1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden NFL 16

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by A13OVEAVERAGE, Aug 15, 2015.

1. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    It's a little less than two weeks away.. who's getting it, who wants to play some games??

[​IMG]

Ja'Wuan is already getting ready. A13OVEAVERAGE is me on Xbox One, hit me up!

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I may have skipped it this year, if I wasn't so excited to play with the Fins. I only play single player offline franchise, and I've been hugely disapointed with how little they've put into that mode and the directions that they've taken it. What I want is a NFL GM simulator where I can also play the games. The game STILL isn't back to where it was on the PS2 however many years ago.

Still, I'll have fun and make it work. Already planning on how I'll deal with the contracts during and after the season.

3. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL

I really wish they'd make their career mode more like my player on NBA 2K, it's so enjoyable going through the story making decisions and talking to other pros. I play some games online against friends or random people, but mainly I just play offline against who we are facing that upcoming week.

4. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Years ago, still on the PS2, I toyed around with the create a player mode where you play as him through his career. Really no interest in it. Franchise mode (at least since they installed it into the game in the late 90s) has always been pretty much the only thing I've done. Did head to head online a little back in 2003-04 when I had broadband, but never liked it.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
  6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hey Madden 16 players, can you do offline franchise with 4 player couch co-op?

7. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I can check later today for 2-player.

I was doing online franchise yesterday and it picked up both my remotes, but I only used one so I didn't check and see if I could utilize the other one.

8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I can't comment on anything multi player, as I only play alone offline. However, I like the feel of the game so far. More challenging than last year. Was down 21-0 vs Chicago in the first preseason game, including a pick-6, at halftime. After struggling in a few other first halves during the preseason (simming the second halves), I gave up on the Fins playbook, went back to the Packers one (which I've rolled with for the past five years or so), and thumped Washington 38-6 in week one. The game was actually closer than that for a long time - like 14-6 at halftime, before they really started to implode. The CPU quarterbacks do seem to really play differently now. Griffin really sucks.

9. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks Stitches. I'd only play it if me and my buddies can all play on the screen at the same time with 4 players. When we meet up at his place that's what we usually do, whether it is NHL, FIFA, or Madden, which we haven't played in years so I'd give 16 a go.

10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Love Madden 16...by far best version ever. The are finally getting past the lame updates they became reknown for. On Xbox One it is really starting to feel like your in an NFL game

11. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I've played through six games of the season with the Fins. The graphics are terrific. The game feels good and responsive, and the balance against the CPU on All Pro default sliders is pretty good. I'm going to mess with the settings a bit, but so far its much better.

Still really lacking some important features in franchise mode that used to be in the game though, and seems to have made others worse for whatever reason.

12. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'll hand it to this year's Madden, you definately don't just get a cookie cutter experience against the CPU every game in franchise mode. In my last two games, I won 52-47 vs Dallas, and then 13-9 vs the Jets.

IMO, the biggest changes in the game, playing on All Pro with default sliders, are that they've toned down the DL, resulting in far less pressure on the CPU QB (though still a realistic number of sacks), and massively toned down the play making ability of the human team DBs. Through 11 games in the regular season, my corners have exactly zero picks. Jones, Aikens and Misi(!!!) share the team lead with three each, two of Rashad's coming in one early season game.

This leads to good CPU QBs being able to sustain drives and put points on the board, and keeping the human offense off the field, leading to closer games. I didn't stop Dallas from scoring a touchdown when the had the ball until the 3rd quarter, when I stripped Romo and ran it back for a TD.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I thoroughly enjoy the game, but my games are not often low scoring for both teams. I've usually been pretty good at defense in all Madden's (and NCAA's) to date though, so I typically force punts or turnovers more often than scores. I'm sure my defense averages like 17 pts a game (against) in 10 min qtrs (with accelerated clock).

14. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I think I'm passing on Madden this year. For one, I still just have a 360. I'm sure that version sucks as the past few have. I hear there's a new version of the XBOne coming out, I may pick that up.

Is the next gen version any good? Just watching Youtube videos of gameplay, it feels like it's the same game. I know last year it was impossible to play defense.

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'm playing the career mode with Tannehill.

My offensive line almost got me killed against Buffalo and New York, sheesh.

So far it's a pretty solid game but I haven't sunk too many hours into it yet.

byroan likes this.
  16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Does it just take practice? I can't play defense with the phins to save my life and I NEVER get a sack. It's almost unplayable how difficult it is. I know that sounds weak but it's not even fun on "pro". I dunno if I like all the different ways to throw the ball. Running the ball seems clunky and good ole madden still doing the whole "oline blocks on a sweep all the way until you get right there to turn the corner and the lineman releases for a TFL"

Frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byroan likes this.
  17. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Last year, I started out terrible on defense, but it eventually clicked for me, and by my third or fourth franchise, I was destroying the CPU almost every game, even after adjusting sliders. This year, for me at least, the big difference is how different it can be from week to week. Over my last 4 or 6 games, Brady and Romo completed over 90% of their passes against me, and I was helpless to stop them. However, I also held Geno Smith and Flacco around 50% too. Time will tell, but I'm thinking that the quality of the DBs (ratings, ect) actually means something now.

My pressures and INTs are WAY down, but it's helping to keep the games close, so its good.

SICK likes this.
  18. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Since we're all Dolphins fans here, I wanted to ask - has anyone else found themselves wearing the new alternates as their base uniform in the game? I really like them, at least compared to the regular one, and switched around mid season in my franchise to using them most of the time, though I wear the "2010s" socks and not the striped ones.

19. khat

khat Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Does Madden 16 have the upgrades to Sun Life?

20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Loving this now. Keep on playing it gets easier

21. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Not perfectly. It has aqua seats, but otherwise looks like it did last year. No adjustments going into 2016. Sad about that, since the new Vikings stadium is in the game starting then, and our changes have been known for a long time.

22. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I've started the 2016 going 3-0, and RT17 has a 12-1 TD/INT ratio. Just hung 63 on Buffalo. I would have taken my starters out, because I was winning 42-7 after the third, but they kept scoring complete BS deep passing TDs, so I kept pouring it on :lol:. The Jets and Ravens played me much tougher the first two weeks. Both games were close in the 4th quarter. I love how the game is more challenging. I have to be just right in order to do well, and the good QBs don't make many mistakes, while the bad ones do. While the off the field aspects still leave something to be desired, IMO this is the most realistic gameday experience of a Madden yet.

SICK likes this.
  23. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Funny because when you end the season they say "last game in old stadium" also wonder if Usi has 9 fingers in roster update or Madden 17

24. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    So after the first season, Sun Life Stadium becomes "Dolphins Venue" and the Stadium is is a complete new staidum, which is SO STUPID lol

25. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Did you choose to do that in Owner mode, perhaps? I'm playing as a coach, not owner, in my first franchise, and its exactly the same in year two for me.

26. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I didin't, im playing as coach, weird, i must have done something.

27. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Inspired to get back into the game and started a new franchise after Gase was hired. I hadn't played since October, and I think that the game plays really, really well after the more recent updates. Assisted tackles are FINALLY tracked properly (its been years!), and CPU defenses really do play differently. I can tear a hole in one team, and then the next week a different one gives me fits.

dgfred likes this.
  28. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    I have rigged my season to make the Dolphins roster almost the same as it really is... waiting to see about re-signing Miller and some of the others. I even dropped both kickers and picked up some low FAs which cost me a couple games. If I leave the Dolphins to the computer they always sign a couple of high priced FA LBs and 1 CB... which they can't really afford.

*One frustration for me is that each team has their Long Snapper on their roster but for their normal position they are rated so low that the computer will always cut them. They also are not on the LS depth chart which defeats the purpose of even having them on the roster.

I also run the Chargers (practicing for a GM League) and Rams (to make sure to move to LA) and play as a FS on the Panthers.
    Love it.

I wanted to play on the Dolphins but you can not play and run the same team... so then they always pick up those extra players.

I immediately fire Philbin, make some changes and sim the season with Gase as the coach.

29. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I always cut the long snapper too. Until the game adds long snapping as a skill and forces the player to keep him on the roster, he's a total waste of space. I created a variety of players to make the roster as realistic as possible starting 2015, but then simmed through 2015 (having played it several times in other franchises already), and did all of the fun offseason stuff before playing out 2016. Now, I'm entering the 2017 offseason.

30. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Did you re-sign Miller? Vernon? Moore? :)

31. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    I made Gase as Pass-Balanced O and Hybrid D ;)

32. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Resigning Miller isn't hard in the game. He's a much better player than his OVR rating indicates as well. Vernon signed elsewhere, but I switched to a 3-4, moved Suh to DE, Wake to OLB, and filled the rest of the front seven with free agents or draft picks.

Cut Moore in the preseason. Hate him. Traded a 6th rounder for McCarron of the Bengals.

dgfred likes this.
  33. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Oh I know... just wondering if you did. I like what you did on D. I also like McCarron... and his wifey.

34. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Do you play on pro or above? I play pro mostly as MLB, FS or SS lately and I have a horrible time tackling (and not because Dolphins, haha) I run by so many tackles it pisses me off. Is it better to dive into tackles or hold the a button at contact. Or do you use the right stick? I know RB is strip. Any advice?

35. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I play on All Pro. Sometimes with adjusted sliders, but right now everything at default. I almost always play as a DL on defense unless I need to switch to someone else to make a tackle. In recent years, they've started to penalize diving for tackles (the square button on PS) by making it a big play button. I only do it when I have a guy lined up square, and then I sometimes still miss. Safer not too a lot of the time.

dgfred likes this.
  36. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    I have regular 360 XBox.

37. dgfred

dgfred Free Agent pickup

Dec 17, 2015
    N.C., USA
    Made a MLB/S 6'0" 190 LBs (my size + 15 lbs) on the 'Phins and I am doing much better. Playing on All-Pro with defaults.
    Tannehill was hurt the first 4 games of the season and is having a slow start on return. I didn't like being a R or L LB because the game would take me out occaisionally. I was also having trouble with linemen/ends blocking me easily. Now I play back more (Safety-ish) and can avoid those blocks and catch running backs in the hole or outside. I am leading the team in tackles just ahead of Jones. Both Grimes and McCain have 5 ints (3-5 record) Hahaha. We had 5 team ints vs Brady!!! Heck yeah.\
    The 'phins still picked up G.Hayes OLB... even tho they could use an OL or two. RT James has given up 6 sacks leading in that horrible category. I like playing as one player and relying on the rest of the team to do their part. I don't play offense unless I am doing another player... ie Dolphins QB ;) . Then I sim the defensive part and STs. Using the 'hit stick' on the x box is how you bust up guys. Another button is dive and another is try to strip. First game of year put RGIII out with a broken back for 7 weeks on an open field hit. Ouch.
    O.Vernon is wreaking havoc and I think my blitzing is giving my CBs lots of interception opportunities. Maybe the game will fire Philbin too if our record doesn't improve... that would be fine. Really fun.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  38. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&t=12&s=ovr_rating:DESC

Here are the ratings for all of the Dolphins in Madden 17. Some weird ones in there. Misi at 85 is crazy high. Bushrod at 81 vs Billy Turner at 68 makes RG an easy choice if you don't alter them. Jordan Phillips got killed at a 63. This year, you can adjust everything about the players, so I'll likely go in and fix some stuff before I start.

Boik14 likes this.
  39. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I am sitting here missing ncaa soooooo bad. Every 4 years is a new roster, love recruiting, and starting freshman to get them experience. I love getting offered bigger better offers after I start with a smaller school (UCF or Temple)......I miss that so ****ing much.

40. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Me too man, I played every single edition of the game that they made, from the start. Wanted even more out of it, like an AD mode where you could hire and fire HC and staff, apply to join or get kicked out of conferences (deeper than what was there), expand the stadium ect. What do we get instead? Greedy Ed Obanon and his buddies ending the fun for millions of people because they're petty.

SICK likes this.