1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win/Loss & Season Stats Predictions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jun 29, 2015.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    This is simple but have fun with it (unless you want to be serious). Give me the final record for the season. Then give a few players end of season stats. I'll start it off...

13-3 record

Tannehill: 4,825yds 40TDs 3INTs

Miller 1,450 yds 12 TDs

Landry 102 Rec, 1330yds 13TDs

Wake/Suh/OV combine for 35 sacks

Now it's your turn. It doesn't have to be this way. Be as creative as you want.

Ready...Set... Go

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    With those stats, we should be undefeated lol.

Record: 11-5
    Reasoning: Miami SHOULD go 5-0 to start the season. There's not an unbeatable team during first 5 games. In fact, they're a few gimmes (Tenn, Washington, and Jax). Buffalo @ Miami should be a W, they have no QB despite a great defense. And NYJ @ Miami (England - Wembly) should be a W too for the same reasons as Buffalo. Although the trip to Wembly makes me nervous as it's not a true home game... The NFL shouldn't have sent division rivals to England. Too much at stake. Tough stretch after that, including @ NE, @ Buffalo, @ Philly. Strong start, tougher finish, IMO.

Tannehill stats: 36 TD's/10 INTs, 4400 yards.
    Reasoning: Sky's the limit w/Tannehill and his weapons. I could honestly see him having an Andrew Luck type of year with around 40 TD's.

1). He's continuing to progress as a QB in general. But also within the offense itself, going into year 2 of Lazor's scheme.
    2). The weapons on this offense are insane. Much like GB's offense a few years back, there's no clear cut #1 but everyone is capable of stepping into that role week to week, play to play. Everyone fits out scheme... Mike Wallace never fit w/Sherman or Lazor. Hartline and Gibson didn't fit with Lazor. Now, we have 4 receivers that not only have talent, but fit the scheme. Then add in an athletic freak like Cameron at TE, and this might be the best group of receivers Miami has ever had at once. There's only two groups that come close. The mid 80's Dolphins w/Clayton, Duper, Moore, and Bruce Hardy. And 2006's Chambers, Welker, Booker, McMichael (all of whom wasted w/Harrington and Culpepper, but would of been formidable with Brees IMO).
    3). Miami likes to throw the ball. Now they actually have the physicality needed w/Parker, Cameron, and some extent Greg Jennings to execute in the red zone. Sorry, but Wallace, Gibson, Landry and especially Hartline were not built for the red zone... At all. Much needed balance now.

WR Stats -Most catches: Juice Landry (When your WR corps is stacked, the smaller guys get lost in the shuffle. Will see great matchups all season b/c attention being paid elsewhere. Most Yards: Greg Jennings (Strong with YAC, combined with other skillset). Most TD's: Jordan Cameron (Too big and athletic for LB's and DB's will be busy with the other quality WR's). Most YPR: Kenny Stills (Speed and playmaking ability).
    Reasoning: Miami has a lot of mouths to feed. I predict no one has above 80 REC. Instead, the 4 WR/1 TE will all have around 50-70 catches. I don't think there's a true #1 that's going to step out above everyone. I don't mean that as a negative either, but rather we have a collection of WR's that can step in and take advantages of weekly changing match ups and step up for big performances. One week, it'll be Jennings. Next, it could be Landry. Then Stills, Parker, Matthews, or Cameron... and round and round we go. I do think Cameron leads the team in TD's simply because he's going to get awesome matchups vs. LB's/Nickle DB's/Safeties that can't compete with his size, speed, or athleticism all at once. He put up 7 TD's in the AFC North w/Campbell, Hoyer, and Weeden rotating in and out at QB... If healthy, he's Jimmy Graham.

RB stats: Miller 1200 yards, 7 TDs rushing/
    Reasoning: Miller, with better bulk will be even better in 2015 and more be seen as "durable" by Philbin, thus getting the lion's share of the looks in 2015 (70% vs. RB2). Miami is still a passing team though, so I don't think Miller will have the chance to get more than 1300 yards. I think 1200 is a good guess, if healthy.

Sack Stats: Cameron Wake 17 sacks. Suh 12 sacks. OV: 7 sacks.
    Reasoning: Wake has a real partner for the first time in his career, and he's always putting up double digits when healthy. Still the best rated 4-3 DE in the NFL, as of last year. Suh will free him up big time. Even in his 30's, he's going to ball in 2015. Suh also has a real partner for the time in his career. Can't double team both. Will clean up when the QB steps up on Wake's speed rush, which has killed us in the past w/limited interior rush. OV isn't very special, IMO. Everyone seems to like him, but I see a guy who doesn't get after the QB with any consistency, despite seeing 1-1 matchups all the time.

Piston Honda and Unlucky 13 like this.
  3. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Wow this is awesome. You make a lot of sense here. I like what you said about the WR position. Although I had Landry with 100+ catches, you make sense with 50-70 catches. Everyone is going to get the ball based off matchups. The ball will be spread around.

What you said on Tannehill was impressive. I still think he could eclipse 40tds this year. 10 INTs would be an improvement, but I don't think there would be as many mistakes as in year's past. I'd personally cut the INTs to about 5-7 this year.

That defense is going to surprise some people. I know you aren't sold on OV but he is the real deal. The good thing is that he has room to grow considering is age (24). This is the time for all defensive players regardless of position to step up and play to their potential.

I'm really excited for the season. Thanks for posting man!!

4. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Man, I'd love to see them go undefeated!!

5. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

:mellow:

6. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I started this thread a few weeks ago essentially asking the same thing and a few posters were generous enough to follow up...

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?86185-Production-guesses-as-of-June

Here was the production from a year ago:

Wallace - 862 yards, 10 TDs
    Landry - 758 yards, 5 TDs
    Hartline - 474 yards, 2 TDs
    Gibson - 295 yards, 1 TD
    Matthews - 135 yards, 2 TDs

Clay - 605 yards, 3 TDs
    Sims - 284 yards, 2 TDs

Miller - 275 yards, 1 TD
    Williams - 187 yards, 1 TD

Tannehill - 4,045 yards, 27 TDs

Here are my rough estimates with a healthy roster going into 2015:

Landry - 950 yards, 6 TDs
    Parker - 1050 yards, 6 TDs
    Stills - 550 yards, 3 TDs
    Jennings - 350 yards, 4 TDs
    Matthews - 100 yards, 0 TDs

Cameron - 700 yards, 7 TDs
    Sims - 300 yards, 2 TDs

Miller - 250 yards, 2 TDs
    Williams - 200 yards, 2 TDs

Tannehill - 4,450 yards, 32 TDs

Keep in mind that the best match-up we have on the field will probably be Jordan Cameron. Devante Parker is also the most physically imposing of the weapons so if he's healthy I see him being the premier target. At this point, I feel bad saying Parker will get 1000 yards and Jennings will only get 350. I think those numbers will be closer to each other but I still see Parker as the real weapon and Jennings as a valuable veteran who contributes here and there. He only managed 750 yards last year in Minnesota so I doubt he'll get beyond 500 here with the competition. I might revise that to Parker gets 900 and Jennings gets 500. That's a little more balanced.

Also, this is not going to be an air-it-out type of offense so I see Tannehill improving but not beyond 4,500 yards. The running game will be a huge factor for us if the RBs stay healthy and the short and intermediate passes that Landry and Cameron will catch so many of aren't the kind of things that get a QB to gawdy yardage totals.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    10 and 6..

all 6 losses will be close..

Ryans stats improve across the board.

defense improves its ranking to at least top 10..

most talented receiving units ever on a dolphin team.

Came wake gives DPOY a run.

So does Suh.

8. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Sorry about the repost. I didn't see your post.

You have a very interesting, yet detailed prediction. I like it. It looks realistic although I'd add a couple hundred yards on all of those players stats. I'd like to see what will happen and the end of the season.

9. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Nice. Close losses is better than blowouts. I just feel they will do better than 10. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I look at how we played last year and I think we could've done so much more. So I expect it this year. Good post.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think winning ten and not getting blown out in games is good improvement.

11. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree. That may be enough to get into the playoffs. Last year that would've got us in. We might have done well in there last year.

12. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I am going with 12-4 this year. Two of the losses on DJ's list will actually be wins because for once, lady luck will be on our side, and the officials will actually be of help to us this year, rather than us being on the bad side on bogus calls against us.

I see Tannehill having a huge year this year throwing for 4400-4850 yards and running for over 500 yards with no fumbles and 7 int's and over 40 TD's this year. I see our offense over 6000 yards but could reach 7000 yards...

I also can see us even better as long as we stay healthy and no bad calls to cost us. So,on the high side I say we can reach 13-3 with the low side being 11-5.

My oh my, can you imagine us at 13-3 with home field advantage throughout? Sweet thing could come then...DJ will notice the venue rocking and rolling consistently hitting 140 decibels, which can and will lead us to the big dance.

13. dolfan7171

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Yes!! I can see that. Remember I started the post saying a prediction of 13-3. I don't think home field advantage is out of reach. It is definitely possible. I now want to watch it happen.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  14. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL

I thought this thread looked vaguely familiar Greg..Lol..I know I posted in it.:up:

15. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I see 10 wins. Landry will no doubt be the #1. He is the blanky. He will have the most receptions.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    holy crap..tannehill is gonna win he mvp..

Fin4Ever likes this.
  17. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    9-7. Not sure if that gets Miami in the playoffs or not. I think depth is an issue and I think Miami has some unfavorable parts of the schedule working against them. I'm not sure I see a win in the 3 game road stretch. Some of the other opponents - Baltimore, Houston - have owned Miami, sad to say. I think it's imperative Miami is 3-1 or 4-0 at the bye to have a shot at the playoffs. I just see 9-7 (I predicted 8-8 last year so let's hope I'm wrong this year).

18. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Early, rough draft guess: 10-6 and a wildcard. The talent has been there, and this year's team is even better. They need to win the games they've been giving away the last few years.

RT17: 4300 yards, 33 TD, 12 INT

Miller: 1250 yards, 4.7 YPC, 10 TD

Landry: 95 catches, 1050 yards, 5 TD
    Stills: 55 catches, 800 yards, 5 TD
    Parker: 60 catches, 750 yards, 7 TD
    Jennings: 50 catches. 650 yards, 5 TD

Cameron: 70 catches, 850 yards, 7 TD

I think that the defense is top 5 in sacks, and that the pressure from the front four leads to more picks for the DBs. With reasonable health, I see us having at least five players from that side of the ball in the Pro Bowl conversation.

19. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I think the best we will do is 11-5, but that will be if we stay basically injury free.
    I think we should be able to go 9-7, but I am going to split the difference and say 10-6.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  20. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Nice. That's about the highest I've probably ever seen you predict...and you're usually pretty close.

The other prediction I'm waiting on is CK's...he's usually within a game on his predicts.

Rick 1966 likes this.
  21. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    9-7...coulda had La'el Collins blocking for Melvin Gordon, whiffing on those two will cost us a trip to the playoffs.

22. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Why do you keep griping about Melvin and La'el? We did our best for Collins...He chose Dallas....and Gordon was not even in our sight....We wanted Gurley if we were going RB...We still got an awesome future playmaker for us starting this year in DeVante Parker.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    regardless of what we did or didn't do in the draft, he was an eligible undrafted free agent in a unique position to choose the team he really wanted to play for, so, we sent our a-team down to his home town to wine and dine him, jarvis landry, the hardest working man in sports, his best bud, and he gave us the finger and went to play for the cowboys.

so fu^% him man..

Brasfin, rafael, Fin4Ever and 2 others like this.
  24. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I totally agree although I still contend that there must've been a mandate put out by the league that no one touch him during the draft because I can't imagine why all 32 teams could not be bothered to give away so much as a 6th or 7th round pick for a shot at a player of his caliber.

That fact just doesn't make sense. In the real world, I think every single one of those teams would happily sneak in the back door late and scoop him up had they been allowed to.

The NFL's head office HAD to have had a hand in that.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  25. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    No, I think the bluff just worked. Apparently, multiple teams called him on draft day saying they'd take him in the later rounds, and he (his agent) said he'd just re-enter the draft next year if that happened. We know it's a bluff now (even the agent admitted that), but why use up even a 7th rounder if you believe it's going to be wasted? I mean, it does make sense for a guy who is universally projected in the 1st (at worst 2nd) round to say he'll re-enter the draft if drafted way too low (that impacts his salary for years, not just a single year).

26. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    There was no possible way that Collins could have re-entered the draft next year. It was UDFA or bust for him.

27. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

IIRC there was some tweets that mentioned the league's hands-off policy during the draft...it was a reputable source, I just don't recall who it was.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  28. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I loved Gordon, but don't believe Collins was a great fit for us. He was worth going after as a FA b/c he was obviously talented, but I don't believe that in the end he would have beat out Douglas. (and that was before the whole dust-up with the hooker) Time will tell on whether we regret passing on Gordon. Much may depend on how good Ajayi is.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  29. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    lmao that is absurd...Douglas might not even beat out Dallas Thomas for christs sake...

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I loved Gordon as well, had him above gurley..thats some call on Douglas, can you expound on that eval?

31. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Collins is a heavy footed maule. Our system emphasizes athleticism and angles. I hated Collins as a potential first or second round pick for us. He just wasn't a fit for a zone team. In my experience far and away the biggest determinant of on-field success for an OL is scheme fit, not talent. Obviously you need a certain amount of talent, but I don't usually see a big drop off in OL talent in the first 5 rounds or so. That's why I always rail against draft Gs in the first round. In that round you're paying for talent when what you need is the right player. That's how you fix an OL. We've spent high picks and big FA dollars on the OL and haven't shown much benefit b/c we haven't picked the right guys. Collins or any of the OL in the first round of this draft looked like poor fits to me. I saw their odds of actually improving our OL as low. And after that issue where Collins was accused of not paying the hooker Throatzilla, (LOL, you have to love that name), it's not difficult to imagine that he wouldn't have been on Philbin's favorites list.

Douglas played his whole college career in a zone scheme. He does a great job of getting to the second-level. Arguably, he was as good as any OL in the draft at that. Obviously every lineman is at a disadvantage trying to hit a quicker LB or DB, but compared to the other OL in the draft he was arguably the best. I've seen him pushing DBs 20 yards downfield. It's pretty rare to see an OL doing that. It also seemed to me like he was particularly good at finding the right guy downfield. He just seemed like he had a high football IQ. He's always been a plus run defender so I see him as a strong bet to improve our interior run game and to be the guy we see clearing space downfield to spring those long runs. He wasn't the guy who destroyed people, but he generally at least sealed them off. That's what we need as long as our backs have decent vision and hit the hole quickly. Douglas is an above average athlete. His weakness is in pass pro. He's actually incredibly strong in the weight room, but lacks functional strength on the field. He has struggled against bull rushers and athletic DTs. He sometimes drops his head and gets beat by swim moves. He shows lower body flexibility and quick set ability. It looked to me like his problem was a technique issue rather than a talent issue. He's plenty strong enough already, but his footwork and punch timing were poor. His footwork seemed to improve quite a bit when he was forced to play LT though. I think it will play dividends when he's at G for us. Reports from camp are that he's the front runner for our last G spot. Obviously with no pads the significance is limited, but it's a good sign. IMO Douglas is big enough, athletic enough and strong enough. He just needs to get meaner and improve his technique consistency. If only we had a DT with nasty rep to get him to ramp up his attitude? :shifty:

32. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I liked Melvin Gordon a lot and would have been happy with that selection. Having said that, Miller is trending upward. And Ajayi has potential to be the best RB in this draft class, with a terrific all-purpose skill set. I don't see why passing on Gordon is doom and gloom at this stage. I did like Collins too, and thought we should of drafted him regardless of his agents threats (which turned out to be bogus). But we didn't. And he chose Dallas after the fact.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  33. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I am with Rafael, La'el Collins was not a good fit for our ZBS. I am also not sure if he even would have beat Douglas on the depth Chart. I also think that Douglas will win the starting LG Position. I want to see what they all look like in pads before anyone panics. I do believe this is why the FO has not made a move on Mathis yet because I believe that they think our guys will be good enough until proven otherwise.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Ive already forgotten about Collins because he told us to piss off, but I did have him rated as a first round talent..

Fin4Ever likes this.
  35. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I agree, he can F*** off and he may be a 1st round projection for pro style offense, but imho, he would not have fit so well in our ZBS.

36. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Great post Rafael...I agree on Douglas...after MrClean told me to check him out in late February I really liked his speed, his strength, quick to get off the ball, and downfield blocking were all pretty good. I look forward to watching the battle in camp.

rafael likes this.
  37. Patssuck

Patssuck Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Go troll somewhere else. You have already proven that you are a joke.