1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you draft Ryan Tannehill?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Csonka Trucks, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Csonka Trucks

Csonka Trucks New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Months ago I was hearing about Tannehill being mentioned as a sleeper. Now he was recently ranked as the 7th highest ranked QB in the NFL in fantasy. Mock drafts also project him higher than QBs such as Rivers, Stafford, Flacco, and even Cam Newton. I understand that the weapons may be better this year for him, and Lazor was able to capitalize on his running abilities last season so that helps as well. But if you are in a 10 team or 12 team league, are you targeting him?

2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I am targeting Tannehill. Though I won't go into the season with him being my only QB. depending on what site you use, ADP is showing him going in the early to mid 9th round as the 13th QB taken.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I am targeting him. Hes a legit matchup QB1 in fantasy if hes going to play the way he played the second half of last year when he averaged 267/1.5 TD and under 1 interception per game. With improved skill players and a more experienced and cohesive OL there is upside for him to be a true fantasy #1 QB not just a matchup based play. Fantasy wise I have him as the 12th best QB (although in real life I have him at 10th) because while his INT's are under 1 per game and his completion percentage is high, he doesnt have the huge yardage totals (11th last year) or the 30 TD passing plateau. IMO his ADP positions him as a perfect QB for a team targeting skill players early and QB's in those mid rounds. His ADP is also not reflective of his upside.

4. Csonka Trucks

Csonka Trucks New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    You both make sense. I'm not targeting him but I would take him if the rest of my team was stacked. The only thing that worries me is our offensive line against the division's defensive lines. If he has no time to throw he's screwed.

5. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I didn't get him this yr although I would have been happy to. He was the 9th overall point total last yr. Whats not to like there?

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I did just pick him up in my slow live draft. He was the 9th QB taken in the draft which is appropriate IMO.
    Outside of A Luck, I really believe the gap between the #2 QB (Rodgers) and the #10 QB (fantasy wise) is the smallest gap in years. Both my drafts, I'm waiting to the later rounds and then picking up 2 QBs - like Tannehill and Stafford, then loading up on RBs/WRs in the early rounds. I'm also nabbing Kelce in the 3rd round if I can get him. I think he has a big year and is easily the #2 TE behind Gronk.

7. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    yeah, you have to look at the schedule and think about QBs to sub for Tannehill, especially when we play Buffalo and NYJ on the road.
    For example, the week we play @ Buffalo, Philip Rivers has a home game on MNF vs the horrid Bears defense, which is why I picked Rivers as my backup QB.
    Then when we play @ NYJ, Rivers has a matchup on road vs JAX. not great, but not bad either

8. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Curious.. How many Dolphins players are too many to draft on a single Fantasy team.. lol. It's an easy argument to say that Tannehill, Miller, Landry, and the DST will all have Top 10 potential.

9. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I'm not going near our wr aside from depth players because the week to week consistency target wise may not be there. We are really deep at the skill positions. Ryan Tannehill, Miller and the D are who I'm targeting

10. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    could not get Tannehill last night. surprisingly, he was the #8 QB taken. I think his ADP is going up. In a 12 person league, I unfortunately ended up with Eli Manning.
    I did get the following lineup, so I feel pretty good.

Eli Manning (no backup)
    Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, Ameer Abdullah (flex)
    - (backups Doug Martin and Matt Jones)
    AJ Green, Amari Cooper and Jarvis Landry
    - (backup is M Wheaton)
    Travis Kelce
    Cody Parker
    Buffalo Defense (backup = Miami).

I took Miami as backup defense for first few games of the schedule, plus Buffalo is playing Indy week 1, so Miami vs Washington is clear upgrade.

11. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I drafted him in the 4th round of a 12 team keeper league (2 keepers). So, the equivalent of the 6th round in a redraft. Luck and A-Rod were kept. The QB's that came off before him were Wilson, Brady, Big Ben and Breesy. I took him over Ryan, and I like Ryan as a QB #1 (had him last year). But, I just think Tanny takes the next step this season and not only ends up in the top five of fantasy QB's, but also takes this team into the playoffs. That's right, you heard me. We stay healthy and keep Mr. Tannehill protected and I like our chances to make the playoffs. We may not win the division, but I think 9-7 or 10-6 gets us in as a wildcard.

Go Phins!