1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you can't view my other thread on this...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jul 7, 2015.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    hate that he cant strengthen his lower body right now..he's gonna be good if this foot is not chronic, unfortunately this injury kept him out of half of season, now surgery, Id be dishonest if I didn't say I was concerned..a foot that has metal in it, in that spot, two surgeries, just a bit concerned..

CashInFist and Fin4Ever like this.
  3. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    It's fair to be concerned. I hope and pray he comes out stronger when he comes out of it.

4. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
  5. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Sorry, this app doesn't have the ability to edit. I'll work on that.

6. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Intramedullary screw fixation of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures in athletes

Abstract

Objective

The purpose of this study was to review the short- and long-term clinical and radiological results of intramedullary compression screw fixation of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures in athletes.

Methods

Eleven male and six female active patients with fifth metatarsal zone II and zone III fractures fixed with a 4.5-mm cannulated compression screw were evaluated by chart review, review of radiographs, and clinical evaluation. Fifteen of the patients were high-level athletes (soccer: n=11; basketball: n=1; track and field: n=3) and two were recreational-level athletes. Mean follow-up from surgery to evaluation was 54 (38-70) months.

Results

Mean time to healing as shown on radiographs and mean time to return to full activity after surgery were 7.3 and 7.5 weeks, respectively. All patients were able to return to their previous levels of activity. There were no reports of union delay, nonunion or refracture to date.

Conclusion

In our patients, cannulated screw fixation of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures was a reliable procedure with low morbidity associated that provided athletes a quick return to activity. Level of Evidence I, Case Series.

Screw Types

Bpk, Fin4Ever and djphinfan like this.
  7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He had a loose screw, not really a re-aggravation of the injury itself AFAIK.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    anything that takes two months to recover from is not just a loose screw, Im sure there was pain being inflicted, thats two months of sedentary lifestyle, so the way I look at it is a 4month setback because he should of been working on improving strength and conditioning in these last two months getting ready for the season..

The foot is a sensitive creature, the analysis above is good to read, but this kids rookie campaign will not be as good as it could of been, and thats just a fact.

9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    With the rehab work done today, his age and overall fitness level, he will likely not see much atrophy. I think he'll be fine, and honestly we don't need to rush him back.

77FinFan likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    pretty sure he's non weight bearing Con for the majority, so atrophy in inevitable...this isn't a ligament or muscle, I'm not that concerned though , results from this injury are positive, but why twice I ask myself, who did what the first time..we don't know the integrity.

Bpk likes this.
  11. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Hopefully have a #1 for a lot of years to come so make sure he takes the time he needs, even if the team has to make him take that time.

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. No reason to rush him back with the roster we've got assembled. This receiving corps is stacked. I'm more than happy to let the vets do their thing and bring Parker along slowly to ensure his long term health. And truthfully w/Kenny Stills on a two year deal, I'm eager to see him get as many reps as possible. Stills developing chemistry w/Tannehill is of the utmost importance, short and long term. I liked the trade w/NO but he's still something of a wildcard. Moreso than Jennings, Landry, and Parker IMO.

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Hmmm...I wouldnt say that is going to be a fact bro, look how much time Odel Beckham was out for the Giants. As well, look at Parkers own history....he missed time his last season, and first game back was a monster. Devante will be just fine...

14. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

These are all great questions for FFG...but I know shes not concerned and if shes not concerned, Im not...girl knows her ****

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    your missing my point, the body is not being trained so its missing out on the benefits of those results, so you have two things going in opposite direction temporarily of course, the gains he would of made if he was healthy, and the losses that come with a foot injury that doesn't allow you to train your lower half, he will be good I'm sure, but all I'm saying is he would of been better

Bpk likes this.
  16. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Opportunity cost.