1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz: Friday night Dolphins notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jun 6, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    DeVante Parker’s foot surgery, which his agent says comes with an eight-week recovery timetable, isn’t a huge setback, but it is a mild setback in two ways:

1) Though Parker has been exceptional catching the ball in OTAs, he was still working on “cleaning up his route running,” as Ryan Tannehill noted to Dan Le Batard on ESPN Radio this week. That will now have to wait.

2) Some Dolphins people had expected Parker to emerge as a starter in Week 1, but that seems far less likely if he plays only a game or two --- or none at all --- in preseason.

On Suh and Cameron Wake, Coyle said: “I see a chemistry already developing between those two that will be real exciting to watch as the season unfolds next year. They will help each other in a lot of ways.”

Coyle said Brice McCain “has been the ultimate pro since the day he got here. He has tremendous quickness and top end speed.” Coyle said “a guy who’s really stood out is Walt Aikens. He’s playing at the safety spot. Will get some work at corner. He has really stepped up his game.” Coyle loves the group of the rookie corners, four new rookie linebackers and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, among others.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...on-punters-insult-coyle-addresses-issues.html

2. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    As disappointing as the news is about Parker, I'm excited about Brice McCain and the whole defense.

I'm also glad we did not go DB high in the draft. I think that a) McCain will be better than Finnegan last year (who was solid before he got hurt). McCain is a playmaker.

People don't realize how fast he is. He ran a 4.33 at his pro day. He's also only 28 so he's still young and can play. At the same time, Jamar Taylor is a solid player who could also start at the outside. And, I think our depth is the best we've had in some time with Bobby McCain, Tony Lippett, Zack Bowman and Davis (almost an afterthought at this point).

Add to that a much improved D-Line and that makes the DBs that much better. Pretty pumped about the defense overall. Two words though:

Stay. Healthy.

3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I honestly don't want to hear about Davis or Taylor anymore and how they're going to "step up" again this season. Injuries, inconsistencies or what have you...I'm done pinning my hopes on those two.
    I'm wishing a Seamster or Tippet is in the next conversation of DB's that's going to steal a job and show something. I even see the McCain rookie battling for time as a slot DB.
    The team saw the weakness of the secondary and went out, did their job and brought the competition in for training camp.
    Let's see if Davis/ Taylor realize this is their last shot at staying on this team long term.

Agua and Fin4Ever like this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    tough but fair, its year 3..better ball out..

Fin4Ever likes this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

like at the swimming pool when your suit moves a little to the side

6. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I like his epiphany on simplifying the defense, identifying players strengths, and playing guys in roles where they can succeed. Who'da thunk it?

[​IMG]

Fin4Ever likes this.
  7. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Tres McCains and the undraftable four...That would be a great fantasy name.