1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins practice report: Branden Albert unsure if he’ll be ready for opener

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...en-albert-unsure-if-hell-be-ready-for-opener/

2. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Their first two games are against cupcakes. I wouldn't rush him back to play against the Racist Logos and the Jags. A lot of this team's long term success is dependent on Tackle play. (Says Captain Obvious, I know)

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That's troublesome news. I don't care who we're playing.

4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Not to rush him back at all , but there are no cupcakes on the schedule for this team imo .

Lose a game we "should" win , that back end of the schedule becomes even more daunting .

5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

The Foreskins can play some decent D, it's still the NFL - any given Sunday and all that...and the Jags are better on D, that game may be tough (like last year). Not saying I'm worried, because I'm not, and I wouldn't be bothered one bit if Albert sat those games.

6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Keep your fat azz on the bench Albert. Come back after the bye.

7. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Running back depth and the quick pass game will be tested early on. If the defense is playing to their potential there shouldn't be any major issues but at this point it's probably safe to say Albert won't be around for week 1.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  8. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

You know who else won't be ready for the opener!?

NOT SportsCenter ‏@NOTSportsCenter 18m18 minutes ago
    Since the 3rd preseason game is the dress rehearsal game, the #Redskins will be keeping RGIII out to accurately simulate the upcoming season

Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins
    Upon further review by neuropsychologists, RGIII to be held out from gameplay this week & rested 1 to 2 weeks before returning to action.

9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    If we had a solid left guard, this issue could/possibly have been mitigated to some degree. There is a hell of a lot of uncertainty along the line for this not to be troubling. It would be nice if he could have 15-20 reps in the preseason, hut the reality is even when he comes back he may need to be spelled at certain times of the game.

10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    There are no cupcakes in the NFL.

Welcome to Pro Football.

TiP54 likes this.
  11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We have to explore a trade, theres no other solution but to do it. Start making calls and see what kind of guard/tackle is available with a second round pick offer.. It might sound high but we need to add a verygood player on the line.

12. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    That's exactly what I'd do. We can get by with Jason Fox vs. Wash & Jax. Rather have a more complete Brandon Albert, who, like every player, is only going to get more worn down as the season goes on, than a 60% Brandon Albert starting Game 1 and degrading the rest of the season.