1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz Saturday notes: A dozen tidbits from Day 3 of Dolphins camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 1, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Tripp, meanwhile, said he’s a “completely different” player than a year ago, 10 to 15 pounds heavier “and a lot better.” He said he had an appendectomy late in preseason last year and that took a while to recover from.

In training camp’s first practice in pads, Ndamukong Suh predictably got the better of guard Billy Turner, including one play that might have resulted in Ryan Tannehill losing a body part in normal game circumstances.

Jarvis Landry was nearly unstoppable early in practice, beating several cornerbacks for substantial gains. Brice McCain threw his hands in disgust when Landry beat him on one play.

The Dolphins continued to alternate guards, with Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas getting first-team work at left guard and Turner and Jeff Linkenbach at right guard. Douglas had a couple of strong blocks on running plays and has been the best of the group, at least in my eyes.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...mp-broadcast-news-on-some-familiar-names.html

scarolinaphan likes this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Easy to forget about Jordie Tripp but I was very impressed with him in preseason last year. I thought he played like Kevin Coyoe wants his LBs to play. And let's face it even if you like one of these UDFAs, he should have the advantage over them by a long shot.

djphinfan, rafael and PhinFan1968 like this.
  3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Certainly should...and it sounds like he's improving his standing already this camp. It's good to read how vocal and active he's been in the practices...can never have too much of that.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Tripp is such a solid future player, I wouldnt mind one bit if someone got injured and he came in, in fact id be excited for him, just has that feel to make plays...go back and watch his college tape, its all there to see..range, speed, and instincts..

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    also remember, jelani jenkins just turned 23 years old...thats a young fast athletic trio.