1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz Thursday report: Dolphins practice nuggets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Jordan Phillips and emerging Anthony Johnson have received most of the second-team work at defensive tackle, leaving veteran CJ Mosley at risk. Johnson has been very disruptive in practice this week, including a sack Thursday.

"The thing I really like about him,” Philbin said, “is the way he plays the game first and foremost. I think he’s aggressive. He plays hard and fast. His technique has improved over year one.”

Ryan Tannehill, who struggled with the deep ball throughout camp last year, has improved his touch dramatically. He completed two more vertical throws today, including a 50-yarder to Rishard Matthews, who beat Louis Delmas.

Regarding Evan Mathis, Armando Salguero (as reported in his blog) and I both heard this morning that dialogue remains ongoing.

The Dolphins have interest in Mathis but not (yet) at the price he wants, which is in the $5.5 million range. The Dolphins might be motivated to increase what they're willing to pay if the young guards struggle in Friday's scrimmage and/or Thursday's preseason opener at Chicago.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...tes-goldens-thoughts-after-day-1-of-camp.html

DOLPHAN1, SICK, Ohio Fanatic and 5 others like this.
  2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    This article was dead on my thoughts. WE will know more about the G situation tonight. I don't know if I would wait until Chi. How much of this is related to Mathis maybe wanting to wait to avoid the rigors of camp? I will say this, at $5.5 million for a year, that is a bargain if our Guards are not up to snuff.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Need to just go ahead and pay Mathis to hold the spot down for a year. We can't screw around with this offensive line this year.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm pretty sure he's looking for a multi-year deal.

Fin4Ever likes this.