1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whatcha cookin for the 4th?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bpk, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Got me some flatiron, picanha, some oyster steaks... a bunch of kielbasa for sausage on-a-bun, ground chorizo to crisp up in a pan with brussels sprouts and sherry vinegar... and finishing it all with rendered pork lardo butter to finish the meat -- and servin' it up with chimichurri sauce and dirty-ketchup.

This is gonna be good!!!!

What are y'all killin' and grillin'?
    [​IMG]

2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Sounds like a plan... lol...

Grilling/smoking a boston butt for a while before throwing it into a crock pot with chopped onions and garlic to finish it for a few hours. It'll fall apart, then I'll mix it with Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce and some Cajun seasoning for some heat with the sweet. Serve it up with pickles and buns. Other than that, some homemade fat burgers and some franks. The kids are wanting brats, so some of those as well. Will make a huge cast iron pan of country squash from the garden out back as well and reduce it with onions and garlic and a ton of butter until I get a little char going and it's the consistency of mashed potatoes. Throw some shredded cheese on it and serve. Good stuff. The squash always gets wiped out first.

And beer. Lazy Magnolia's Sweet Potato Stout. lol...

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Vegetarian BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers.

I know, I know, but its actually pretty good.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well that's just plain un'merican.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Rocky Raccoon and McLovin like this.
  5. Bpk

Amazing. Love bbq butt. Lol.

That cast iron squash and beer sound fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Cooked two cheeseburgers on the Foreman. Corn on the cob and mashed potatos, and a few Bud Lites. Honestly, its a meal that my wife and I do a few times a month, but it felt appropriate.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you know what I despise, men who think they know how to grill, then take a steak off it and immediately cut into it.and act like their sh&^ is right...happened all nite...wanted to strangle him

SICK and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    ive been to many barbeques and i can safely say ive only enjoyed about a tenth of them. A lot of people dont know how to grill, they just know how to burn stuff and give you flavorless pieces of rubber.

9. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Did you tell them how you wanted it before hand? Because otherwise, how could they know?

My beef (pun intended) is when someone assumes that I want my food cooked a certain way because most other people do. Especially when I ask for it to be cooked extra well and they give it to me bleeding inside. Makes me sick. Had that happen at a resturant when I was on vacation a few weeks ago.

10. Bpk

You have to let meat rest, so it pulls the juices back in and the muscle relaxes again.

Anyways, my meat turned out okay but not great imo. Others enjoyed it. I did the hangar med rare, the oyster med,and the picanha medium (just a hint of pink color left) for those who were concerned about undercooked meat. The sausages were the best, imo. Because I had so many people I couldn't execute in a timely manner on my small hardwood charcoal grill so had to use the larger gas grill. Lost a lot of flavor as a result.

In future, I limit the invites. I hate bland meat.

Chimichurri helped, but still. Missing that smokey wood flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

This reads differently than intended.

Bpk likes this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I mean this was a brazilian barbecue , as in all folks were brazilian, and I'm just sitting there not speaking the language but watching his moves, the only think that saved it was because he put that real coarse brazilian salt on the meat so..

ya know that he did put a rack of ribs on the grill, and lot of folks think low and slow, hell he just cooked them til they were done, and there were just good and juicy, not like fall off the bone, had some give and take, but still juicy salty naughtiness, good flavor with all that caramelization from the fire..

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I know its better but I still don't mind gas, I like to control the temp and color.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

I like to surprise folks when I grill and go and find the fattiest pork chops I can find, and just threw em on there get em all crisped up and let em suck the juice and fat of the burt edges..they aways love it..plus its a finger food, don't need a knife or fork..always get same reaction..about 2 mins of silence then a ''damn, that was a good chop man''.

cause folks don't eat pork chops so when they finally get one and its like that, where they cant sit there and trim the crap out of it and just eat it, they love it.