1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gret place to watch CFB films.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Tone_E, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I just found this sub-reddit that links a bunch of CFB games. They have a bunch of classic games currently on the first page but page 2 or 3 has a bunch of the 2015 spring games (Oregon, Michigan State, Texas, Kansas, etc.) if you guys wanna check out some prospects for the upcoming season. I just found the forum but I believe it will be regularly updated during the course of the 2015 season. Worth a bookmark for now at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBUploads

ToddPhin likes this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Nice. Did a quick search and it looks like they may have:

2014 Colorado State vs. Colorado
    2014 Arizona State vs. Colorado
    2014 Utah vs. Colorado

I am interested in these games as I have another quarterback pet project I'm trying to follow. If those games are truly there in some downloadable form then that would be a boon because there's an extreme lack of tape on Colorado football, most likely because they were so bad. The quarterback is Sefo Liufau, nephew of the original Throwin Samoan who was drafted in the top five by the Bengals to play quarterback way back in the day.

Sefo Liufau of Colorado was 75 of 116 for 6 TDs, 3 INTs...with 14 runs for 85 yards, 6 sacks for -34 yards lost...in the 3 games above. All were against very good teams, very good defenses. He had a good wide receiver at his disposal in Nelson Spruce, but I'm not sure what kind of quality he had elsewhere on that offense.

Colorado were 2-10 this year, mostly because the defense couldn't stop anyone. They allowed an average of 42 points per game in their 10 losses.

Did Sefo Liufau throw 15 interceptions (3.0%) because they were constantly under scoreboard pressure? Or were his interceptions part of the scoreboard pressure? You could lay claim to both, as he threw 5 interceptions in the 4th quarter when they were likely trailing and under pressure, but he also threw 6 interceptions in the 1st quarter when it had to be too early to be feeling that kind of heat. He threw 5 picks (2.3%) while tied or ahead, 10 picks (3.6%) while behind.

Did he throw 28 touchdowns (5.6%) because of garbage time? He did throw 6 touchdowns while trailing by 15+ points. In fact he had a 92.9 passer rating while behind 15+ points, versus an 88.6 at all other points. The most stark contrast between the two splits being that his interception rate was only 1.0% while behind a whole lot, while his yards per attempt was a paltry 5.1 yards (thanks to a 7.9 yards per completion). It paints a picture of him just taking a bunch of underneath routes that aren't going to win the game, avoiding risk but not getting much in return. Yet the 6 touchdowns during that split...there's no such thing as a bend-then-break defense. During times when his offense was still in the contest, his YPA was up to 6.8 and his interception rate up to 3.5%, so he was taking more chances.

What draws me to the kid aside from his ideal size and arm is his execution. He looks very physically savvy in the way he executes football plays, looks like he thinks very quickly. Processing speed is something I'm always going to be drawn to with quarterbacks so it's important for me to see how they throw their interceptions and/or why their yards per attempt looks conservative.

Tone_E likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Bollocks. The Colorado games are just links to noonkick.se pages where the videos have been deleted. Grrrr...