1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The off-season WAS pretty quiet in the media for us........

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SICK, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
  2. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    ESPN is a joke, can't believe he got that award!

I learned how to play football on Bruce Jenner Field in Newtown, CT when I played Pop Warner haha

Fin4Ever likes this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Its show biz dont forget. You can ask why did a Boston Red Sox fan give an award to a Yankee .Why did Favre give an award to Rodgers when the former did nothing to help the upcoming star along.
    Because of the drama it creates IMO . Thats why reality shows are succesful .Drama, whether its true or created.

PhinFan1968 and Fin4Ever like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You have a choice.....go to war and fight for the country or publicly become a woman.....which do you choose?

Doesn't that prove what Jenner did is courageous?

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Hopefully this doesnt bring too much bad light on Juice and our team in the media. They love this ****.

VManis and ckparrothead like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I dont understand his context, is he making fun of the situation?...he doesn't say anything else after that?, is he just posing the question innocently?

cause if he is then he's pretty stupid for even mocking such a thing..

7. btfu149

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was checking out Juice's twitter feed, right before this tweet he was talking about how inspired he was by Still, so I assume he was upset that Leah Still didn't win.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yes it does..tremendously so..the pain these kids go thru for being born a certain way is the cruelest thing mankind has to offer..The lack of common sense involved to not understand that this is an inception thing is mind boggling to me, the pain and anguish that these kids go thru especially thru their teenage years by other human beings makes me very angry and very untrustworthy of those people.

Fin D likes this.
  9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    it doesn't matter, you don't trash such a serious life saving situation, it just tells me he was brought up by ignorant parents, or semi racist parents, or he's just young and dumb in aspects of his life.

10. btfu149

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nevermind I see Still won an award for perseverance, he wasn't up for the courage award.

11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    No. Not a good comparison at all imo. Those are two entirely separate events. I don't want to do either, but I have never ever felt like I needed to be a woman, so given the choice between "you are now a woman forever" vs a tour of duty in the military, I would choose the latter. Not that I would choose either if I didn't have to.

If focusing on transgenderism as courageous (something I do not fundamentally oppose), then I think it may have been more interesting to try and see if they could find an example of an active athlete fighting for acceptance, or facing a ban due to the change but challenging it, or a story of that nature, rather than a wealthy, famous person who also happens to be part of the nations biggest sideshow.

I do think there is a segment of people that are disguising their intolerance for this issue under the term of "non-courageous" however.

Fin D likes this.
  12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Sure as hell looks to me like he's mocking the concept that what Caitlyn Jenner did showed courage.

Listen, you can be upset that someone else you feel is deserving didn't get the award...without necessarily being disrespectful or bigoted. It is possible. Unfortunately, few of the people that believe someone else should have gotten the award actually take that route. They go straight for the bigoted comments.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yeah I don't think so, i think the awareness of his coming out, after his known history, can save lives starting the moment he was doing it.That doesnt make this decision a publicity stunt, the Arthur Ashe foundation understands this...

racism against gay, or transgender, etc is just as horrific as any racism.

14. btfu149

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    DJ, I agree that trans issues are huge and real and I feel very sorry for what they go through. I don't believe Jenner is legit though, publicity stunt IMO, Jenner hasn't even gotten rid of his junk.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I believe this is how he's felt his whole life mentally..i think thats very obvious..he just happened to be born with elite male physical traits..

16. btfu149

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hope you are right, but I just don't trust that family. Jenner's no longer married to the Kardashians mother, killed someone in a crash.....Jenner's star was falling. Caitlyn claimed that all she wanted was to transition and live out her life quietly, yet now Jenner is signed up to do a new nationally televised TV show. Also it sounds like Jenner has no intention to remove the male organ.

Hopefully I am wrong and everything Caitlyn has done is legit, it would be a huge win for transgenders everywhere. I only mentioned Still because you had asked for context.

17. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Well, we know he won't go to war and fight for his country....Don't we.

He/She is too old.....lol

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    im not debating whether he is being forthright with the issue, i think its silly...

the award is not about competition when all folks involved deserve the award, its about saving peoples lives.kids that are being bullied, ridiculed, beaten up and killed..or just taking upon themselves to alleviate the pain.

19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    what does that supposed to mean?

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    oh, i didn't see the old part....real funny man.

21. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Is'nt this discussion a form of politics....it sure seems so to me...maybe it should move to the pofo forum? Please y'all....let's not go much further with this discussion.

22. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

Do you still live in CT? I'm in Fairfield.

Did you know they renamed the field a number of years ago because Jenner wouldn't help fund or even help them raise money for its upkeep.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  23. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This is looking more like a pofo discussion than a football one.

Fin4Ever likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.