1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannibal - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Clark Kent, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Just finished up watching the premiere... Thank god it's back. If you're a fan of great TV, start watching. Story, acting, style, this show has in spades. Basically an HBO quality series on NBC. Nothing else like on TV atm either.

- Interesting that the show didn't pickup right where Season 2 ended. Which was a massive cliffhanger where a number of important characters lives were left in limbo. While it may seem strange on the surface, I feel like it was the perfect decision, as catching up with Dr. Lector was more important. More important, because as Hannibal stated in the "previously on..." segment, his old life is gone and he'll have to transform. And this transformation is far more terrifying, as Lector doesn't seem to want to hide anymore. He's no longer a supporting character, pulling strings, experimenting, and observing from behind the scenes. He's the full fledged monster now and doesn't want to hide in plan sight. He's taken off his "person suit."

- His relationship with his former Psychiatrist is downright creepy. And confusing. Last year, she was back and forth, hot and cold. One minute she seemed intrigued by Lector, offering advice, and friendly. The next, she's ratting him out to the police. Then we see her joining him on the plane after he attempted to massacre 3 FBI employees. And even after the premiere of S3, their relationship is still unclear. Bedelia seems fascinated by him and downright terrified of him at the same time. She tells Hannibal at one point, she feels in control of her own thoughts, which is unusual around him. We've already seen Hannibal demonstrate his ability to manipulate others at will. We've never seen it on this scale though. Looking forward to seeing this relationship play out.

- Eddie Izzard? I liked him on this show. Glad to see they got him back one more time. His conversations with Hannibal, which all took place as they ate him at various points (lol), were interesting. The most important part, was Gideon telling Hannibal that he wishes it were Will Graham at the dinner table with him. I guess Lector still has feelings for him? Can't wait for the cat and mouse game to begin.

ToddPhin likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    I know there are a few Hannibal fans here, despite 100 views and 0 replies lol...

Sad news, NBC is cancelling Hannibal. Season 3 is the last, unless someone else picks it up. I really hope Netflix picks it up. The best TV show nobody is watching. Frankly, it's top 3 overall, period. The writing, direction, acting, style... Masterpiece.

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Absolutely! Masterpiece is absolutely correct. I sincerely hope another distributor picks it up and runs with it. This story deserves to be told as it has been the past three seasons.

Clark Kent likes this.
  4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Still not sure what to think of season 3. I will say though, Mr crippled mangled face is a bit much with his Jim Carey Grinch impersonation. Or is it one of the Jokers from Batman?

5. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    He's always had that type of accent/manner of speaking, even in the films. I think the actor is doing a good job.

Last night's episode was incredible. Gillian Anderson had an amazing performance. And the ending... Holy ****, business is picking up.