1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside the defense with Jelani Jenkins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jun 29, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    when it comes to jelani its gonna be about whether or not he wants to be a great football player, he's got the athleticism, the body, the quick twitch speed, the intellect, will he stay content with being a solid player in the league or will he take the steps, does he have the passion to be great..

Fin4Ever likes this.
  2. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    He looks kinda shy on film...with as athletic as he is I hope he has that fire within his belly to be great because it is right there for him if he wants it bad enough.

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    This will be something that I want to watch this season to see if he has the "it" factor.

4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    He has the potential to be a good player. He's good in coverage. I hope he can take it to the next level..

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Wait... I thought he was doing pretty well? I mean, he could take it to the next level, but to hope he gets his **** together makes it sound like he's struggling or something. Is he? Maybe I'm out of date on my info.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    no your right, sceeter must of misspoke, he's payed well for as young as he is. {just turned 23} but being great and sustaining takes another level of commitment..we'll see if its important to him..Like he said in the interview he's been getting by on his athleticism..lets hope he's got the work ethic to outsmart the game, he's got the intellect to do so..4.0 scholar type sh^%..

I know that he had a junk food problem in college so I'm hoping that has changed..

7. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, I did bro. I meant for him to take it to the next level. Rushing. :pointlol: Fixed.

8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    not to be nitpicky, but getting good grades doesn't necessarily mean he sees the big picture of what it takes to be a star player. It increases the odds of that happening, but I wouldn't assume that it's a given. Being booksmart just means he's not stupid.