1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shenmue III

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's really a shame that developers like Keiji Inafune, Koji Igarashi, and now Yu Suzuki need to go to Kickstarter to get these games made. It shows that the head honchos at game companies are suffering from head-in-rectal-cavity syndrome. Inafune raised almost $4 million for Mighty no. 9, Igarashi hit $5.5 million for Bloodstained, and Yu Suzuki is now at 2.3 million after a few hours.

I wonder when Yosh*taka Murayama (really, the language filter catches THAT?) will kickstart Suikoden VI.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  3. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Well, the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 ended up at $6.3 million, and it wasn't even handled as well as it could have been. I'm in at $60 for a PS4 physical copy. I've got mixed emotions about Yu needing to use Kickstarter, but I think it can be great way to gauge interest in older/niche games. Hopefully it will encourage some game companies to match at least dollor-for-dollar to get games developed that othewise seem too "risky".

I loved playing the original games on the Dreamcast (and the Euro version of Shenmue II was the first time I had bought an imported game). The wife would sit and watch me play for hours at a time, and it helped get her into playing games herself on the original Xbox. Actually, that whole Sony E3 conference was just crazy good. The Last Guaridan? FFVII? Shenmue III? Throw in No Mans Sky and Horizon Zero Dawn and there is a lot to look forward too in the next couple years.

Now, if I could just see the return of 2K Football, I'd be ready to die a happy man. :)