1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Walker on Dolphins & AFC East

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jul 3, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    ''national perspective on the miami dolphins is that your soft''

put it up in the locker room and see what happens.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I truly think the addition of Suh will instill a toughness this D did not have last year. This one player could seriously bring this defense together in a good way.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  3. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I think there are some key pieces who will contribute to the overall toughness of the team this next season and we will see a big difference in that aspect, both on offense and defense.

Some of them were brought in this offseason... others were already on the team but just haven't played enough to contribute so far, but this season they will continue developing and likely get more playing time.

To me these key pieces are are:

On defense: Ndamukong Suh, C.J. Mosley, Jamar Taylor, and Chris McCain.

On offense: Billy Turner, Jordan Cameron, DeVante Parker, and Jay Ajayi.

All of these guys have a certain grit to their playing style in their respective positions and will help turn up the toughness knob on our team.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    continue to change the culture..Suh and Landry are our leaders moving forward..next draft and free agency..need to target some tough mothers.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Not Tannehill? He needs to be our leader.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    without question, will be watching closely how asserts his leadership, then maintains it, its been a slow process, I think he's the type that has to learn how to become one, and needed certain players to be departed..

Its a basic sense of urgency that he needs when taking his offense to the field, its why I talk about him running with the football on purpose early in the game, its to show his teammates that he's going to be bringing the full dimensions of his skill set today no matter the situation and will do everything to convert, if its on the first drive, and its 3rd and 4 and he drops, and theres enough room for him to take off and get it, just say fu&^ the pass and run for it, the derivative affects it will have on the game moving forward will be so much more important then him just trying to execute the pass called, thats what some folks don't get..If he figures this out, it will send the right message to his teammates and the opposition, right now when ryan goes back to pass they don't worry about him running, cause he doesn't...and thats wrong..

7. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I totally disagree with the idea that Tannehill should disregard going thru his reads and arbitrarily decide to run the ball. For any reason.

8. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    The team wasn't soft, it had below average line play on O and D, no depth anywhere and not too many leaders last year.
    Injuries/depth are key to any team succeeding, hence why we weren't better than the 8-8 record last season.
    How many players went to IR last season that were starters? How many as a whole...11-12?

Fin4Ever likes this.
  9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    its called as you know setting a tone, it does connect to leadership, and if you disagree with the premise than you disagree with other pro qbs that have done itand do it on purpose...correct, they don't care what play is called they are gonna see the lane, tuck it and run, cause their smart qbs and they know what it does to the defense and their teammates..

10. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    That is another reason I want Luc at Mike...He is one tough son of a gun plus he can create some turnovers for us..dude is a thumper.

11. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I also believe that Tannehill will be the Leader on offense, as well as being one of the leaders overall on the team.

12. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Nah. I'm talking specifically about Tannehill. A guy like Wilson, who's better on the move than he is in the pocket, Im all for him playing that style. But for RT I think he's at his best from the pocket and with designed movement. Hopefully he'll develop that skill you're alluding to but it's an either you have it or you don't type of thing imo.

13. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    From 2013 when he won the Super Bowl (looking for 2014 numbers)

INSIDE THE POCKET

322 attempts
    213 completions
    2,568 yards
    20 TDs
    5 INTs
    66.1 completion percentage
    8.0 yards per attempt
    6.2 TD percentage
    1.6 INT percentage
    104.7 passer rating

OUTSIDE OF THE POCKET

153 attempts
    87 completions
    1,313 yards
    9 TDs
    4 INTs
    56.9 completion percentage
    8.6 yards per attempt
    5.9 TD percentage
    2.6 INT percentage
    93.9 passer rating

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/russell-wilson-2013-passing-stats-insideoutside-pocket/

Wilson has had the highest rate of pressure on his dropbacks than any other QB which is why you find him outside the pocket so much. More than 40% I think. Anyway, not to turn it into another Wilson debate but let's get those facts straight.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

His and our loss if he doesn't figure it out..