1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats OL Connolly Retires

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Galant, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    NFL.com

"Dan Connolly is stepping away from the game.

A long-time staple on the Patriots' offensive line, he was a part of the team's 2014 Super Bowl title and three conference titles between 2007 and 2014.
    Connolly, whose contract with New England expired after the 2014 season, had one free agent visit this offseason with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but left without a contract.
    "It's important to me to leave the game healthy," Connolly told ESPN.com. "I'm able to be here for my kids and walk away on my own terms. I feel like I got everything I could out of football in playing 10 years, winning a Super Bowl, and playing alongside some truly great players."
    Connolly made 89 appearances and 71 starts over eight seasons and played across the interior of New England's offensive line. He gave up just one sack in 13 starts last year.
    The move continues a reshaping of Tom Brady's offensive line which began a year ago following the Logan Mankins deal. Now, the pressure builds for fourth-round picks Tre' Jackson and Shaq Mason, both of whom will likely have a shot at the opening."

--------------------------------------------------

Another potential suitor for Mathis? (If the Phins are even interested.)

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    The fevered nightmares of Wake/Suh/Vernon must have had something to do with it. No doubt in my mind.

Here's to hoping Tommy Boy's got enough lube.

danmarino, CashInFist and SICK like this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    NEXT MAN UP!!!!

That's what the Pats do, they don't get scared, it is just get that next man ready...