1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lynch Looking To Make Up For Lost Time

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jul 5, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    “From a rep standpoint, I still feel like I was kind of a rookie (this spring) but mentally I feel like I was a little bit ahead of the game just from mental reps, you do a lot of that, especially when you come out here and you’re in every single meeting room,” Lynch said. “This is your job. It’s not like college where you’re sitting there and half your day is in the classroom. This is your classroom. For me, I learned a lot, was able to kind of hit the ground running from a mental standpoint and just to be able to be cleared medically and not having restrictions and just being able to compete and not have that kind of thing lingering in the back of your mind was really what I was hoping I would get out of this OTAs and I think I was able to do that.”

“First off, they just want us to compete first and foremost,” Lynch said. “I think we’ve all done a good job of that up to this point. I’ve got to go with what kind of got me here — that’s being a physical guy in the run game, both pass blocking and run blocking. That’s kind of how I first got noticed out of high school, that’s what got me noticed in college and hopefully I’ll continue to do that while I’m here."

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...ost-Time/c5920073-d683-408d-b109-fdd0c539c107

--

I still think that Lynch is being overlooked, especially given our shaky OL. He's a very solid and physical blocker, good hands and knows how to get open. A physical, run blocking TE who I could see paired with Sims or Cameron, or in a 1 TE set, as the situation dictates. Solid player, physical force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZZHM7aOls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwTFzfdVzg

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think his roster spot is in jeopardy to a degree where they might go out and find someone specifically to replace him as a #3.

He's a solid in-line blocker, but he did a fair amount of lead blocking in college and he didn't look very good at it. He's going to have a hard time getting on the field when so much of the blocking game is trapping and creating cutback lanes.

3. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I like the kid, but he's looking more and more like he was a wasted pick. Granted not many 5th rounders pan out, but he was a head scratcher of a pick. Hope everything works out for him though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    TE out of Georgia is a good gamble in the 5th.

I mean,remember the TE we got a few years ago with Sparano...Joey bag'o doughnuts from whatsamatta U.

Seriously, anyone remember that dude.

5. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    As good of a blocker he is, maybe he can put on some weight and play GUARD...j/k....I really liked his game at Georgia..not only was he a pretty good blocker, but man could he get open...Murray hit Lynch down the seam so many times over the course of a couple of seasons..seems like every time th a I watched Georgia, this kid was catching passes.

6. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Did you watch the above clips on him? He threw several nice block in there..one springs Gurley for a TD...another one the lead block is Lynch on the long TD run...and the dude is always open in the passing game. Reminds me of Gronk a little bit...Lynch is tough as nails..blocks really well in a ZBS.

7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that he's probably the front runner for the 3rd TE spot, but that doesn't mean all that much. He's a late rounder who has yet to play in a game in the NFL. I hope that he does well, but whoever ends up at the spot is a distant third on the depth chart.

Fin4Ever and 77FinFan like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    looks like a third string tight end imo.

9. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    That's in your opinion....I have mho on him...watched him play many times....and what I posted was my opinion of what I thought of him...plus I did not attach a position number on him, I just talked about the player...time will decide, but I am all in on Lynch.

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    and your disagreeing with what in my post above?, that he's gonna be something more?.

11. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Well, right now he is 3rd string with a few guys trying to win the 3rd spot. It will be a heckuva camp battle...I see him as a #2 TE but he will not beat Sims out at this point...kid has awesome hands and moves.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    so you have him as a 3rd string tight end then..You must think Sims is even more awesome?

as long as Sims is here thats his only shot..his only comp this year is stoneburner I guess, preseason one of them should flash if their worth anything.

13. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    their is also that huge guy tim semisch that 6-8 monster

Fin4Ever likes this.
  14. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Not at all. Besides DJ, that is what we were talking about...does he keep his spot, lose it, or move up...that was my thinking at first. I like his talent...We need 3 good tight ends, right?

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well, he aint moving up, and he's in jeopardy of moving down, but my overall eval of him is he looks like a third, could be a third on another team, but a third no less..now thats just based on college film because we don't have much else to go on..

I hope he kicks all these scrubs asses, he's a draft pick..

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lynch has a future in the CFL..

17. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Lol...our whole team does I think, according to you...I just want to see it all play out in camp and whomever wins the job, more power to them and hopefully they do a good job when/if called upon.

18. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Dion Sims is averaging under 10 receiving yards per game in his two year career. In somewhat of a breakout year last year he had 284 yards receiving. I liked him coming out of college, I liked him better when he dropped some weight and I'm glad he's on the team. He's a pretty good blocker, but I think that Lynch is a better blocker. Lynch is a tough dude, has size and hands and knows how to run good routes and get open. He's not a seam busting TE, but then again neither is Sims, that's Cameron's role. As overall TE's, I think that Lynch is far closer to Sims in ability than this board is giving him credit for, and it wouldn't surprise me if Lynch gets involved in the offense this year and cuts into Sims' playing time, maybe if they go for a power formation in certain situations we'll see Sims and Lynch, no Cameron- who knows. Lynch a solid all around TE and I'm glad he's on the roster.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  19. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Seemed like a jag to me in college with minimal upside. Quite disappointed we took him with Caraun Reid still on the board.

djphinfan likes this.
  20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    same guy I wanted.

21. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Well, since he only played a couple of downs in One Preseason game last year before hitting the IR, I am going to wait and see.
    Honestly, we have no clue what we have with this guy right now.