Parker was dressed for practice on Wednesday but did not participate. He is now able to run at full speed, without discomfort, on that surgically-repaired left foot and said he believes he is close to being cleared for practice.
    Amid Fox’s concussion and Branden Albert still working his way back from knee surgery, the Dolphins this week gave left guard Dallas Thomas a lot of snaps at left tackle.

Thomas, the strong front-runner to start at left guard in the regular-season opener, could be Miami’s best option at left tackle on Saturday against Atlanta, even though Thomas allowed seven sacks when he played tackle last season.

Jamil Douglas would play left guard in that scenario, with Billy Turner at right guard. Turner, competing with Douglas to start at right guard, said he has been getting a lot but not all of the first-team snaps at right guard in practice.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...more-clarity-on-lbs-and-more-canes-notes.html

77FinFan likes this.
  2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Jesus...a line of Thomas / Douglas / Pouncey / Turner / James...I'm sure some of it is because I'm still shell-shocked from what happened last year after Albert went down...but FFS...I hope (and there's nothing to give it) they can hold up against Atlanta.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    They'd be better off with Billy Turner at LT and Thomas at RG.

4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Thomas seems to be more stable since he's been at just LG. I think the smart thing to do is leave him strictly at that one position, same as with James at RT. If Fox cannot go, I'd just plug in Linkenbach at LT for that game. He at least has some experience there in his career. Started and played 5 entire games at LT and parts of 4 others and allowed just one sack during that time.

5. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    O line is gonna be a problem all season I fear. We have youth and i'm just hoping these young guys step up. Dallas Thomas especially.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    New season, same **** with this O-line.

7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Ya man...Philbin keeps selling us the line as-is, as the answer...sure seems this could be his last pitch.

the 23rd likes this.
  8. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm really wanting to be positive about this year but honestly, seeing this and the "we're putting the best guys in there to do the job" line again, has made me think that despite changes elsewhere nothing substantial has changed and the same coaching mistakes and frustrations from last year will show up again. :no:

brandon27 likes this.
  9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I think we have put enough talent on the team that we could still have a good chance of grabbing the final wildcard spot this year - despite our Oline woes. But, with this thin Oline and lack of depth, I could see us getting completely crushed if we do make the playoffs.