1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Albert- Ready for camp, No PUP

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article29271796.html

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    holy ****!!!!!!!!!

Clark Kent likes this.
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    Parker will start on PUP though

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Albert's recovery is the one thing about the 2015 season that I'm worried about (as of now, knock on wood). This is some seriously awesome news.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    All the reports about Albert (outside of that "is he limping?" scare) have been positive. The insiders have been insistent that there has been no concern and that he's either on track or ahead of schedule. My faith in them and their info has minimized any worries on this that I may have had.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  6. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Good News indeed. Was my single biggest concern going into the season. His play on the left last year was excellent and his leadership created some cohesion out there. I assume they will bring him along slowly to minimize set backs.

Now I just have to worry about our guards.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    You could argue that his injury (along with the implosion of our defense) was the difference between the first half of the season and our second half. Our OL went from decent to really bad (helped along by some head-scratching OL shuffles by our coaching staff).

Tin Indian and Unlucky 13 like this.
  8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Albert being healthy - and this looks like a best case scenerio - was probably the most important question mark that we had going into camp. Though I wasn't worrying, this is still awesome news!

Clark Kent likes this.
  9. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Not surprising "news." It's been stated by all involved, throughout, that he'd be ready. Let the bugaboos go people!

10. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Ya know, I don't think there is any argument at all. There was our line play with Albert and our line play after Albert that was giving up sacks at the same rate as that horrible unit from the year before.
    A clear line of demarcation between the two.

rafael likes this.
  11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I was saying that the argument was over what was the biggest factor, our OL implosion or our D implosion. Some people want to blame it on Tannehill or the coaches, but IMO it was clearly two key injuries, Albert and Delmas that were most responsible for our late season collapse. (Although, I do believe that the coaching staff handled those issues poorly and made things worse). I see the health of those two units as the key to our season, along with other obvious and usual key players like Tannehill, Suh, etc. I'm not worried about Tannehill progressing or other players developing outside of getting at least competent G play. I think Tannehill is already at the point where given the support of a healthy team that he'll put up excellent numbers.