1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookies to pick from

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Ohio Fanatic, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    So standard PPR 10 team league. middle of 6th round and 7th round coming up soon (this is a slow live draft done by email). This is usually where I reach for potential rather than another mediocre bench player. Would you take Ameer Abdullah (should be a stud if Bell goes down, or he just may beat him out) or Amari Cooper who's the likely #1 in LA. The third choice would be Doug Martin who seems to be making a resurgence.

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If you're looking for a mid round rookie it's TJ Yeldon. I think the Jags offense will be better then people think. Their backs were around 4.3 ypc last year and Denard Robinson is not as good a back as Yeldon could be imo.

Another couple of rounds down the road you could also look at David or Duke Johnson. Cameron Artis Payne could also find some playing time since Stewart usually gets an injury.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on Artis Payne for the last round. Figure people who aren't miami or carolina fans probably haven't seem him yet.
    Duke Johnson will still be on the waiver wire in a 10 team league, so just have to keep a close eye on him too.
    Yeldon is an interesting prospect, forgot all about him since he's in JAX.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I can see Abdullah doing as much as or more than Gio Bernard before Hill took over.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I took Amari Cooper, Guy after me just picked Abdullah #!#@!. I'm leaning towards Doug Martin if he's there in round 6, if not then Yeldon.

6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Think about what Reggie Bush did in Detroit in 2013: 1,500 yards, 7 TDs, 54 receptions, and finishing as the #8 RB status.... and that was with Joique Bell posting 1000 yards and 8 TDs as the #12 RB. Bell wasn't as injury plagued then, and Abdullah is probably more dependable of a runner than Reggie. So I think in the very least he represents a high floor but with the potential for a high ceiling.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If youre looking at rookie WR's I think Funchess, because of the injury to Benjamin, is a good bet to lead all rookie WR in Yards and/or TD. Someone besides Olsen has to catch a ball there.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    that was my thoughts as well. If Bell goes down, Abdullah could put up some really good numbers with Megatron and Tate pulling safeties out of the box. The guy has offered Abdullah for Amari Cooper in a trade, but I haven't bitten yet. depends on who I get as my next WR. Cooper is my #2 WR at the moment.

9. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Awwww, I wish I was here to help you.... I absolutely love Abdullah, he has great burst out of his cuts and he is on a dynamic offense that features Megatron and Golden Tate (and dont sleep in Ebron this year) so he wont be keyed on all that much and factor in he is fighting for touches with the ever-uninspiring runner Joique Bell, he would of been a great play but I cant knock Cooper either, I'm hoping to get both in my first two rds in my keeper league (last pick because I won last year and the year before, not to toot my own horn, oh who am I kidding, im totally tooting right now lol) which starts in rd 4 to go along with L Bell, J Hill, and O Beckham. I will maybe take Juice over Cooper though because KR and PR yards get points in my keeper league.